GDECE107 Early Childhood Education Assignment Sample
Review the research literature on STEM education and a range of recent (past 5 years) STEM education Apps currently available for children in the early years. Select five Apps, one from each category discussed in class (construction, experimentation, skills based etc . Describe the functions of the Apps and assess their potential to effectively engage with STEM concepts and skills, and reflect the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
• Discuss recent research studies on STEM education in early years. Refer to relevant literature.
• Discuss STEM education Apps for young children
• Selects 5 Apps that are discussed in class and assess their potential to support children seeming and understanding of STEM concepts
• Discuss the functions of selected Apps and reflect upon their effectiveness. Refer to EYLF and relevant literature
• Academic English expression and referencing APA style
• Minimum 7 academic references
STEM. An integrative exploration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Implementing a play-based pedagogy, STEM focuses on giving children the right opportunity to investigate, manipulate, create spaces and experiment with the resource and materials which are needed in developing the concepts and skills and educating them on the values of science, technology, and engineering, and mathematics.
Developing children’s science inquiry skills are an important aspect of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Foundation to Year 2 Australian Curriculum. The framework of EYLF involves practices, principles, and outcomes for children in their early education from birth till their transition to school.
The paper discusses the need for STEM knowledge in the population, especially in children, and the ways to do so. It also discusses the techniques that can be used as an Intermittent Discussion, Advance Organizer and Closure. According to Mustafa et.al. (2022) Industry, 4.0 gives reference to knowledge, physical cyber, innovation, and human capital in today’s era. These conditions are needed to be fulfilled for a developing country and its population especially the children to progress and become a developed nation. But it can be seen that a very less portion of the population in these countries are qualified in these sectors example there is a very less number of registered engineers in these countries. Mustafa et.al. (2022) state that the focus of industry 4.0 is to increase the understanding of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) in human populations. The higher education system of these countries must be upgraded to meet the needs of Industry 4.0, which can make an effective workforce in these sectors. These countries are constantly trying to improve STEM education but the interest of the students gradually decreases in these subjects. This especially occurs during early childhood education. This causes the students to steer clear of the fields related to STEM while pursuing postsecondary education. To achieve specific goals, as a framework for developing the activities Teachers can use the activity pattern of ICL. According to the anticipated objectives, the activities of ICL are designed or selected. According to the principle of constructive alignment, an active verb is included in the outcomes such that in the context of their learning environment the students can do the development of their understanding at an appropriate level of the result. Mustafa et.al. (2022) suggests as a primary concern, ICL in STEM education must be brought up in the future generations so that many issues which may arise due to STEM education in the future can be dealt with.
This paper discusses the effects of STEM education and compares the creative thinking abilities before and after undergoing education according to the STEM Education concept. According to Somwaeng (2021) for a developing nation, one of the most important resources is human resources and its development is crucial for the development of the nation. Science, mathematics, and other knowledge are very important for young children. Challenging environments for learning should be present for children to boost their skills and attitude. This can be done using learning Science and mathematics in early childhood. In early childhood school, STEM education should be provided to every child as it develops an attitude toward solving problems. For practicing knowledge and soft skills, the organization of STEM education is very important. Through content and practices of mathematics, science, and engineering practices the definition of STEM education pedagogy can be done. In the school setting, holistic integration of knowledge can be provided by organizing STEM education. Somwaeng (2021) states that the enhancement of students related to STEM education requires the creative thinking of the students. To foster students so that they can find creative solutions IPST has recommended the engineering design process. It includes problem identification, collection of concepts and information related to the problem, designing of possible solutions, implementing of solutions to the problems, evaluation, and testing of the results for improvement. It was found that the creative thinking in 2 students became higher after they received organized education according to the STEM Education concept. Somwaeng (2021) states that the intervention of STEM education helped the children to apply knowledge to real-life problems.
According to Wan, Jiang, & Zhan (2021), a collective name of families of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and its disciplines is known as STEM. It is often referred to as the education policies and curriculums and its related education and teaching when STEM is regarded. STEM infuses mathematic analysis, scientific inquiry, and technological and engineering design into the curriculum. From them, STEM education of the traditional discipline-based practices this paper helps to differentiate the current trends of STEM in education. It has been seen that in recent years from governments all over the world there has been a push given to STEM education which has helped to develop STEM education in schools and STEM teaching has been professionally developed. In the EC context, STEM education can be divided into three levels. First level deals with the strengthening of discipline-based content learning. The second level deals with the enhancement of discipline-based integration. The third level deals with preparation for innovation-driven integration. Concept of the STEM can be clearly understood when the three levels of STEM education are studied. Wan, Jiang,& Zhan (2021) state that if children are encouraged to play with mechanical toys which are linked to STEM-based sciences then they can understand STEM in a better way. This can also generate creative thinking in children from early childhood. The use of applications and technology can also do the same.
According to Çiftçi, Topçu, & Foulk, (2020) integration of the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics is done by using STEM education. A strong relationship has been found between the development of the characteristics like exploration, observation, investigation, communication, and STEM education in early childhood. In the early childhood curriculum, STEM education should be integrated. This can help children to develop the concept in STEM fields and discover the STEM fields in a better way and help in rapid learning and development of the child. By description analysis and content analysis of data which were driven from the STEM integrated lesson plans and the open-ended questionnaire, the importance of STEM education in early childhood can be found. In this, it was found that STEM education helps in Developing research and inquiry skills, developing problem-solving skills, developing critical thinking skills, etc. Çiftçi, Topçu, & Foulk, (2020) discusses how STEM education can be included in the early childhood period. Writers discuss that this can be done using STEM-based activities, practicing Interdisciplinary ways like adding art and literature to STEM, etc. Teacher Education and Curriculum also play a huge role in this the pre-service early childhood teachers’ lectures related to STEM should be given, regular updates to STEM-related techniques should be provided to them. STEM-related education apps can be also used for children, this can increase their interest in the topics of STEM.
Discussing apps on Stem Education
Recent research studies on STEM education in the early years have provided us with the necessary data to inquire about and discuss the learning platform for children. (Campbell et al., 2018).
Through a study on STEM, we came to know that children must have foundation skills such as literacy and numeracy to communicate and register their early childhood investigations. (Mac Donald et al., 2020)
Skill and game-based Apps such as Tallytots, Nighty night which do not require the support of an adult around, children can explore a lot by playing them, and also, they can explore eBooks through Teddy’s Day, Book Creator, and MadPad.
Apps by STEM education for children are not meant for hierarchical categories but it represents the specific content and design of the range of available Apps. (Akturk, & Demircan, 2017)
Apps are divided into 5 categories to enhance their different skills while promoting learning in a more conjugal manner.
• Skill-based Apps: These apps promote early mathematics skills to strengthen investigations.
• Construction and Experimentation-based Apps: It is an area where they can develop an interest with an understanding at a human level.
• Exploratory Games Based Apps: In solving problems, the environment of a game makes it explorable and the setting of overcoming challenges to reach a goal enhances the children’s learning pattern.
• Interactive eBooks: eBooks create a new field of vision, especially for children, it allows them to investigate and think about the various aspects of the world.
• Creative and Open-ended Apps: These apps provide fields for collating and communicating ideas.
APPLICATIONS BASED ON STEM EDUCATION
Tallytots number: Skill-based App
A fancy app that promotes children’s education with the basic numerical. It is divided into 20 mini-games to provide children with options in choosing different platforms for learning. It uses attractive design and model which enriches them with the education of quantity, ordering, sorting, counting, and a guide to support counting up to 100. Tallytots number provides a basis for children to go with the EYLF framework and model (Mustafa et al. 2022).
Potential, and Effectiveness
• Solve problems, set order, and builds self-confidence.
• Develop an understanding of handling challenges with a positive approach.
• Come up with new challenges for children to further their learning and scope of vision.
• Enhances communication and exercises multimodal learning scenarios through singing numbers and other games.
Thinkrolls: Exploratory-game based App
It is an exploratory-based game that teaches scientific concepts such as buoyancy, synchronizing movements, and advanced knowledge in a fun way. (Tipett, & Milford, 2017)
It is designed in a way to provide less support to children and allow them to think critically, with balls that show various personalities, children can think confidently.
Potential, and Effectiveness
• It boosts the morale of children by providing fun and interesting challenges.
• It makes them understand the kind of world children are living in and will grow from.
• It engages children in fun activities to identify the nature of the act itself.
• It follows principles and practices that are promoted through EYLF and STEM.
Toca House: Construction and Experimentation-based App
A safe collection of housekeeping mini-games for preschoolers. It is designed as a toy rather is through playing, constructing, solving puzzles and problems, children explore wide fields than a game so it is exploratory as children will have to explore the house and help the interesting character with daily chores. Children receive only subtle feedback but are greeted proudly with a fancy display every time they finish a task (Murphy et al. 2019).
Potential, and Effectiveness
• It enhances children’s imagination and allows them to explore in a fun way.
• It teaches them to be positive and learn from household chores.
• It teaches them good moral values and educates good manners.
• It boosts their confidence and helps them in socializing.
• It follows the multimodal learning of EYLF.
Peppa Pig: Interactive eBooks
It is a mild British series with a simple and pleasant animation. The story revolves around portraying the life of a preschooler, such as visiting grandparents, playing, riding bikes, with strong lessons on morals about kindness, loyalty, and thoughtfulness.
Potential, and Effectiveness
• It is good for registering characters, tones, and beliefs for children to identify behavioral patterns
• It shows a living, children can relate to and expect to make a social change from it.
• It is good for children to explore unwanted areas mildly to understand important lessons.
• Teaches values, social obligations, and relations.
MadPad: Creative and open-ended App
It is a music app that works on syncing and loops, children spending hours can create fascinating, unique, and spontaneous results in it.
Potential, and Effectiveness
• Children can make use of their creative abilities through syncing and creating different sounds.
• In early age, children will be prone to advance uses of technology
• It is a unique platform for children to make use of.
Children’s everyday life provides them with numerous opportunities to involve themselves which involves mathematics, science, exploration, routines, and activities. An educator’s role is to nourish the seed that will grow into a tree once. STEM and EYLF both aim at providing the next generation education to children, by dissecting the primary branches of education, STEM and EYLF has created a new scope for learning among children and the education system comprises of providing with necessary skills that are required for them to grow and change in the best possible way.
However, it is recommended that the children are exposed to art too so that their growth can take a diversified route.
With the inclusion of art in STEM and the EYLF framework, children might be able to look at the artistic side of the reason and their understanding of true knowledge might get broader after that. As children are the seeds of society, they require every touch of nature to go on.
Akturk, A. A., & Demircan, H. O. (2017). A review of studies on STEM and STEAM education in early childhood. Ahi Evran Üniversitesi K?r?ehir E?itim Fakültesi Dergisi (KEFAD), 18(2), 757-776.
Campbell, C., Speldewinde, C., Howitt, C., & MacDonald, A. (2018). STEM practice in the early years. Creative Education, 9(01), 11.
Çetin, M., & Demircan, H. Ö. (2020). Empowering technology and engineering for STEM education through programming robots: A systematic literature review. Early Child Development and Care, 190(9), 1323-1335.
Çiftçi, A., Topçu, M. S., & Foulk, J. A. (2020). Pre-service early childhood teachers’ views on STEM education and their STEM teaching practices. Research in Science & Technological Education, 1-27.
MacDonald, A., Huser, C., Sikder, S., & Danaia, L. (2020). Effective early childhood STEM education: Findings from the Little Scientists evaluation. Early Childhood Education Journal, 48(3), 353-363.
Murphy, S., MacDonald, A., Danaia, L., & Wang, C. (2019). An analysis of Australian STEM education strategies. Policy Futures in Education, 17(2), 122-139.
Mustafa, N. A., Shah, N. M., Hashim, N. W., & Desa, M. M. (2022). AN OVERVIEW OF STEM EDUCATION AND INDUSTRY 4.0 FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION IN MALAYSIA. Journal of Positive School Psychology, 53-62.
Simoncini, K., & Lasen, M. (2018). Ideas about STEM among Australian early childhood professionals: how important is STEM in early childhood education?. International Journal of Early Childhood, 50(3), 353-369.
Somwaeng, A. (2021, March). Developing early childhood students’ creative thinking ability in STEM Education. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1835, No. 1, p. 012009). IOP Publishing.
Tippett, C. D., & Milford, T. M. (2017). Findings from a pre-kindergarten classroom: Making the case for STEM in early childhood education. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 15(1), 67-86.
Wan, Z. H., Jiang, Y., & Zhan, Y. (2021). STEM education in early childhood: A review of empirical studies. Early Education and Development, 32(7), 940-962.
- Assignment - Accounting
- Assignment - Auditing
- Assignment - Biology
- Assignment - Management
- Assignment - Law
- Assignment - Nursing
- Assignment - Finance
- Assignment - Economics
- Assignment - Computer Science and IT
- Assignment - Humanities
- Assignment - Statistics
- Assignment - Architecture
- Assignment - Engineering
- Assignment - cookery
- Assignment - Marketing
- Assignment - Child Care
- Assignment - Mathematics
- Case Study - Accounting
- Case Study - Law
- Case Study - Management
- Case Study - Nursing
- Case Study - Finance
- Case Study - Computer Science and IT
- Case Study - Engineering
- Case Study - Economics
- Case Study - Biology
- Case Study - Auditing
- Case Study - Marketing
- Case Study - Project Management
- Coursework - Accounting
- Coursework - Auditing
- Coursework - Biology
- Coursework - Management
- Coursework - Nursing
- Coursework - Finance
- Coursework - Computer Science and IT
- Coursework - Engineering
- Coursework - Humanities
- Coursework - Child Care
- Coursework - Project Management
- Coursework - Economics
- Coursework - Cookery
- Coursework - Law
- Coursework - Diploma
- Dissertation - Accounting
- Dissertation - Auditing
- Dissertation - Biology
- Dissertation - Law
- Dissertation - Management
- Dissertation - Nursing
- Dissertation - Finance
- Dissertation - Computer Science and IT
- Dissertation - Humanities
- Dissertation - Economics
- Essay - Accounting
- Essay - Biology
- Essay - Law
- Essay - Management
- Essay - Nursing
- Essay - Computer Science and IT
- Essay - Humanities
- Essay - Economics
- Essay - Auditing
- Essay - Engineering
- Essay - Architecture
- Essay - Finance
- Essay - Science
- Essay - Marketing
- Programming - Computer Science and IT
- Reports - Management
- Reports - Computer Science and IT
- Reports - Project Management
- Reports - Marketing
- Reports - Nursing
- Reports - Engineering
- Reports - Accounting
- Reports - Humanities
- Reports - Finance
- Research - Statistics
- Research - Accounting
- Research - Auditing
- Research - Biology
- Research - Law
- Research - Management
- Research - Nursing
- Research - Finance
- Research - Computer Science and IT
- Research - Science
- Research - Engineering
- Research - Humanities
- Research - Economics
- Research - Project Management
- Research - Architecture
- Research - Marketing
- Thesis Writing - Computer Science and IT
- Thesis Writing - Engineering
- Thesis Writing - Biology
- Thesis Writing - Finance
- Thesis Writing - Humanities
- Thesis Writing - Auditing
- Thesis Writing - Economics
- Thesis Writing - Law
- Thesis Writing - Nursing
- Thesis Writing - Accounting
- Thesis Writing - Architecture
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing