MIS102 Data and Networking Assignment Sample
Length - 1500 words
Create a network disaster recovery plan (portfolio) (1500 words, 10%-or 10%+) along with a full network topology diagram. This portfolio should highlight the competencies you have gained in data and networking.
The aim of this assessment is to demonstrate your proficiency in data and networking. In doing so, you will design a network disaster recovery plan for a company of your choice to demonstrate your proficiency with network design.
1. Create a network disaster recovery plan (portfolio) along with a full network topology diagram for a company. (the choice of a company can be a local or international company)
2. It is recommended that to investigate the same company that was researched in Assignment 1 as this created a complete portrait of the company and becomes an e- portfolio of the work complete.
3. Network disaster recovery plan (portfolio)
Write a network disaster recovery plan using of 1500 words, (10%-or 10%+) The Portfolio must include the following:
An introductory section that highlights the importance of having a recovery plan.
• What steps should the company take if:
1. There is a sudden internet outage.
2. A malware (e.g. a virus) has infected the computers in the company network.
3. There is no local area network for the entire company Is there a way to diagnose if this is a hardware failure. What communication protocol stack might be affected.
4. Only a part of the company loses internet connection.
5. There is a power outage.
6. There is a natural disaster such as an earthquake, tsunami, floods or fire.
7. There is a password security breach.
• Are there precautions and post-planning to ensure that the company will not repeat the same network disaster?
• Anticipate the likely questions about the network design that will be raised by the client (Please note that this may include both technical and non-technical staff of the organization).
4. Network topology diagram
• Create a full network topology diagram, which could ensure the business continuity of the company.
• The diagrams need to be your own work and need to be developed using Visio or Lucid chart or an approved graphic package. (Please seek the approval of the learning facilitator prior to commencing this activity).
• All diagrams need to be labelled and referenced if they are not your own.
• The full network topology will be part of the network disaster recovery plan and should be used to further enhance the understanding of the recovery plan.
Network Disaster Recovery Plan (Portfolio)
The network infrastructure is a very crucial requirement of every business in the market for IT assignment. Many things need to be done for a successful business-like Walmart and different aspects need to be analyzed because network infrastructure is used for communication purposes daily. This study is about the network disaster recovery plan that explains what needs to be done in case any disaster occurs. This study enables us to analyze and evaluate different factors of development for Walmart and prepare an effective plan for the management of numerous activities. Walmart is an American multinational company that deals with retail operations by creating a chain of supermarkets that provide the user with goods and products at a discounted rate and serve them as department stores and grocery stores all over the world.
Network disaster recovery plan
The network disaster recovery plan is used in the market for businesses as a backup plan that can be used for any kind of disaster by recovering the entire network of a company like Walmart. The crucial part of a network disaster recovery plan is identifying the weak links and the loopholes of the network ?generating the list of vulnerabilities to risks ?planning to mitigate these risks using suitable measures and specifying the backup (Froehlich, 2019).
• Aspects of this plan
? In case of any power supply, internet failure, or system failure taking place in Walmart, the company needs to analyze what kind of response is required from the staff. The employees can use different measures in addition to handling offline customers and registering their orders. This company right now has a stable market but in case of such a situation, employees and staff need to corporate. In case of any internet outrage or downtime for a small duration, this might affect Walmart but with a low impact.
At this stage, Walmart can use the direct communication method with the employees to provide them the prior information about the opening and closing of the stores and the change in working culture for a limited period (Finucane et al., 2020).
? In case of any malware or virus affecting the devices such as the computers of Walmart, a complete shutdown takes place and the operations must be blocked. For this, Walmart needs to perform a regular scan of the viruses on their computers using the anti-virus software. They should also ensure that the current system has no malware and that updates need to be performed regularly (Pandey et al., 2018).
? In case of the absence of a local area network for the entire Walmart then there is an interruption in the communication between different devices of the Walmart network. These interruptions may take place due to poor wiring that results in weak signal strength.
? If a single part of a company loses the connections to the other network, transmission and receiving of crucial information get blocked. For such a situation companies like Walmart need to prepare by using a backup plan to protect themselves from cyber-attacks.
? Power Failure is another disaster that can take place in Walmart which brings the entire system down. Customers who are shopping offline need to take some restroom. For digital payments, some extra time needs to be provided and the transaction can take place in cash.
? In case of any natural disaster such as an earthquake, flood or fire take place, it is the crucial responsibility of Walmart to ensure the safety of one and all customers by collecting them to a safe place with the help of local bodies and relief organizations. Some food and water must be provided along with the use of anti-measures such as fire extinguishers in case of emergency.
? In case of a password security breach, the issue needs to be reported to the higher authorities as soon as possible. This might lead to the stealing of crucial and sensitive information such as customers' email addresses and payment information of debit cards or credit cards to perform fraud and ransom. This can be eliminated in avoiding by using strong passwords and using software such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems to minimize the impact on the business (Dhirani, Armstrong & Newe, 2021).
• Precautions and preventive measures
The Walmart Company has a very clear vision to provide the department item and grocery items to the customers with an extensive menu of a wide range of goods and product. The key feature of Walmart are quality products, timely delivery, healthy and fresh products, and ease in ordering and delivering items to the doorstep its chain of supermarkets are easily available in every locality. The first parameter required by Walmart firm is the internet connection which has proper bandwidth and low delay time. This is because communication is a very crucial part of any business and it needs to be analyzed carefully in the case of Walmart to record and implement the customer feedback to improve the quality of the service delivered. With the help of an effective communication technique, the negative feedback environment of the customers can be converted to positive critics (Network Disaster Recovery Plan, 2022).
The second is to use the outpouring protectors and the incessant service of power supply along with the availability of power backup to the hardware because this can save the time consumption of Walmart and protect the data by eliminating the vulnerabilities of Cyber thread by safely shutdown the system as well as the server of the Walmart.
The third is the accountability of the staff for the surrounding area and training them with this quality to take care of their task. In case of any employee of Walmart notice anything wrong or suspicious in their surrounding area, they are required to report it to the higher authorities and try to fix it faster. Communication is a critical process that needs to be implemented with the team members to understand the needs of the customers can be enhanced for a better future (Ghasempour, 2019).
The issues in the Wi-Fi internet connectivity is might be a problematic subject but such issues as low speed, poor quality, and frequent disconnections might fail Walmart to serve its customers. This requires a good and stable connection to the internet with the integration of hardware and software devices.
In case of any cyber-attack or risk that is a direct challenge to the sensitive data of the company as well as the customers the precautions required are to identify the hacking activity such as Trojan or Malware, with the need for strong network security levels, and a network monitoring tool. In case of any disaster strikes, the team members of the Walmart and customers need to analyze any evacuation plan with the regular drills required to ensure overall safety (Lin, 2019).
• Questionnaires about the network design
1. What will be the cyber threats and risks that might be faced?
Cyber threats are increasing with technological advancements. The probable cyber Threads are fishing Malware and somewhere, as well injection denial of service, a man-in-the-middle attack, butter flow, and password attack using brute force or dictionary method full stop these are the malicious attacks which are deliberately performed to steal data, breach financially sources and identity (Jaramillo, 2018).
2. What is best for me and how will I decide?
For the best network design with effective communication and high load-bearing capacity, it is understanding to evaluate the building infrastructure that provides an idea about the current networking environment. It allows us to connect with potential customers about their requirements and manage the website hosting operation. Now the business is open to search sections and Walmart might find it interesting.
3. What are your thoughts about the wireless technology of internet connection?
This can be a tricky question because the wireless technology of the internet connection is a fast-working operation facility providing methods with less complexity as no cable or wire is required to connect different devices in the network. But the wide connection provides a reliable and stable connection that is more complex but less costly than wireless. Also, the wireless network allows us to work through the obstacles like the wall with good signal strength and quality internet connection.
Network Topology Diagram
Figure 1 Network topology diagram for Walmart firm
Download Samples PDF
- BE553 Principles of International Marketing Assignment
- PBHL20009 Assessment Sample
- CIS7030 Geospatial Analysis Assignment
- Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology Assignment
- ACCT20080 Governance and Ethics Assignment
- LAW1081 The Individual and The State Formative Assignment
- CL4303 Legal Foundation Assignment
- DATA4300 Data Security and Ethics
- CPCCBC4014 Certificate IV in Building and Construction Assignment
- The Field of Nuclear Physics Assignment
- HAS108 Health Assessment
- CPCCBL3005 Lay Masonry Walls and Corners Assignment
- HI5016 International Trade and Enterprise Assignment
- HCT199 Evidencing Learning in Specialist Professional Assignment
- BRH606 Business Research for Hoteliers
- LAW1507 Tort Law Assignment
- CAM529 Introduction To Public Health Assignment
- MKTG10001 Principles of Marketing Assignment
- Environmentally Conscious Building Assignment
- MBA5006 Managing Organisational Behaviour Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing