BMP4005 Information Systems and Big Data Analysis Assignment Sample
In business, good decision-making requires the effective use of information. You are hired by an organisation to examine how information systems support management decisions at different levels within organisations. You are also assigned to investigate the methods and techniques which relate to the design and development of IT solutions. Your research has been divided into different tasks. The findings from Tasks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 can be submitted in a portfolio format.
Task 1: Theories, methods and techniques which relate to the design and development for TWO of the IT solutions listed here: (i) McAfee; (ii) Moodle; (iii) Canvas; (iv) MS Office
Task 2: Explanation of the systems below with relevant examples
Task 3: Globalisation and the effects of IT on globalisation
Task 4: Definition, example, advantages and disadvantages of digital infrastructure
Task 5: Risks associated with information systems outsourcing and why is IT infrastructure so critical to digital transformation!
In this assignment, decision making procedures and effectiveness in information system execution and management. It includes different tools and models that are associated with different IT solutions or information system technology. It explains globalization and impact of IT in the development of the issue. Overall, different case studies or examples are evaluated to assess the impact into the organizational scenario. Moreover, this leads to better understanding and organizational infrastructure development.
This will lead the organizational stakeholders to better management system and organizational culture. On the other hand, risk assessment and other associated operations will help in better management planning and implementation for assignment help.
IT Solutions and Related Theories, Methods and Techniques
IT solutions are basically information system technologies or software that can be implemented effectively into different organizational requirements. This includes management systems, operational systems, etc. In this section of the assignment two IT solution software are considered to analyse. It consists different theories, methods and techniques that are associated with the project. The considered IT solutions are McAfee and Moodle.
McAfee is a cloud computing technology-based company that develops antiviruses as their major business model. Moreover, the McAfee solution services can develop appropriate and effective antivirus encryption throughout the whole system lifecycle.
5 steps problem solving methodology will be most applicable and effective model of analysis for this IT solution implementation. The developer requires problem solving approach towards the system lifecycle and development. The system and the developer must identify particular areas that can be affected by cyber-attacks. This will also help in better decision making and strategic planning.
It includes five steps, where in the first phase, whole system is evaluated to define and list the problems. Then the business impact and effectiveness of the strategies will be assessed. It will lead to appropriate decision solution. The developers and project manager will be responsible for developing implementation strategy and procedure planning. This will be followed specifically for effective results. Finally, the results will be reviewed or the system will be tested in terms of effectiveness.
Image 1: 5 Steps Problem Solving Methodology
(Source: Humorthatworks, 2020)
Moodle is a free learning IT solution or platform that operates learning management system with different courses, assignments, etc. An individual can create whole learning management structure to organize and implement learning modules and other resources. The tutor will also be able to observe student activities and progress accordingly. However, the system is effective and applicable in recent learning requirements.
Moodle is also associated with different framework or analysis model, that are beneficial in organizational operations and management. The business already includes a huge number of consumers and stakeholders. In that case business decisions become more significant and critical in nature. The most appropriate and effective theory, associated with Moodle will be rational decision-making model.
This is a visually structured model of project and business planning. It distributes the whole decision-making procedures into phases that can derive the most effective decision. It improves the implementation strategy and overall procedure. The process also shows different constraints and external project aspects. This will lead to better management and development.
Image 2: Rational Decision-Making Process
(Source: Biznewske, 2020)
Organizations use different information systems to operate business operations and management. In this section of the assignment , some of the systems are explained in terms of functionality and organizational uses. It shows appropriate application and impact in management and overall development.
Decision Support System (DSS)
Decision support system or DSS is an information system that provides determinations judgement and appropriate plan of action for a particular business project development (Fanti et al., 2015). It organizes and analyses a huge amount of system data and implementation strategy. There are majorly 5 types of decision support system (DSS) such as,
• Communication-driven DSS
• Data-driven DSS
• Document-driven DSS
• Knowledge-driven DSS
• Model-driven DSS
They are categorized in terms of application in different organizational requirements.
Image 3: Decision-Making Process within DSS
(Source: Indiafreenotes, 2020)
This will improve the decision-making procedures and effective implementation. Moreover, the process will develop efficient organizational culture such as flexibility.
Executive Support System (ESS)
Executive support systems are developed for the managers and higher authorities of the business that will help them to access and implement different business data. It includes both internal and external information such as management strategy.
Image 4: Executive Support Systems
(Source: Bolouereifidi, 2015)
Executive support systems provide effective IT solution for moderating all system data that can impact the whole business. It also includes the benefit of better data analysis and business management process.
Transaction Processing System (TPS)
Transaction processing system is an information system that provides the facility of collecting, evaluating and retrieving the data transactions into the business. It includes effective system response time while transaction and overall data management system as well.
Image 5: Transaction Processing System Benefits
(Source: Chegg, 2022)
The system has different business impacts such as better data integrity, performance, response time, etc. This can clearly establish the positive impact in business management and performance as well.
Management Information System (MIS)
Management information system presents the software that can operate, and manage all the business operation and management. It includes all the system stakeholders, supply chain and other functionalities. System database will store and manage all the data from the system operations and analysis.
Image 6: Management Information System Structure
(Source: Toppr, 2020)
Management information system improves management system and effectiveness into the business. Moreover, it improves different organizational cultures such as better communication and resource management.
Knowledge Management System (KMS)
Knowledge management system is also another type of information system or software that implements knowledge management principles into the organizational culture overall business procedure.
Image 7: Knowledge Management System
(Source: Kpsol, 2022)
Knowledge management system improves stakeholders’ engagement and communication. it helps the stakeholders to collect and evaluate essential business data quickly.
Globalization is the procedure that explains trade and other exchange between different locations or nations around the world. It can establish the modern connectivity and relevant impact of communication systems.
It presents global trade and exchange around the world. It has different types and specification such as economic globalization, political globalization and cultural globalization. All of them present different globalization sectors around the world. Different internal and external business components effect this system or procedure, such as information technology.
Effects of IT in Globalization
Information technology has created new scopes and opportunities in communication systems and management. It has already created effortless system of exchanging data or information around the world. Information holds the most essential role in current business requirements or scenarios.
Information technology also improves productivity levels of the stakeholders into the organization. It implements advanced and emerging economies. Technology is the system that can reduce man power requirement and other resource supply as well. In that way, the organizational system and management become more effective and accurate.
Businesses have faced effective opportunity of reaching limitless audiences and consumers. the market reach is increased along with effective communication and marketing strategies. Visual media and social information networks have developed the system scopes of effective business implementation.
Digital infrastructure presents the system or resources connectivity. It includes both physical and virtual resources such as computers, data storge, network, SaaS, etc. this is essential for better and effective business process management. Project manager, finance manager, and other key organizational stakeholders are responsible to develop the digital infrastructure into an organization. Appropriate digital infrastructure will also lead to better market positioning and business growth.
In this section of the assignment, ‘cloud computing’ is considered as an example of digital infrastructure. Appropriate discussion and evaluation of the selected digital infrastructure will lead to better business procedure implementation of cloud computing technology to build effective digital infrastructure.
Cloud computing technology or system presents the digital storage and virtual processing of different organizational operations like information exchange. It includes different web-based services and hosted services. Most of the organizations are also implementing this new technology or system for better business development and management.
Image 8: Cloud Computing
(Source: Baird, 2019)
Cloud computing is an essential digital infrastructure in any organization or business. It shows different advantages and disadvantages in organizational requirements. These are essential to evaluate for better business process management and effective decision making.
Table 1: Cloud Computing Advantages
(Source: Developed by Author)
Organizational disadvantages must be discussed with appropriate evaluation. This will lead to effective business precautions and changes. It requires analytical thinking approach to evaluate these disadvantages. This may cause significant changes in system, requirement planning and designing as well.
Table 2: Cloud Computing Disadvantages
(Source: Developed by Author)
Risks Identification in Information System Outsourcing
Risk Identification is the procedure, where the potential risks are identified in a particular project development or business. In case of an information system development, the project manager is responsible to identify the potential risks into the development procedure and implementation strategy. This eventually leads to effective risk assessment and mitigation planning. This not only improves the project effectiveness but also improves the organizational culture and growth.
In most of the organizations, the information system is being outsourced by the management team. Sometimes, companies appoint and manage technical support team of developers to maintain the information system. In spite of that, it creates different project risks that can impact the overall business and information system development in a negative way. The identified risks in this case are,
• Inexperienced employees
• Data or information leak
• Dependency on the vendor
• Poor system control management
• Poor feedback management
These risks are mostly associated with different system functions and business operations. This is the responsibility of the project manager to evaluate all the identified risks in this particular project. This will eventually lead to an appropriate and effective risk-mitigation plan. This will be implemented by the business management team. Moreover, Different teams are associated with this whole risk identification and assessment process. They include. Data analysis team, database management team, etc.
Why is IT infrastructure so Critical to Digital Transformation?
IT infrastructure presents the overall development and implementation of software technology that can create appropriate IT infrastructure for effective business management procedure. It includes, cloud computing technology, security aspects, different equipment, etc.
On the other hand, digital transformation presents the transformation procedure of current business by adapting digital technology and information system (Ebert, & Duarte, 2018). It includes information management system and many other IT solutions. This is the responsibility of the supervisor to evaluate IT solution implementation into digital transformation.
Digital transformation mostly has different types in terms of transformation element and application such as,
• Process transformation
• Domain transformation
• Business framework transformation (Matt et al., 2015)
• Organizational culture transformation
Image 9: Digital Transformation
(Source: Peranzo, 2021)
IT infrastructure is critical and significant for the digital transformation. Every business requires effective IT infrastructure to implement digital transformation into the existing business structure (Reis et al., 2018). The development of any information management system, requires appropriate infrastructure that includes, efficient systems, development team, system management team, etc. Moreover, it consists different framework or analysis that are associated with the IT solutions, such as visual learning. In that way, IT infrastructure plays a significant role in digital transformation in any business or organization.
An infrastructure not only develops but also maintains a particular system. in this case of IT or information technology, the business also requires some additional features to maintain the implemented IT infrastructure. It includes data analysis team, database management team, technical support team, etc. (Berger, 2015). In this way, the IT solution implementation will be effective in long run. This will impact the digital transformation procedure as well. for example, after the system development, the first responsibility of the project manager will be to develop appropriate system policies (Baiyere et al., 2020). This will impact organizational culture and overall business system management in a positive way. This can clearly establish the significant impact of IT in digital transformation.
In this assignment , IT or information system technology is explained through different system types and organizational implementation. On the other hand, it discusses particular digital infrastructure, cloud computing. It includes advantages and disadvantages that can lead to appropriate evaluation into the organizational process.
The risk assessment and of IT in digital transformation, have established clear idea on information technology and real-life application. This will lead to better risk assessment strategy and impact. The business management will be able to prepare appropriate mitigation plan as well. Finally, the impact of IT or information technology is discussed into the last phase of the report. It has established the effective requirement of IT in digital transformation.
Overall, the assignment concludes, that information technology systems are effective in business management and overall management system improvement. It requires effective management and critical thinking approach to adopt this methodology or system.
Download Samples PDF
- NSG3NCI Chronic Illness Management Plan Assignment
- ITECH7410 Software Engineering Methodologies Assignment
- HBD106 Human Biology and Disease Assignment
- MMW226465 International Management Governance and Sustainability Assignment
- BUS2003 Sustainability and Ethics Assignment
- CGRM4000 Corporate Governance Sustainability and Ethics Assignment
- SYSS202 System Software Assignment
- PBHL20003 Social Epidemiology and Statistics Assignment
- GDECE103 Language and Literacy Assignment
- ECE220 Science and Environmental Awareness for Young Children Assignment
- HLTINF001 Comply With Infection Prevention and Control Assignment
- BULAW5914 Commercial Law Assignment
- MPAA604 Advanced Audit and Assurance
- HVAC System Design Assignment
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in The Workplace Assignment
- Research and Data Modelling Assignment
- MGT502 Business Communication Assignment Report
- STA201 Business Statistics Assignment
- MBA631 Digital Marketing and Communication Assignment
- MITS4004 IT Networking and Communication Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing