MKG102 Consumer Behaviour Assignment Sample
Length - 2500 words (+/- 10%)
Students are required to keep a reflective diary of selected consumer activities ideally from Module 1 of semester. This can take the form of field notes on a word/text document, notes on your mobile phone or even audio recordings. During this time, you are to log and detail the process behind purchasing three (3)medium to high involvement items. These items may be irregular purchases and involve complex buyer behaviour.
Regular purchases of food, drinks, or other habitual low involvement day-to-day consumption products are excluded from the log. These field notes /recordings will then be used as the basis of compiling the report.
Part 1 – Applying the Consumer Decision Making Process Analyse each of your purchases using the consumer decision-making process model presented in Module 1, topic
2. You should use a sequential flow of information for each purchase.
1. Need Recognition
2. Information search
3. Evaluation of alternatives
5. Post-purchase behaviour
You should in-text reference to key theories and terms associated with the model covered in the essential readings for Module 1, topic 2 as you summarise each stage for each purchase.
Part 2: Reflection and Analysis of internal and external influences
In this section try and provide a rationale to your behaviour and consumption experience using relevant consumer behaviour terminology.
What were the key internal influences at play in your decision-making process for each product. Apply relevant consumer behaviour theories in topics such as: Motivation, Personality, Learning, Perception, and Attitude topics.
What were the relevant external influences that may have affected your decision? Apply relevant consumer behaviour theories in topics such as: Diffusion of innovation, Social and Cultural influences.
It is critical in answering Part 1 and 2 that you apply relevant consumer behaviour theory in your assignment and in-text reference to this. You should be drawing on your essential readings in this subject to write the report. You can either analyse each purchase individually or you could compare or contrast each purchase as you develop the report.
If you need clarification on any of the above please speak to your learning facilitator.
Due to its prominent role in influencing consumers' buying decisions, consumer behavior is fundamental to marketing. As a result of starting the decision-making process, consumers move through various stages before deciding to buy anything. The decision-making process is different for multiple purchases. This research compared three different purchases to get its comparison. The first section of the study details three purchasing experiences, and the second section presents theories that have been applied to these three buying experiences. Theories correctly and effectively describe the decision-making process underlying these purchases, and I have gained a fresh understanding of this process. Theories and actions are related, and the investigation in this work has demonstrated this relationship. The complexity of consumer behavior necessitates a thorough investigation, which is what this research has done in great detail for best assignment help.
Part one- Consumer Decision-Making Process
I'd like to share how I chose three of my most recent purchases in the first section. The first is ordering my favorite Laptop from an international retailer online. The purchase of a manual treadmill is the second purchase (Mishra, Singh and Koles, 2021). The third item is the smartphone I bought for my brother. From the viewpoint of the consumer decision-making process model, which is in the following, I would examine these three purchases.
Buying the Laptop on an Online Marketplace:
Purchasing laptop from an online marketplace that was shipped from abroad was a pleasant experience. The need recognition process began when I realized that my current laptop was not working as well as it used to. It was taking longer to start up, the battery life was shorter, and it was overall slower. I decided that I needed a new laptop and started doing research on which one to buy.
Buying A Manual Treadmill:
It was a demanding difficult decision to get a treadmill. I want a treadmill that is affordable and simple to use. The solution was the manual treadmill. It was purchased from a local store that sold fitness equipment. Despite the fact Even though time buying it, I am pleased with the purchase and feel successful after making it.
Because I become confused, I might not make the best gifting choices. I was requested to buy a Smartphone for my brother. When I visited the Mobile store, I couldn't help but consider which Smartphone would be best for my brother. I wasn't close to my brother. So, in order to select, I must rely on the shopkeeper's guidance.
To learn more about the products that are offered, I must conduct a pre-purchase search. Despite doing research at nearby shopping centers, I came to the realization that I couldn't buy the items I wanted. I was immediately bombarded with internet store marketing on my social media profiles. I initially disregarded them, but after clicking on one of the adverts, I was presented with a variety of possibilities for the laptop I wanted.
Manual Treadmill Purchasing:
I had always wanted to get an electric treadmill; buying the manual treadmill wasn't on my list of priorities. The local gym has an electric treadmill that I've been utilizing. But I soon discovered how pricey an electric treadmill was. Additionally, I was aware that running, whether it be on a manual or electric treadmill or when stationary, always has a predictable outcome. I am hence drawn to this buy.
Due to my lack of knowledge of the right Smartphone, I had to examine numerous internal and external sources before making the purchase. I was forced to use online resources, consult my acquaintances, listen in on Smartphone being used by neighbors, and go window shopping at other shops. I was able to decide with confidence to buy my brother the desired Smartphone thanks to this pre-purchase investigation.
Evaluation of alternatives
There were many other options than buying the laptop, so I couldn't claim with certainty that that was my sole choice. I evaluated the alternatives by looking at the specs of the laptops and comparing them to my needs. I also considered the price of the laptops and whether or not I could afford them. I decided on a laptop that had good reviews, was within my budget, and had the specs that I was looking for.
Manual Treadmill Purchasing:
There were many treadmill alternatives because everyone who wanted a treadmill chose an electric one. I made the choice to purchase a cheap item that might offer me the best value. Therefore, I did not take pricey goods and extra features into account when making my purchase. I merely wanted to jog in my room to force myself to pay attention to my physical health. Therefore, the highest evaluating standards for this buy were price and maximum value.
I was intending to fulfill my brother's wish by buying him a Smartphone, which had certain special evaluation requirements. I was misinformed about the kind of Smartphone that would best suit his requirements. I didn't watch any low-quality Smartphone on my own. I decided on Smartphone to compare brands that were well-liked by Smartphone buyers. I came to the conclusion that I needed to buy a high-quality Smartphone as a result. Low quality and cost considerations were excluded from the selection criterion.
The purchasing decision was the most crucial one during the decision-making process. The selection of each product for purchase is covered in the ensuing topics.
Finally, I made a purchase of the laptop and received them via cash on delivery. In comparison to the real market, the atmosphere in the internet marketplace was very different. There were several options that suited my tastes, and at first, I struggled to pick the one I wanted. The choice of laptop was also influenced by the social setting. because some of my friends' products also served as inspiration for me. I was not influenced by outside forces when I made the decision to buy the laptop because I found the online market to be rather appealing.
While making the manual treadmill purchase, I was aware of the influence of my physical and social environment. I assessed the store where I made my purchase. I looked at the things there and realized I had to pick the one that was right for me. External forces were in play at the point of purchase because I visited more than one store to make the transaction.
I was strongly influenced by outside forces when I bought the Smartphone. It was a result of my diminished desire for Smartphone. I sought a product that would be particularly appealing to my brother. I had to exercise caution for this reason. Additionally, because I was having trouble selecting one, I became perplexed by the abundance of Smartphone that were offered in various stores. So, in making this purchase, I was greatly impacted by my immediate physical, social, and temporal environment.
After purchasing the laptop, post-purchase behavior was relaxed and fulfilling. I'm happy to have found my ideal Laptop at a reasonable price. I looked at a lot of choices before deciding on one I did not have post-purchase cognitive dissonance as a result. I'm going to buy something else from the online store's electronic section as a result. I was given the opportunity to voice my opinion about the product by the firm and the internet marketplace when they offered for me to review it. I rated fit five stars and gave the product a great review. It indicates that I am happy with the purchase.
Manual Treadmill Purchasing:
Experience with the manual treadmill is now in the trial phase following purchase. I believe that before I can review the product with assurance, I need to wait a while. Although the manual treadmill accomplishes its goal, I worry it would not have done so in this case. It's because I had no choice but to accept the product if it didn't meet my criteria for quality. I feel a little uneasy about the company's after-sale service is lacking. I don't experience post-purchase cognitive dissonance because the product is wonderful. The product is performing nicely all around.
The purchasing of the Smartphone has shown to be a top-notch item. My brother has been enjoying himself while using his Smartphone for a few days. I could exchange it if it breaks due to a manufacturing defect, the merchant informed me about the warranty. It doesn't seem likely to me that it would. I am committed to the brand as a result.
Part 2: Reflection and Analysis of internal and external influences
The purchasing of Smartphone, manual treadmills, and Laptop has a particular impact on consumer behaviour theories. Motivational theories aid in comprehending the buying patterns of each of these consumers.
Since Freudian motivation theory addresses unconscious psychological factors, it is useful in this context (Rothstein, 2018). Although conscious wants are obvious and clear, it is not true that consumers are also aware of unconscious needs. I believe that the primary driving force behind the decision to purchase these three things was an unconscious need. Unconscious needs that drove the buying of the Laptop included the need for a product that is extremely well-suited to my work. According to the theory's ego tenet, ideas, memories, and feelings are all a part of the conscious mind (Eagle, 2021). The id is the part of me that has existed since birth. I think the superego's role as a regulating force was quite important in this transaction. Similar to how my unconscious and conscious minds came together to decide to buy a manual treadmill once I fulfilled my ambition to be physically fit. These intentional and unintentional considerations also drove me to buy a Smartphone because I wished to have something appropriate for my brother.
The Freudian motivation theory is difficult since it does not directly relate to theories of consumer behaviour. Instead, it is a hypothesis on how to read both the conscious and the unconscious mind. The idea of reasoned action is another method that can be used to research the perception, education, attitudes, and personality traits of customers. This notion contends that the action of a consumer is particular. Additionally, consumer behaviour also has a specific goal in mind. The consumer has the option to modify his choice after making it.
All three buying decisions fit the idea exactly. My inability to make a rational decision led to my perplexity when I purchased a Smartphone. I wanted d to achieve my goals, and I could only do that if my brother approved of the final product. Second, the notion also holds true when buying. Because I wished to attain the desired and anticipated results, I took reasoned action and chose the internet marketplace. In the adjacent shops, I couldn't find the trousers I was looking for. I switched to online shopping because of this. Third, the notion is applicable to buying a manual treadmill, which is why I went with one since it can help me get fit. The Hawkins-Stern impulse buying theory is valid and applicable, specifically to my decision to buy the Laptop online (Salva, 2022). The idea classifies impulse purchases into four categories: pure impulse purchases, reminded impulse purchases, recommended impulse purchases, and planned impulse decisions. I believe that buying a Laptop falls under the category of planned impulse buying, whereas buying a manual treadmill falls under suggested impulsive buying due to its feature similarity to an electronic treadmill.
The outer layer of the force is made up of social and cultural factors. In each of the purchases, they have had a part to play. The purchasing of Laptop did not have a significant social or cultural impact. Although I was inspired to use such light Laptop, most people don't use Laptop in social situations. It was primarily a part of my aim, and I succeeded in achieving my goals in accordance with the principle of planned activities. I may decide on the preferred alternative and buy the desired pair of Laptop. However, society's and culture's effects are not insignificant because they must have molded my intentions.
On the other hand, society and culture have a significant impact on the decision to buy a manual treadmill (Sreen, Purbey, & Sadarangani, 2018). In the past, I would concentrate on jogging and ignore the treadmill. But it was the effect of social and outside circumstances that led me to make this decision and purchase. This purchase has also been explained using the planned action theory. I went to compare several treadmill types after making the decision based on my purpose. I first intended to get an electronic treadmill, but I ultimately decided on a manual treadmill (Garg et al., 2021). It was due to the product's straightforward features and attention to the price. This purchasing of a purchased mill is consistent with the planned behavior. External factors had a big impact on the decision to buy a Smartphone, to be honest. I had to rely on the opinions and experiences of various individuals because I didn't have any clear ambitions toward a Smartphone. Toward offered their ideas, and I took the shopkeeper's counsel as well. I bought it as a result, and I was perplexed until my brother approved of the item.
This report concludes that due to internal and external effects on the decision-making process for purchases, consumer behavior is exceedingly complex. Everyday purchases are made by everyone, and some of them are specific kinds. It is valuable to examine the purchase process from both a theoretical and practical viewpoint. I've discussed my experience buying three purchases ranging in price from moderate to high for this reason. I then applied several theories to these shopping encounters. I've come to understand that internal and external forces commonly play a role in the decision-making process. However, mental or psychological forces play a greater role than any other effect. As a result, the psychological and internal underpinnings of the process are where consumer behavior begins. behavior exterior influences shape internal influences, and internal influences influence external influences. Consumer behavior has been explained by a variety of theories, but in my situation, information collecting played several different roles. This is the main reason why I take my time gathering information on the things I wish to buy.
Download Samples PDF
- HEAPH6007 Public Health Ethics Assignment
- PRJ5105 Project Integration and Change Management Assignment
- CLWM4000 Business and Corporations Law Assignment
- BUACC5930 Accounting and Finance Assignment
- MBA5007 Managing Strategy and Innovation Assignment
- MBA613 Organisational Change and Innovation Case Study
- Globalizations Effect on Central Asian Countries Socioeconomic and Political Development
- BMP4005 Information Systems and Big Data Analysis Assignment
- ACCT6007 Financial Accounting Theory and Practice Research Report
- NURBN1015 Introduction to Evidence Based Practice and Research Assignment
- MAN6925 Project Management Report
- U24035 Customer Relationship Management Assignment
- MCR008A Corporate Strategy Assignment
- NSG3101 Rehabilitation and Community Cares Assignment
- BUSM4738 Strategy Assignment
- PMN610 Project Management Principles Assignment
- PHCA9521 Global Health and Development Assignment
- LAW1121 English Law and Legal Method Assignment
- PUBH6002 Global and Environmental Health Issue Assignment
- MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design Case Study 2
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing