MAN605 Financial Analysis and Decision Making Assignment Sample
Word Limit: 1,200 words
Due date: Week 10 Sunday 11:59 pm
Please select one (1) out of the following three (3) organisations to base your report on.
? Delaware North Companies Australia Pty Ltd
? Retail Zoo Holdings Pty Ltd
? Oaks Hotels & Resorts Limited
Your manager has been asked to prepare a report for the Board of Directors on the financial health of the business and needs your help.
Use IBISWorld to locate the company report and conduct research online to understand the company’s:
? Company information – background, vision
? Strategy and direction
? Financial performance based on their ratios
? Performance compared to industry average and competitor performance
You may not have all the information to complete a full analysis so you will need to include in your report any additional information you need and why – your manager is expecting this.
Your manager hopes that your analysis will show that the business is healthy and therefore that she is performing well in her role.
Prepare a report for your manager, in a short report format, that assesses the financial health of the organisation. Your report must include the following:
? your assessment of the financial health of the organisation for at least the past 3 years.
This would include an explanation of the ratios or other data you are using to support your analysis.
? any additional information that you need to complete your analysis.
? an explanation of at least 3 (but not limited to) recommendations that your manager can take to the Board of Directors that are related to the strategic focus of the business.
You may refer to the lecture and tutorial notes and activities to help you organise your analysis.
Getting started: You can also use the following questions to guide your analysis for assignment help -
How has the business performed?
Is the business generating a satisfactory return?
Are debts being collected? How long does it take?
Is the inventory turning over efficiently? Are inventory holdings increasing or decreasing?
What are the implications for cash flow?
Are the assets working hard?
Can the business pay its bills?
Are they collecting their debtors efficiently?
Do they have a lot of creditors?
What are the inventory holdings?
Can the business repay its long term loans?
Can the business pay its interest?
What is the balance of equity to debt?
Other suggested areas to research include: current interest rates, supply and demand, market trends. You can even complete a short PESTLE analysis however it is not required for this assessment.
This report shall discuss the essential aspects relevant for the financial analysis and decision-making skills on a long-term prospect. In order to evaluate the financial analysis and decision making, the company selected is Delaware North Companies Pty Ltd. (DNCPL), while a detailed discussion on company background, vision and information shall also be discussed. Analysis and calculation of financial ratios shall also be conducted in this report to outline the stability of the company’s performance as compared to industry benchmarks and competitors’ performance.
2: Company Background, Vision and Information
DNCPL is considered to be a strong industry player who is engaged in the retail and hospitality sector over a span of three decades. The background is further energised by strong financial performances, where the company was able to generate revenues worth $281,986,000 (my-ibisworld-com, 2022). The vision and information statement of the company further suggests a steep inclination to keep progressing and growing in the field of hospitality services.
3: Strategy and Direction
The major strategies and direction of the company are considered to be mostly based with meeting financial and nonfinancial objectives. Hence, a cohesive direction is being employed by the concerned loggerhead of the company to ensure through meeting of goals and objectives prescribed by the company. As per explanations and illustrations of Xu, Sheng & Tian (2020), a unified direction is needed to be emphasised where teamwork and proper management should be initiated for ensuring financial and nonfinancial growth of an organisation.
4: Financial Performance
4.1: Calculation of Ratios
The calculation of ratios for DNCPL shall be substantiated by considering the relevant figures during 2020, 2019 and 2018 respectively.
4.1.1: “Profitability Ratios”
Table 1: Profitability Ratios
4.1.2: “Liquidity Ratios”
Table 2: Liquidity Ratios
The above table of liquidity ratios further suggests marginal improvement in current and quick ratios in 2020 as compared to 2019. The overall growth in 2020 as compared to 2019 is considered to be 0.09.
4.1.3: “Solvency Ratios”
Table 3: Solvency Ratios
The above table of solvency ratios further reads to better performance in 2020 as compared to 2019 and 2018.
4.1.4: Efficiency Ratios
Table 4: Efficiency Ratios
As per the above table of efficiency ratios, it can be ascertained that the ratio metrics has decreased substantially in 2020 as compared to 2019 and 2018.
5: Analysis of Performance
The profitability ratios suggest that a marginal increase in performance is being witnessed in 2020 as compared to 2019. The business performance in 2020 is considered to be adversely positioned owing to net loss of $ -968.00.
Yes, the business has generated a sufficient return for the years. Based on the estimation, it has shows a growth in 2020 return value. Hence, it can be determined that the company is failing to generate a satisfactory return [Refer Table 1].
The debtors and inventory turnover ratios are valued as 27.58 and 9.30, thereby depicting decent readings for debt collection and low reading for inventory holding. Thus, debt collection is facilitated after a span of nearly 13 days, while inventory is being held for approximately 40-41 days.
The inventory turnover value is mainly suggested as 9.30 times for the firm. Inventory is turning over efficiently as it is matched the aggregate value. Furthermore, it has found turnover value was increased from 2018 to 2019. It has dropped 2020 that has indicated as 9.30 as per the value.
Therefore, it can be ascertained that inventory holding is decreasing in 2020, while cash flow implications suggest adverse readings of 9.30 times in 2020 as compared to 11.41 times in 2019.
It can be considered that assets are not working as per their achievable capacity. The asset turnover ratio is mainly suggested a value of 0.78 that has evaluated a lower utilisation of asset. It is required to increase the asset value based on the liability provided. [Refer Table 4].
The liquidity analysis suggests that the company does not possess relevant financial credentials to pay bills, while debts are being collected in an inefficient manner. The identification of 0.34 is lower than ideal value that suggested a lower ability to pay its bills.
The identification of debtors, it has found that DNCPL is collecting its debt random that has increased the liability value. It has effected on total value of liquidity.
However, the creditor valuation is considerably lower in 2020 along with inventory holding valuations. Limited holding og creditor has been indentified in this case.
As per illustrations and explanations of Plesca (2018), the stipulated industry benchmark of current and quick ratios is considered to be 2:1 and 1:1 respectively [Refer Table 2].
As per the solvency ratios, it can be ascertained that DNCPL has the ability to repay its long-term loans owing to lower proportion of debt as compared to equity, which determines a balance of 0.86:1 as the ratio.
The interest coverage ratio, however is deemed to be negatively positioned owing to lesser operating profit and higher interest expenses in 2020
The calculations indicates that the balance of equity to debt 0.86 in 2020. Previous year, the balance has indicated as 1.27 in 2019 that was lower in 2018 (i.e. 0.32).
[Refer Table 3].
6: Conclusion and Recommendations
This report has discussed the important aspects of the financial reporting and decision making with respect to the selected company DNCPL, where the ratio metrics are considered to be adversely positioned in comparison to industry benchmarks and its competitor. The vision and mission strategy of the company is considered to ensure harmonious progression of business across Australia and overseas countries including New Zealand.
In order to excel with regards to financial credibility and stability following recommendations are being proposed.
• It is recommended to ensure optimisation of financial and non-financial resources.
• It is recommended to identify additional sources of revenue generation.
• It is recommended to enable a streamlined organisational structure for ensuring higher profitability prospects.
My-ibisworld-com, 2022, Revenues [online], Retrieved from: https://my-ibisworld-com.ezproxy.angliss.edu.au/au/en/company-reports/5376/company-details [Retrieved on: 07th October, 2022]
Plesca, A., 2018. Temperature distribution of HBC fuses with asymmetric electric current ratios through fuselinks. Energies, 11(8), p.1990. https://doi.org/10.3390/en11081990
Xu, S., Sheng, C., & Tian, C. (2020). Changing soil carbon: influencing factors, sequestration strategy and research direction. Carbon balance and management, 15(1), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13021-020-0137-5
Download Samples PDF
- MIS500 Foundations of Information Systems Case Study
- PROJ6000 Principles of Project Management Assignment
- MBA501 Dynamic Strategy and Disruptive Innovation Assignment
- BS7993 Fundamentals of Project Management Assignment
- MBA632 Knowledge Management Assignment
- Information Security Assignment
- Early Childhood Education Assignment
- HI6026 Audit Assurance and Compliance Assignment
- HEAPH6007 Public Health Ethics Assignment
- MIS602 IT Report
- LAWS20059 Corporation and Business Structures Assignment
- AFE4001 Business Economics Assignment
- MITS4001 Business Information System Assignment
- CAM529 Introduction To Public Health Assignment
- HLTENN035 Practice Nursing With The Australian Health Care System Assignment
- ITECH1400 Foundation of Programming Assignment
- The Independent Director and Effective Corporate Governance
- BAS121 A Fundamentals of Marketing Assignment
- MGT605 Business Capstone Project Report 2
- BSBWOR502B Ensure Team Effectiveness Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing