BSBLDR601 Lead and Manage Organizational Change Assignment Sample
Due - Sunday by 23:59
You need to answer all the written questions correctly.
Your answers must be word processed and uploaded into Canvas.
Assessment criteria for assignment help
All questions must be answered correctly in order for you to be assessed as having completed the task satisfactorily.
Written answer question guidance
The following written questions use a range of “instructional words” such as “identify” or “explain”, which tell you how you should answer the question. Use the definitions below to assist you to provide the type of response expected.
Note that the following guidance is the minimum level of response required.
1. Explain four events or trends that may impact whether or not organisational objectives are achieved.
The four trends or events, which may impact whether or not organisational objectives are achieved, have been explained below:
• Practices and processes might reduce or increase profit due to additional processes: The practices and processes of the organisations might reduce or increase their profits due to additional processes, due to which the organisational objectives are not achieved. One of the finest examples of additional processes is risk management, due to which the employees of the companies may sometimes fail to achieve their general objectives while identifying and managing risks. Risk management requires providing an integrated perspective to the control, monitoring and evaluation of risks, due to which the simultaneous organisational activities to meet its primary objectives can be affected (Hopkin 2018).
• Demand for flexible workers: In recent times, the demand for flexible workers have been increased so that the organisational objectives can be met more effectively. In this aspect, the example of the Covid-19 pandemic can be given, due to such demand has been increased (Spurk & Straub 2020). The unavailability of such workers is becoming a challenge for the company while meeting the organisational objectives.
• Higher cost of new technology: The cost of new technologies has been increasing rapidly, due to which the organisations are failing to achieve their basic objectives. In this context, the example of stricter safety protocols can be given, due to which one of the most primary business activities to meet the objectives cannot be achieved. Business transformation by implementing new technologies can force companies to change their primary business objectives (Westerman, Bonnet & McAfee 2014).
• Concern regarding long-term service of employees: The concerns of the business firms regarding the long-term services of the employees have been increasing. In this context, the example of the Covid-19 pandemic can also be given. Due to this, the companies are failing to retain their employees due to the unavailability of wages.
2. List at least five existing practices that may be used to guide organisational change.
Five existing practices, which may be utilised for guiding organisational change, have been
• Mobilisation of visible and active executive sponsorship: While guiding for organisational change, the leaders play the most crucial role by helping the employees participate within the entire lifecycle of the change (Prosci 2022).
• Application of structured change management approaches: Well-defined and well-structured change management approaches are needed to be applied.
• Open and frequent communication: Open and frequent communication is needed to be established amongst the employees and employers.
• Engagement with front-line staff: The leaders require to engage or involve with the front-line staff so that they can effectively meet the requirements of the customers.
• Engagement and integration with project management: It is also required to integrate and engage with project management.
3. Describe the process to conduct a cost-benefit analysis. In your answer, explain which methods are relevant and useful to complete the particular process step.
A cost-benefit analysis (CBA) can be defined as the procedure of comparing the estimated and projected benefits or opportunities and costs related to a project decision so that the current business perspectives can be determined. It is the systematic procedure for making decisions, which was illustrated by Benjamin Franklin in 1772 (Koopmans & Mouter 2020).
Two important examples of CBA methods are keeping track of all records and monitoring intangible items. The process, which is needed to be followed while conducting a cost-benefit analysis, is as follows:
• Step 1: Specification of the set of available options: Identification and analysis of organisational policies.
• Step 2: Deciding whose benefits and costs are needed to be counted: Measurement of the national cost (Australian Government 2022).
• Step 3: Identification of the impacts and selection of measurement indicators: Identification of the incremental costs.
• Step 4: Prediction of the future impacts: Forecast analysis.
• Step 5: Monetising the impacts by placing dollar values: Current profit and loss analysis.
• Step 6: Discounting benefits and future costs for obtaining present value: Future cash flow analysis.
• Step 7: Computing the “Net Present Value (NPV)” of every option: NPV analysis.
• Step 8: Performing sensitivity analysis: Worst and best case analysis.
• Step 9: Reaching a conclusion: Summarising Cost-benefit analysis.
4. Explain how effective change management strategies can assist with embedding change in an organisation. Give an example of an effective change management strategy in your answer.
Change management can be defined as the way for ensuring the effectiveness of the changes which have been applied within the organisational processes, team and organisation. Three important phases of change management strategies are preparation for the changes, managing changes and reinforcing changes (Hiatt & Creasey 2012). Effective change management strategies are those which include the aspects of change management approaches or models. Effective change management strategies possess clear goals and objectives, due to which it becomes easy to embed changes within a company. Such strategies assist the employees of different business organisations in creating momentum by establishing visions related to the change so that all the employees can understand the necessity and requirement of implementing changes. In this context, it is necessary to create a coalition team whose members can effectively set a vision for organisational change by making decisions collaboratively. One of the finest examples of an effective change management strategy within an organisation is to provide training opportunities to the employees by maintaining effective communication (Krakoff 2022).
5. Outline one approach (or process) that can be used in the workplace to communicate and embed change.
Approach refers to the procedure through which the business organisations or individuals try to approach different tasks or projects so that some organisational activities can be dealt with (Cambridge Dictionary 2022). One of the most suitable processes or approaches, which can be utilised within the workplace for communicating and embedding change is the McKinsey 7-S principle. It can be defined as the tool for analysing the designs of the organisations, which consists of seven elements such as skill, strategy, structure, shared values, staff, style and system (McKinsey & Company 2008). The effective organizational structure can embed and communicate change, whereas the staff needs to be involved within the change management so that the overall organisational strategies for change can be developed. Effective technical infrastructure in terms of the systems can embed changes successfully by helping the staff to develop their skills and shared values. Lastly, a code of conduct is required to be considered in terms of style while embedding and communicating change.
6. Explain the risk management process. You may answer using a labelled diagram or in words (or both) and must include:
• a definition of risk management.
• A list or illustration of the steps in a risk management process.
• A description of what each step involves (including methods).
• Risk management can be defined as the procedure for controlling, evaluating and recognising threats or risks in terms of the earnings and capital of the organisations (Tucci 2021). One of the basic examples of risk management is risk analysis and mitigation.
• Steps involved with the risk management procedure are Step 1: Recognition of the risks, Step 2: Analysis of the risks, Step 3: Ranking and evaluation of the risks, Step 4: Treating the risks, and Step 5: Monitoring and reviewing the risks (Thomas 2020).
• Firstly, a risk breakdown structure can be utilised while recognising the risks present within the organisations. Secondly, the Delphi technique or other risk analysis methods can be used for analysing the risks. Thirdly, the Rank ratio or scoring method can be applied for ranking and evaluating the risks. Fourthly, loss prevention is one of the most effective methods for treating the risks, and lastly, a Risk audit can be done for monitoring and reviewing the risks.
7. Explain four options that an organisation may use to take to mitigate or control risks.
Four options, which a company may utilise for controlling and mitigating the risks, have been explained below:
• Risk Avoidance: If the risks present within a company raise negative consequences, then it is required to completely avoid those impacts (Schenkelberg 2019). In this context, the business activities involved with the risks can be stepped away for avoiding the occurrence of unwanted events. Additionally, business firms can create organisational procedures and policies for assisting the companies to avoid and foresee high-risk situations.
• Risk Acceptance: Another option available for controlling and mitigating the risks is to accept, whose consequences possess comparatively lower negative impacts. The probable loss from the accepted and identified risks is considered manageable. Accepting risks is not a mitigation approach as by this, the effects of the risks do not reduce.
• Risk Control or reduction: The probability of occurring the risks can be reduced or controlled with the help of hazard analysis and other risk assessment tools. The investment of money or funds is involved with this option for minimising the risks on the projects. One of the most suitable examples of risk control or reduction is to invest in highly skilled personnel of the projects for reviewing their scope and costing.
• Risk Transference: Transference is the option for shifting the burden associated with the consequences of the risks to other parties. One of the finest examples of this option is to outsource certain operations like customer services. Another procedure is to purchase insurance.
8. Explain three ways the benefits for organisational change can be promoted in a communication and education plan.
The three ways through which the advantages of organisational change can be promoted within an education and communication plan are as follows:
• Involvement of the employees within the change procedure: It is one of the most effective ways through which the benefit of organisational change, which is to develop the knowledge of the individuals, can be promoted within an education and communication plan (Sidman 2009). In this context, the leaders of different organisations can follow a democratic leadership style for involving all the employees within the decision-making process of organisational change.
• Promotion of teamwork through innovation: Another way is to promote teamwork through applying the benefit of organisational change, which is to encourage innovation so that the individuals can share their viewpoints and ideas in terms of an education and communication plan. Additionally, the members of different teams can be educated for participating within the education and communication plan by understanding organisational changes.
• Empowering employees by promoting skill development: The last way is to empower employees so that their skill development can be promoted as a part of an education and communication plan. In this context, support and assistance can be provided to the employees within each aspect of the organisational change and operations.
9. What is meant by "organisational behaviour", and how does it impact change strategies?
Organisational behaviour can be defined as the study regarding the interactions of the individuals within groups along with the investigation on how effectively they can maintain the business principles of their respective organisations. Organisational behavior impacts the change strategies by allowing the employees to implement changes based on their allocated roles and responsibilities within groups. Organisational behaviour also helps both employers and employees to think differently while making decisions for change strategies (iEduNote 2022). Business organisations, which are capable of taking risks while making decisions in terms of change strategies, can enhance creativity and innovation, which in turn, are influenced by organisational behaviour. Lastly, organisational behavior assists to motivate the performance of the employees, which is required enough while developing change strategies.
10. How does the external environment impact the change strategies used in an organisation? Provide an example to illustrate your answer.
The external environment can be defined as the collaboration of different conditions or factors which are outside of the companies, although it affects the internal activities and strategies of the businesses (Tipton 2022). Examples of the external environment are political, technological, social and economic factors. The external environment of different business organisations impacts the change strategies which are utilised within a company. Market conditions, including the current trends and changing requirements of the customers, is one of the most effective examples of the external environment, which can impact the change strategies. In this context, the organisations should also consider the organisational changes of their competitors for dealing with the current market conditions so that more effective and successful change strategies can be developed and executed. While considering the current market trends and changing preferences of the customers according to those trends, the companies can change their strategies so that more effective and successful results can be achieved.
11. List at least four components that should be included in a change management plan.
The four significant components, which should be involved within a change management plan, have been listed below:
• Leadership alignment: In this aspect, it is required to recognise the sponsors and leaders who are crucial to the effectiveness and success of the projects.
• Stakeholder engagement: All types of stakeholders like third parties, employees, and shareholders are needed to be engaged within the change management plan so that their support and influence for the process can be understood (Carracher 2022).
• Communication: Communication is one of the key components which should be involved with the plan so that an effective relationship amongst all the stakeholders can be maintained.
• Training: Provision of training opportunities is another required component, which can help the employees to adopt the new changes effectively.
Download Samples PDF
- MBA613 Organizational Change and Innovation
- LAW6000 Business and Corporate Law Assignment
- Leadership and Effecting Change in Public Health Assignment
- PSYC20036 Assignment 3
- STA201 Business Statistics Assignment
- MIS606 Professional Practice Assignment
- ACCT6003 Financial Accounting Processes Assignment
- HI5016 International Trade and Enterprise Assignment
- HCT199 Evidencing Learning in Specialist Professional Assignment
- MGT501 Business Environment Report 2
- PROJ6000 Principles of Project Management
- MBA600 Capstone Strategy Assignment
- CPCCBC4012 Building and Construction Assignment
- MGT601 Dynamic Leadership Report
- AURTTA017 Carryout Vehicle Safety Inspection Assignment
- CSM80017 Managing Quality and Safety in Construction Site Operation Assignment
- COMP1001 Data Communications and Networks Assignment
- MAA705 Corporate Auditing Assignment
- BE284 Strategic Management Assignment
- ACCT6005 Company Accounting Case Study
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing