Analog Vs Digital Communication Essay: A Comprehensive Analysis
Task: Write a 2000-word essay contrasting the analogue and digital communication systems. Give a thorough examination of the two communication systems, including a brief description of each and a list of benefits and drawbacks. The students are required to cite at least ten articles that have undergone peer review in this essay.
One of the most crucial components of human civilisation is communication. Without effective communication, humanity would not be where it is now. The means of communication have changed and advanced over time, just like any other technological invention. The analogue vs. digital communication essay provides a concise history of the various transmission and communication methods used by mankind. The assignment includes a thorough explanation of analogue and digital communication as well as a contrast of the two methods.
Start with the fundamental parts of every communication system in order to completely comprehend this analogue vs. digital communication essay. Any kind of communication has three primary parts, which are as follows:
Sender: The individual sending the communication is referred to as the sender.
• Channel: The medium used to transmit a message is referred to as a communication channel.
• Receiver: The point at which the message signal ends up at its final destination is called a receiver.
A signal is any message or other piece of information that is sent from the sender to the receiver through gestures, movements, sounds, etc. An energy source called a signal transmits a message through a communication channel (Bhagyaveni, Kalidoss, & Vishvaksenan, 2016). This energy takes the form of electromagnetic waves in communication networks.
There are two types of signals:
1. Analog Signals
2. Digital Signals
Now that you've read this article comparing analogue and digital communication, you know what analogue communication is. Analog communication is any form of communication that uses analogue signals. In analogue signals, a continuous physical quantity with time-varying instantaneous values is represented (Veretekhina, et al., 2018). The analogue signal's amplitude changes over time, either frequently or sporadically. A sine wave is used to indicate it. Speech, sound, voice, and other types of information can all be carried via an analogue transmission.
When using analogue communication, speech, noises, or voice messages must be translated into an electrical form that may be sent to the intended recipient. An analogue signal is created from the message with the aid of a transducer. The signal is then sent through the channel to the output transducer, which transforms the analogue signal back into a human-understandable speech message.
Communication via analogue signals is only appropriate for close proximity since it is susceptible to noise, which can distort the message and make it challenging to interpret. However, analogue signals can be transferred across greater distances with the use of modulation techniques, in particular: Amplitude Modulation and Angle Modulation (Matin, 2018).
A modulator is required at the transmitter end and a demodulator is required at the reception end when utilising modulation techniques. An analogue single is multiplied by a high-frequency carrier signal during modulation, which facilitates the signal's transmission across a greater distance. The carrier signal and the analogue signal are separated to convey the original message to the receiver after the signal investigates the demodulator through the transmitting channel.
In order to evaluate this Engineering essay on analogue vs. digital communication more effectively, it is time to comprehend digital communication. Digital signals are used to carry out digital communication. Any signal that contains data in a discrete and non-continuous form is referred to as a digital signal. In a digital signal, a message's values are allocated independently of its preceding values. They can be transferred across greater distances and are indicated by square waves. Additionally, digital signals are less likely to transmit with noise distortions (Channi, 2016).
An analogue signal is converted into a digital signal made up of 0s and 1s by sampling the analogue signal and encrypting it. After the analogue signal has been quantized and sampled, it is modulated using methods used for digital signals before being delivered across the channel. Once the signal has arrived at its intended location, it is demodulated and recoded into a format that the recipient can comprehend.
Pulse code modulation and delta modulation are the methods used to modulate digital signals (Sarade, 2017). The non-continuous coded pulse train made up of 0s and 1s is created from the analogue signals. It is referred to as PCM, or pulse code modulation. Repeaters are also necessary for digital communications since they strengthen the signal and extend its range. Repeaters don't just amp up the transmissions; they help reduce the noise the signal is subjected to on the channels.
Digital signals can be transmitted more easily and across greater distances. They also exhibit far less noise distortion. Due to a digital signal's non-continuous nature, the few noise distortions they encounter do not impair the signal's quality. In a digital communication system, this makes isolating and retrieving the original message simpler (Qasim, Meziane, & R.Aspin, 2018).
Digital signals move in a bit stream, which enables packetization of the signal and fast data transmission. Digital communication uses modulation and demodulation techniques to enable transmission that is more dependable and efficient.
Comparison in Analog vs Digital Communication
In this analogue vs. digital communication essay, let's avoid focusing on the key distinctions for several factors, such as cost, adaptability, efficiency, the amount of power needed, etc.
1. Equipment Cost: Because digital communication entails transforming an analogue signal into a digital signal, the process is more difficult than with analogue transmissions. It changes the kind of specific tools and equipment that are needed. As a result, digital communication is substantially more expensive overall than analogue communication.
2. Bandwidth: Both analogue and digital signals depend heavily on bandwidth for successful communication. Because their transmission range is smaller than that of digital communication, analogue signals use far less bandwidth than digital ones.
3. Synchronization Capabilities: Analog communication cannot be synchronised, however digital communication can. The efficiency of transmission is increased through synchronisation.
4. Power Required: Digital communication equipment is more expensive and complex, while analogue systems need considerably more power than digital communication systems because analogue signals have a smaller bandwidth requirement.
5. Efficiency: Analog communication technologies are less efficient than digital signals because they are more susceptible to significant observational mistakes owing to parallax and approximation. Digital signals are substantially less likely than analogue signals to be distorted by noise, which can lower the quality of the original signal. Analog transmissions are also more susceptible to noise distortions. As a result, analogue communication systems are less effective than digital ones.
6. Fidelity: A communication system's fidelity is its capacity to maintain the authenticity of the original message. Digital communication methods are more successful at maintaining the output's consistency with the message that was intended from the source during transmission.
7. Hardware Flexibility: The tools and equipment used for analogue communication are fairly hefty and larger in size, which is a significant difference between analogue and digital communication. In contrast, digital communication uses significantly smaller, lighter technology. As a result, digital communication provides greater hardware flexibility and configuration mobility.
8. Transmission: Analog signals are transmitted continuously and as waves that don't stop, but digital signals are delivered as non-continuous packets of binary data that are considerably simpler to understand. Additionally, analogue signals have a shorter transmission range than digital signals.
Pros and Cons of Analog Communication Systems
In this analogue vs. digital communication essay, there are several benefits and drawbacks that need to be considered in order to fully comprehend each side. Let's first examine the different benefits and drawbacks that analogue transmission offers:
1. Less bandwidth is required for analogue communication systems.
2. They transmit messages from source to recipient with the greatest degree of accuracy.
3. They provide a higher sound quality and are extensively used in analogue phones.
4. Compared to digital systems, they are more easier to set up.
5. Analog systems outperform digital systems by a wide margin due to the absence of quantization noise and aliasing distortions.
1. It is unable to broadcast over greater distances.
2. There could be channel noise.
3. The signal's continuity needs to be preserved
4. Digital systems cannot be added to its equipment.
5. Uses more energy
Pros and Cons of Digital Communication System
Digital systems are the opposing argument in this analogue vs. digital communication essay. The following are the main benefits and drawbacks of digital communication systems:
1. They can transport data over greater distances, which is a plus.
2. They are reasonably simple to process.
3. The apparatus is adaptable.
4. It is extensively used and suitable for the majority of modern devices.
5. The channel multiplexing approach enables the flow of data in several formats over the same channel.
6. Considerably reduced noise distortions
7. Integrated networks are used by digital communication systems, which increases efficiency.
1. It makes sampling and quantization problems more likely.
2. They need a lot more bandwidth to function.
3. To identify digital signals, the communication systems must be synced.
4. It costs more than analogue systems do.
What are some Analogue vs. Digital Communication Systems applications?
Both analogue and digital communication have a wide range of uses that have aided human development in a number of areas (Gupta, 2018). The areas in which the technologies are currently used are covered in the next section of this analogue vs. digital communication essay.
Analog Communication Systems
The use of analogue communications is still very much in demand, and they are crucial to our daily life. The main drawback of analogue systems, which is a limited range, can be overcome by using modulation techniques, specifically AM, PM, and FM (Mohammed & Abdullah, 2019). This provides numerous applications for analogue systems, which are frequently used. The following are some uses for analogue communication systems:
1. Audio transmission in the AM and FM bands at medium radio frequencies
2. Due to the crystal-clear speech quality of analogue systems, numerous telephone service providers continue to employ them.
3. Although many video television services still operate on analogue signals, the digital platform has gained significant traction in recent years.
4. To track the point of signal transmission, many navigation systems use analogue communication methods.
5. Analog communication technologies are still in use and capable of providing emergency services.
Digital communication Systems
Digital communication technologies are now widely used and have been incorporated into the global communication infrastructure. It is mostly due to the versatility and range it provides. There are several uses for digital communication systems, which provide better and more efficient data transmission (R.C.Dorf, et al., 2017). Here are a few examples of typical uses for digital communication systems:
1. Due to its discreteness, it is used in missile guiding systems and other military applications.
2. Digital data compressions are employed for transmission at high speeds via digital communication systems.
3. Because it transfers data in encrypted formats, it is frequently utilised in audio and voice processing.
4. Both texting and calling employ digital communication.
5. Due to its wide range and low noise distortions, digital signals are used by space research groups for all communication.
6. Digital signals are transmitted to operate the Internet. Digital communication is helpful for all of that, from doctors to banking to social media.
The development of modern civilisation has had a significant impact on analogue communication. It has helped the development of numerous other technological innovations. One such technological advancement made feasible by analogue communication methods is digital communication. In this analogue vs. digital communication essay, we examined the fundamental definition, significant distinctions, and uses of analogue and digital communication. Due to its benefits, digital communication is sweeping the globe and has created a wealth of new study opportunities. Although analogue communication still has numerous advantages that are unmatched and will make it important even in 2020, digital communication is unquestionably the next stage in global technical growth.
Bhagyaveni, M., Vishvaksenan, S., & Kalidoss, R. (2016). Analog and digital communication basics (Vol. 46). publisher, River.
H. Channi (2016). A Study Comparing Different Digital Modulation Techniques. Journal of IT and Engineering International, 4 (03).
S. Gupta (2018). textbook on the uses of optical fibre connection. PHI Learning Private Limited.
M. Matin (2018). Digital modulation systems, AM, and angle modulation. Electrical Engineers' Communication Systems, 43–69.
Abdullah, H., and Mohammed, R. (2019). use of FPGA to implement digital and analogue modulation systems. 18(1), 485-493, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
A. Qasim, F. Meziane, and R. Aspin (2018). Application of digital watermarking in building user confidence in state-of-the-art medical imaging workflow reviews. 27, 45-60 of the Computer Science Review.
Whitaker, J., Roden, M., Salek, S., R.C. Dorf, Z.Wan, et al (2017). Demodulation and Modulation optical communication technology and broadcasting.
S. Sarade (2017). employing a microcontroller and the adaptive differential pulse code modulation (ADPCM) technology to compress speech 2(3), 1–9, Journal of Electronics and Communication Systems.
Veretekhina, V., Kashirin, S., Kotenev, V., Shmakova, E., A.A. Soldatov, and Medvedeva, A. (2018). processing and digitization of analogue sound signals 39.
Download Samples PDF
- ITC561 Business Requirements Report Case Study
- Customer Experience Strategy Assignment
- ITECH7407 Real Time Analytics Assignment
- ENEM28003 Fluid Power Engineering Control Assignment
- HI6028 Taxation Theory Practice and Law Assignment
- TACC602 Accounting for Business Assignment
- Essay on Low Minimum Wage Assignment
- COIT11226 System Analysis Assignment
- DBFN212 Database Fundamentals Assignment
- CAM529 Introduction To Public Health Assignment
- Agile Project Management Assignment
- LML6003 Migration Law Assignment
- PRJ5108 Project Delivery and Procurement Assignment
- STAT6200 Statistics for Public Health
- PUBHLTH7113 Environmental and Occupation Health Assignment
- HI5016 International Trade and Enterprise Assignment
- BS7993 Fundamentals of Project Management Assignment
- LAW5398 Construction Law Assignment
- BIS2005 Enterprise Architecture Assignment
- MBA601 Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship Report
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing