MGMT20148 Strategic Solutions for Sustainable Organisations Assignment Sample
This is an individual, written assessment, to be completed in professional report format. You are required to write around 3,000 words (+/- 10%), excluding preliminaries, tables, figures, reference list and appendices. The report requires in-text referencing and a full reference list in APA style, with evidence that you have critically read and integrated a minimum of 18 suitable scholarly references.
The purpose of this assessment is to present the final report of the project you proposed in Assessment 2. This report should build on your learning log entries, your proposal submitted for Assessment 2, and the feedback from the tutor/coordinator. In order to successfully complete Assessment 3, you are required to complete the project you have proposed in Assessment 2 and produce a professional report that shows that you have followed through from finding your research questions/objectives, to completing strategic analysis, and ultimately to answering your research questions and developing recommendations that arise from your findings. The report structure will depend upon your chosen project but it will typically include the following:
- Preliminaries: Title page (with a clear project title), executive summary, table of contents
- Introduction, including: Background, problem statement, and research question(s)/objective(s)
- Literature review: Logically structured and critical review of academic, scholarly, peer-reviewed literature
- Methodology, including: Transparent presentation of what professional industry information you have used, how you chose it, and how you analysed it
- Findings from your analysis: This should include the outcomes of any strategic analyses you completed, as well as any other findings you may have uncovered
- Discussion of findings in comparison to your previously reviewed literature
- Conclusion, including: answering your research question(s) AND strategic recommendations
- Reference list
Background of the Study
Sanofi is a pharmaceutical and healthcare behemoth with headquarters in Paris, France. Founded in 1973, this company has since amalgamated with others like Sanofi-Aventis. The corporation has a market revenue of €36.13bn in 2019, according the study. Sanofi has built facilities for producing over-the-counter medications and has participated in the manufacturing of other pharmaceuticals. In an effort to boost productivity, the firm has made health and wellness one of its sustainable development goals (Sanofi, 2022). Goal No. 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals focuses on reducing health problems before they start.
The aim of the study is to analyse and evaluate the impact of Health and Well-being on the performance of Sanofi.
• To analyse the impact of health and well-being on company’s employees and their performance level.
• To introduce a health belief model for company and for pharmaceutical industry for enhancing performance
• To analyse the existing literatures and information concerned to the topic
• To analyze the challenges that the company faces to implement Health and well-being as a sustainable goal
RQ1 – What are the observed impacts of health and welfare on the performance standards of Sanofi?
RQ2 – What is the importance of Health and well being as a sustainable development goal?
RQ3 – What are the challenges that Sanofi faced in implementing the health and welfare in the company?
It is crucial for a people to maintain a healthy life expectancy and improve their standard of living if they want to be viable over the long term. It's important to recognize that Sanofi's emphasis on employee health and wellness contributes to higher productivity and smoother business operations. However, in the present context, greater emphasis is placed on the elimination of a broad range of diseases and the resolution of several health issues.
The purpose of this research for assignment help is to solve the challenge of quantifying the value of employee health and happiness to the business. The issue emerges when health and happiness are pursued as long-term objectives. Difficulty in eradicating and stopping the spread of deadly illnesses is a major issue in the world today. The relevance of employee health and happiness to the long-term success of the business is highlighted, shedding new light on the present predicament.
Overview of the study
The study is focused on the analysing the impact of health and well being in pharmaceutical industry, it is being observed frequently that employees are experiencing burn out very frequently leading to less productivity in work and when it comes to Sanofi which is a pharmaceutical industry, it demands a heavy research and study as well as development. Hence, taking care of the company’s employee which are the key assets, it is essential for developing and implementing new policies for the company to implement in order to ensure a positive and healthy environment leading to a good productivity.
This section will focus on the Literature review section, it is a type of review whose objective is to get familiarise with the existing and current research and discussions on a certain subject or field of study. In this study, the topic of research is Impact of Health and Well-Being in the Performance of Sanofi, hence each of the research paper will be focused on analysing the well being and health policies and other parameter into an organization in pharmaceutical industry (Scribbr 2020).
An in-depth understanding of chosen area may be gained via a literature study. Concepts, research strategies, and experimental methodologies crucial to the discipline will be covered. It will also aid in getting a glimpse into the ways in which scholars have used the ideas covered in the class to solve actual, tangible issues (Western Sydney University 2018).
Making prevention a reality: living health and wellbeing at Sanofi
According to Carroll et al. 2021, many factors of health and well-being are generally acknowledged, encompassing socioeconomic situation, level of income, schooling, access to health care, and society views. Professional health and welfare are becoming more important, not particularly in light of the current coronavirus outbreak. Sanofi, a worldwide biopharmaceutical business including over 100,000 employees in 100 countries and over 1200 in the UK, translates scientific advancement into healthcare products that assist individuals around the world overcome health difficulties (Carroll et al. 2021).
Figure 1: Employee Wellbeing
(Source: Charlie 2021)
The paper and Sanofi offer a diverse treatment portfolio, preventing sickness with vaccinations, give therapies to alleviate pain and suffering, and Sanofi supports those who experience from uncommon illnesses as well as the millions who do have long-term disorders. the purpose of the research paper is to assist individuals on various health journeys, including our staff (Carroll et al. 2021). Occupational health is a business primary concern at Sanofi because they aspire to be leaders in this ground, but it is also a direct result of the culture and commitment to being responsible business, setting priorities health and wellbeing again for beneficial of the company's employees in addition to assist decrease healthcare costs as well as demand on the National Health Service (NHS). Even though the primary objective of occupational healthcare has to be public health, there are crucial economic and commercial factors (Carroll et al. 2021).
Authors have discussed that poor employee mental health and related disorders are estimated to cost companies up to £45 billion each year, with 89% low productivity, 86% incapacity to turn off from business, 73% leaves, and much more than 60% mental health absenteeism. Furthermore, for every £1 invested in health and wellness programmes, companies may expect a £5 return on their investment due to lower attendance, reduced absenteeism, and workforce turnover. Sanofi acknowledges these earnings quality, as well as the negative effect of poor health and happiness on commercial requirements. Sanofi's objective is simple yet vital: to preserve, educate, promote, and supporting individuals (Carroll et al. 2021).
Figure 2: health and Well-being in the workplace
(Source: Lee 2019)
In the research paper, it is observed that Sanofi performed a complete audit utilising the Public Health England tools to objectively evaluate the service and achieve best-in-class workplace health performance. This toolkit examines the existing information in numerous areas, including accessibility of resources, access to assistance, and execution of wellbeing programmes in mental and physical health, violence prevention, and overall well-being and safety, using a red, amber, and green (RAG) scoring system (Carroll et al. 2021). The research and the authors in this research has focused on the toolbox assesses occupational health effectiveness and recommends realistic action plans to address any detected deficiencies. Sanofi audit lasted three weeks and included an internal peer review that focused on input from internal surveys and continuing employee requirements.
In addition, the research paper conducted an optimize performance in contrast to other industries/sectors in order to get a better grasp of overall best practises. This is also reflected in Sanofi's involvement and leadership in the Thames Valley Chambers of Commerce (TVCC), which has enabled the company to create networks and exchange best practises with peers and other businesses (Carroll et al. 2021).
Building programs for health, safety, and well-being of the company employees- design considerations for meeting unique requirements of organizations
According to Shanafelt et al. 2019, burnout among doctors, nurses, and advanced practice professionals has reached epidemic proportions in the present health care practice environment. Burnout among health care practitioners is driven mostly by organizational causes instead of personal resilience issues. The moral-ethical argument which includes caring for the Company employees, the feasibility study (expense of turnover and poorer quality), and the regulation case are the four key motivations that encourage health care executives to develop well-being initiatives. The researchers have discussed in their research paper, finally, health care professional burnout is harmful to patients. The authors explore the aim, scope, value, and lastly the resources of organizational well-being initiatives, as well as success measures and a framework for action. The goal of such a program is to supervise organizational efforts to decrease professional fatigue risk, create effective well-being amongst health care workers, and, as a result, maximise the performance of healthcare facilities. Those categories should be measured, benchmarked, and evaluated over time by the program (Shanafelt et al. 2019).
The success of such programme will spread as well as create deep expertise in the drivers of specialist fulfillment among the pharmaceutical and medical professionals, as well as an approach to evaluating flaws and challenges of the system and further pertinent components of corporate culture, as well as experience and knowledge with different techniques to foster improved performance (Shanafelt et al. 2019).
Challenges that organisations face in implementing health and well-being as a sustainable goal
According to Manandhar et al. 2018, enhanced healthcare infrastructure aids businesses in achieving their full potential. However, directly opposed to the aforementioned, it has been claimed that, as funding and financial assets of businesses in the health and very well of staff members have decreased, many systems of protection and health are quite low across several businesses as well as, as a result, it lacks necessary sections that are considered necessary for the infections are prevented. Companies would lose a tonne of money because their employees aren't empowered or aware of health risks, despite what we just read (Darrow et al. 2020).
Since a moral-ethical angle, employees who tends to have low burnout and maximum specialised satisfaction is extremely desirable, as well as the arguments in favor of the strategic plan for improving clinician well-being are robust and growing. It is observed that a well-being program that is maintained and suitably planned, managed by a qualified and professionals practioners in the research area, offers an increasingly important foundation for healthcare establishments to execute their goal.
The paper has thoroughly discussed the topics concerned with why the health care companies must act for the well-being of the employees and in what way they must support each other as well as bringing new policies for employees to cater to everyone. Along with that, the purpose of the well-being program has also been discussed to address the risks bringing more improvement to the pharmaceutical industry.
Figure 3: Health Belief Model
(Source: Manandhar et al. 2018)
It is necessary to opt for the right research approach in order to collect feasible data and come up with the desired output. In this study of analyzing the impact of health and well-being of the employees and the performance productivity in Sanofi, the research approach which is being used is the Deductive approach and Qualitative Data collection techniques are used following the Secondary data sources.
The researcher has selected the Deductive Approach, as its name suggests it includes a collection of data and finding the ones which are suitable and related to the study. Conventionally, when researchers think of scientific inquiry, they visualize a logical method of inquiry (Streefkerk 2019). The researcher looks at the work of others, reads up on the current ideas of the phenomena being investigated, and puts forth hypotheses based on what they've learned. The researcher has decided to use what is known as a deductive method, which involves coming up with several hypotheses connected to a few key ideas and then drawing up a research strategy to test those hypotheses (Sheppard 2020).
Figure 4: Deductive Reasoning
(Source: Streefkerk 2019)
Data collection Technique
The data collection technique which is being used in the study is Qualitative Data, this sort of data involves the collection and analysis of non-numerical data in order to better develop an understanding of the study concepts, opinions, and ideas. This is utilized to gather in-depth insights into the issue and generate new ideas and concepts for research. The researcher in the study is using the qualitative data collecting method (Bhandari 2020). This topic will be subjected to a thematic analysis by the researcher. The term "qualitative data" is used to provide conceptual findings that supplement the primary data.
Figure 5: Qualitative Research Design
(Source: Penmypaper 2019)
Data collection sources
In this study, the data collection source is Secondary Data, secondary data may be found in a wide variety of archival and published sources, including but not limited to government documents, academic journals, and popular media. Data that has previously been obtained from primary sources and made accessible for further study is referred to as secondary data. Such information is based on data that was gathered in the past (Formplus 2020).
Figure 6: Secondary data
(Source: Valcheva 2020)
In this study on the impact of health and well-being on performance in the pharmaceutical industry, it is observed and found that the pharmaceutical sector, health, and well-being are known to be a critical components of employee sustainability and enlarged productivity. Pharmacists are continually exposed to biological and chemical risks that are potentially harmful to their health. Additionally, a lack of proper safety requirements and violations may have an influence on employee performance and have long - term costs for corporate persistence.
As a result, it is essential to maintaining optimum health and well - being procedures while ensuring that all personnel follows such rules. Tips for keeping enhanced standards of safety in the pharmaceutical industry and the companies such as Sanofi which are discussed in the study.
• Offering the employees flexibility to work wherever and whenever they want to work in a specified working environment leads to more productivity.
• Giving employees a voice is very necessary to let the employees come up with their ideas and thoughts and lead to a positive working and influencing the working environment. This will also aid the pharmaceutical company to have new research and development ideas.
• Supporting their personal needs, it is also essential for a company to look after their personal needs and support for well-being. This will lead to a positive impact on productivity.
The world is still suffering from a worldwide pandemic that has affected almost every individual in some manner, and as some have correctly said, this is the new VUCA reality. Prioritizing one's own and one's family's health has become a must for everyone. The epidemic manifested itself not just as a medical worry, affecting people's physical health, but also their mental health. To decrease the possibility of propagation, social distancing techniques, isolation, lockdowns, and the shutdown of educational institutions, businesses, and entertainment venues were used (Shetty 2021).
These restricting restrictions, in turn, influenced how individuals engage socially, resulting in a decline in their mental health. Employees at many organizations have reported a decrease in their mental health. According to a Harvard Business Review survey, 42% of respondents reported a decline in their mental health.
Mental health maintenance is an essential component of healthcare, and pharmaceutical firms must serve as trailblazers for a shift toward a more positive dialogue on the subject. The epidemic has sparked considerable debate about how to manage workers' mental health. This, in turn, may help reduce the stigma connected with discussing it. Additionally, the availability of professionally trained counselors who can give help pushes companies forward in the approach of 360° digital integration of employee wellness (Shetty 2021).
• Conducting sessions with the professional counselor - Offering mental health support to the employees through offering a counselor advice and making a one-to-one session available.
• Letting digital support be engaged in health and well-being for increased productivity - Digital initiatives increase employee well-being. Wearables and applications may measure employees' heart rate, oxygen levels, and emotional condition. Aggregated data may help pharma companies determine which workers require professional aid (Shukla 2020).
• Flexibility with working hours and traveling as they move forward for hybrid working - Working hours and travel as the organization and people transition to hybrid working If work hours are cut by 3 hours, for example, and operating shifts are implemented, not only will facilities continue to function normally, but personnel will also be able to replenish well before following day (Shukla 2020).
• Financial support to the employees - As companies continue to adopt social distance rather than emotional separation, organizations must assist their workers to become more resistant. Adopting a comprehensive employee welfare policy that starts with a two-way medium of communication, changing how they operate with the new baseline in mind, giving financial assistance, and incorporating all-inclusive health services must be pharmaceutical companies' top priorities (The Catalyst 2020).
Health and well-being in the pharmaceutical industry have become very good but I'm already crucial need as employees are working 24 × 7 in the healthcare and medical industry which also includes a significant part of the pharmaceutical industry leading the leading to the employees working at the same proportion as the other medical industry employees. Hence it is necessary to ensure the positivity and Wellness of employees’ health and well-being of time blows in the industry is very important, This also influences positive productivity the work and leads to more growth and development It is also a benefit for the company as well.
The study has focused on the Impact of Health and Well-Being on the Performance of Sanofi, it is a well-known pharmaceutical company that has brought these considerations into the highlight and developed many policies concerned with employee wellness ensuring more productivity with positive results.
The study has thoroughly analyzed the background of the company with the research aims and objectives, research questions, and rationale overview. Further, in the research, the literature review sections have focused on analyzing the existing data from journals, research papers, etc. And developing an in-depth understanding to carry out future research and form a new opinion. All the research is conducted by using secondary research sources and qualitative data collection techniques following the deductive approach to ensure that cream data is collected, analyzed, and presented. The discussion and finding section in the study has focused on the key findings of the studies such as major steps taken by Sanofi and other companies in the pharmaceutical industry for ensuring the health and well-being impacting productivity and the key challenges faced.
Download Samples PDF
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations Assignment
- MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice
- HDS310 Human Rights and Advocacy Assignment
- BMG872 Global Strategy Development Implementation Assignment
- BST904 Creativity Innovation and Enterprise Assignment
- MGT607 Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship Report
- BST714 Strategic and Operational Decision Making Assignment
- MITS4002 Object Oriented Software Development Assignment
- PROJ6018 Project Portfolio and Program management Assignment
- HCT199 Evidencing Learning in Specialist Professional Assignment
- MGT602 Business Decision Analytics Report
- MBA622 Comprehensive Healthcare Strategies Report
- BEAFGE Business Economics and Finance in a Global Environment Assignment
- HI6026 Audit Assurance and Compliance Assignment
- Managing Information Systems Technology Projects
- HRM202 Human Resource Planning and Development Assignment
- BSBPMG430 Undertake Projectwork Assignment
- HCT343 Research Methods and Data Analysis in Healthcare Assignment
- Cultural Differences Role in Marketing Strategies for MNCs
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in The Workplace Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing