MIS101 Information Systems for Business Assignment Sample
Task Summary Using your understanding of the components of Information systems, propose a assignment help technical solution for another organization. Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this task. Context In Module 1, you learned about Information Systems and its components. In Module 2, you learned about Information Technology and Data Management in relation to Information Systems. You now have the opportunity to apply these concepts and propose a solution for the scenario given to you by your Learning Facilitator.
Task Instructions Read the scenario in the file MIS101_Assessment_1_Scenario to complete the task of writing a technical proposal. Deliverables Required Write a technical proposal for the organization identified in the scenario. The proposal should only discuss the technical aspects of the project. Do not focus on the managerial aspects such as cost, human and technical resources, etc.
• You must ensure that the technical proposal essay help online is relevant to the scenario given.
• Your technical proposal should ideally answer the following questions (but not limited to):
1. What would be the hardware requirements?
2. What would be the software requirements?
3. What would the communication and network for the scenario look like?
4. What would be the data needs and the data storage needs?
5. What would be the structure of the data layout plan?
6. How would the technical proposal being put forth be beneficial for the management and other stakeholders?
7. How would the proposed solution improve operations?
8. What would the limitations of the proposed solution be?
9. Other questions When writing your technical proposal, make sure that you write in a systematic way (the questions above are not given in a systematic manner). Make use of the internet to find out the structure/format of a technical proposal. When writing the technical proposal, assume that this would be submitted to your potential customer (as identified in the scenario given to you).
MIS101 - Assessment Task 1 Scenario B: HealthWay is a privately-owned healthcare facility that has been in business for 10 years and has a good reputation. It is a small hospital that is equipped to treat 20 inpatients at one time. In addition to inpatient care, it provides medical care service to outpatients via clinics specialising in family medicine, gynaecology, and paediatrics. HealthWay’s mission is to provide quality and personalised medical care to the patients. The organisation relies on a traditional file management system for all its business operations and patient record keeping. The management feels that the current system affects the performance of the business and makes patient record maintenance a slow process, thus affecting the quality of patient care. Josh, the President of HealthWay, believes that it is time to review the business and introduce information systems in the organisation to improve overall performance and gain competitive advantage. Josh wants to automate and optimise business operations including human resources, accounting and finance, supply chain management, and administration (although it is not limited to just these areas). He also wants the patients’ data to be arranged in such a way that it can be easily accessed and updated by the hospital staff. As HealthWay is a growing business and expects an increase in the number of patients, Josh sees this as an opportunity for improvement. He also wants the system to help the management in decision-making and planning. He wants an information system that can support all core and support operations of the hospital. Josh has requested your organisation, KSoft, to provide a technical proposal to be further discussed with Healthway’s Chief Technology Officer.
In business (e.g. healthcare), Management Information Systems (MIS) is introduced to support the organisational processes, intelligence, operations. To improve business operations related to IT, outpatients and impatiens via clinics, automated business operations in the healthcare organisation, information system is required. The criteria of a technical proposal are to identify the core technical problems first, then evaluating it or justifying it with the base requirements, and later providing proposed solutions for these. MIS tools helped to manage information and move data associated with the patients. MIS is a formal, sociotechnical, as well as organisational system designed to control performance of HealthWay business processes.
Keywords: MIS, Healthcare system, Data management, Proposed Solution, Technical requirements, Technical proposal, HealthWay.
In this technical proposal, Information Technology (IT) and Data management with relation to Business Information systems is taken into consideration. Based on the case scenario of HealthWay privately-owned healthcare facility, it has been possible for me to propose solutions and meet the organisational needs. This technical proposal is prepared by KSoft organisation considering the HealthWay’s Chief Technical Officer's perspective. Here, a basic structure of technical proposal has been followed and all the technical aspects, factors related to this project have been elaborated with a systematic manner and submitted to HealthWay’s potential customers.
3. Statement of Need
3.1. Hardware Requirements
Based on the understanding of the case scenario, hardware requirements for HealthWay Information System (HIS) are:
• Keyboard (s)
• Monitor (s).
• Mouse (s)
• Central Processing Unit (CPU) as Microprocessor (Carvalho Joa?o et al., 2019, p. 390).
• Hard disk drive (HDD) to store patient’s data and records.
• Optical disc drives
• Expansion cards
• Power supply unit to every healthcare departments’ system
• Main Memory (Random Access Memory- RAM).
As per the ideas of Beverungen, Matzner & Janiesch, 2017, p. 783), hardware requirements for HIS can also be managed by the Clinical management, Supplies management, Support services, patient management, and also by information management.
Figure 1: Inpatient & Outpatient requirements
(Source: Carvalho Joa?o et al., 2019, p. 393)
3.2. Software Requirements
In the case of the HealthWay Healthcare and Hospitality management system, to gather the patients’ data, software is required. Software is divided into two-part requirements: i). Functional, ii). Non-functional.
Under the functional requirements, Software Requirements Specification (SRS) is measured which is a complete configuration of different software requirements for registration process, report generation, database management etc (Beverungen, Matzner & Janiesch, 2017, p. 785). On the other hand, non-functional requirements of the HealthWay management system are for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability purposes.
3.3. Communication and Network scenario
On the basis of patients’ information and decision support tools, delivery of quality care, some technical factors are considered which are important for planning as well as implementation of healthcare communication networks:
• Transmission latency throughout the wide healthcare network.
• Ubiquity of network access (Carvalho Joa?o et al., 2019, p. 395)
• Bandwidth requirements and availability inside HealthWay
• Data security and confidentiality
• Continuous availability of the network.
3.4. Data & Data Storage Needs
As per the guidance of Daneshvar Kakhki & Gargeya, (2019, p. 5325), most of the HealthWay datasets are related to individual patients’ data, patients’ records, inpatients and outpatient’s data via clinics. Data storage options recommended for the same HealthWay organisation are:
• Cloud Computing is ideal to store healthcare information. Here, data stored online and considered for both security with latency and privacy for HealthWay.
• Storage Area Network (SAN) to the gynaecology, paediatrics, family medicine departments. SAN option is also applicable to measure the diagnostic data.
• External Storage Devices as Electronic Medical Records (EMR), External hard-disks or SSDs (Graybeal et al., 2018, p. 3276).
• Network Attached Storage System (NAS) stored humongous data churned out by HealthWay organisation. It is one of preferred storage options for HealthWay networks.
4.1. Data Layout Plan
With response to the raw data, and data storage, a layout plan has been recommended for the HealthWay information system. This data layout plan has been created by maintaining World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.
Figure 2: Basic Data structure of HealthWay Hospitality Management System (HMS)
(Source: Carvalho Joa?o et al., 2019, p. 398)
4.2. How it can be Beneficial for Stakeholders
This technical proposal put forth benefits for the HealthWay stakeholders and helps the higher managerial authority, Josh in following way:
• KSoft’s technical proposal is better for project planning, which often meets the dire need of the local communities.
• This proposal is recommended to solve the current healthcare issues.
• It builds with consensus (Beverungen, Matzner & Janiesch, 2017, p. 787).
• This technical proposal gives a plan for monitoring & evaluation
• It helps the researchers, experts to do more research and gives them ideas to move forward within the healthcare industry.
• Both Internal and External stakeholders are able to improve their business operations and marketing with HealthWay.
Understanding the scenario, this proposal provides technical solutions for all the major HealthWay attributes. This solution also created a link between the Case Scenario B and the technical proposal.
5.1. Proposed Solutions
Table 1: Detailed proposed solution for all the key aspects (Source: Jørgensen et al., 2019, p. 155)
After addressing all the HealthWay requirements in a systematic manner, it can be concluded that the proposed solution recommended for the business scenario is appropriate and it provides further ideas to the learner.
Limitations of the proposed solution would be:
• This technical proposal not focusing the managerial problems
• Solutions for cost breakdown, budgeting, human, and other technical resources have not been recommended here.
• This proposed solution is only limited to technical problems.
• Though it is an individual work but sometimes to find the exact solution for an appropriate MIS problem, more than one person is required.
Beverungen, D., Matzner, M., & Janiesch, C. (2017). Information systems for smart services. Information Systems and E-Business Management, 15(4), 781–787. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10257-017-0365-8
Carvalho Joa?o Vidal, Rocha A?lvaro, van de Wetering, R., & Abreu Anto?nio. (2019). A maturity model for hospital information systems. Journal of Business Research, 94, 388–399. https://lesa.on.worldcat.org/oclc/8089318423
Daneshvar Kakhki, M., & Gargeya, V. B. (2019). Information systems for supply chain management: a systematic literature analysis. International Journal of Production Research, 57(15-16), 5318–5339. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2019.1570376
Graybeal, C., DeSantis, B., Duncan, B. L., Reese, R. J., Brandt, K., & Bohanske, R. T. (2018). Health-related quality of life and the physician-patient alliance: a preliminary investigation of ultra-brief, real-time measures for primary care. Quality of Life Research : An International Journal of Quality of Life Aspects of Treatment, Care and Rehabilitation - an Official Journal of the International Society of Quality of Life Research, 27(12), 3275–3279. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-018-1967-4
Jørgensen, R., Scarso, E., Edwards, K., & Ipsen, C. (2019). Communities of practice in healthcare: a framework for managing knowledge sharing in operations. Knowledge and Process Management, 26(2), 152–162. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.1590
Sahoo, P. K., & Dehury, C. K. (2018). Efficient data and cpu-intensive job scheduling algorithms for healthcare cloud. Computers and Electrical Engineering, 68, 119–139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2018.04.001
Download Samples PDF
- HND731 Learning and Teaching for Health Professionals Assignment
- BSBOPS502 Manage Business Operational Plan
- Initiate and Lead Applied Research Assignment
- MBA504 Data Analytics for Business Assignment
- BUMGT5920 Management in a Global Business Environment Assignment
- COIT20256 Data Structure and Algorithms Assignment
- Principles of Project Management
- ACG508 Accounting Standards Application and Disclosure Assignment
- BUSM4738 Strategy Assignment
- PRJ6001 Applied Project Assignment
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations Assignment
- MIS501 Principles of Programming Learning Activity Assignment
- BSBPMG430 Undertake Projectwork Assignment
- MAN605 Financial Analysis and Decision Making Assignment
- MBA5007 Managing Strategy and Innovation Assignment
- GDECE101 Early Childhood and Education Essay
- BSBWOR502B Ensure Team Effectiveness Assignment
- PPMP2008 Initiating and Planning Projects Assignment
- COIT20262 Advanced Network Security Assignment
- PROJ6000 Principles of Projects Management Report
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing