COMP1001 Data Communications and Networks Assignment Sample
Your task is to create a technical report of your home network and propose a plan for its improvement. Your work must demonstrate your learning over the six modules of this unit. The format of the report with requirements that you have to fulfil are detailed in the template provided with this assignment description.
In summary, your report will have to provide the following technical details:
• R1: Network topology
• R2: Network devices
• R3: Communication technologies
• R4: Addressing scheme
• R5: Network protocols and analysis
• R6: Network services
• R7: Network security and analysis
• R8: Performance parameters and analysis
Finally, your report will also provide your own analysis and assessment regarding role of computer networks in your life and study. Support your analysis and assessments with evidences.
R1: Network Topology
For network topology considering the home network two different topologies are defined in the section one is physical topology and another is logical topology. Both network topologies are described below as:
As home network is a wireless network where a single router is used for internet connection and that router connected to an access point. There are four systems for assignment help which are connected to the wireless network in Star pattern that can be observed in the above figure. The physical topology shows the wireless connectivity from router to the client system. It can also be observed in the above diagram that router is directly connected with access point.
The above figure define logical topology of home network that is based on data flow connection and connected client devices to the network. It can be observed how data is transfer from router to the and devices where this router is directly connected with access point. Here the data flow pattern can be changed according to the requirement and structure of the system. The installed router is able to cover a defined range where the router can provide internet connectivity to all systems which comes under this defined range.
Difference between Physical and Logical topologies
Physical topology is based on network devices which are used in selected network that consist of connection cables and network devices. As it can be seen in the above physical topology that connections cable are not used because home network is a wireless network. Instead of connection cable the wireless connectivity has shown in physical topology for home network. The router which is used is wirelessly connected to the access point that allow data communication for data flow to router and then connected devices. The physical topology for wireless network is not that complex as wire-based network contains.
The logical topology define data flow among the network devices which are used in selected network that is home network. The logical topology consist of data flow connection or representation of data flow and network devices such as router and client devices. Here home network is considered that is based on wireless network so data flow can be observed between router and devices were the main router is connected to access point for data communication. The major differences between physical and logical network topology of home network is physical topology represent cable as connection and logical topology represent data flow as connection.
R2: Network Devices
This section discusses different network devices which are used in home network. As the home network is a wireless network that consists of router-modem client devices, mobile phones and tablets.
1. Model: The model of the laptop can be considered as latest model of 3rd generation. The laptop is able to connect wirelessly to any network.
2. Technical specification: The laptops are based on the 3rd generation and 5th generation that are able to connect with any wireless network. The network driver are installed in all the laptops that allow data transfer from external sources. Each laptop have feature to act as router so that other devices can connect with laptop as a wireless connection.
3. Physical Network Interface: The physical network interface consist of network adaptor that is a small integrated chip install in network devices. The laptop which are connected to the homemade work contains network adaptor that allow to connect with the wireless network for data transfer.
Router is a main network device in home network that allow a wireless connection to more than one IP address for data communication. The router installed in home network allow multiple connections that can connect wirelessly such as laptops, mobile phones, tablets and desktop. Further this router is wirelessly connected to the access point.
1. Model: The model of the router connected in the Home wireless network is TP-Link Archer AX6000.
2. Technical specification: This is based on new technology such as 802.11ax with OFDM that allow to provide high speed for data communication. The speed of router is considered as 1148 Mbps with 2.4GHz and can perform up to 4804 in case of 5GHz band. This Router allows multiple Ips for wireless connection in-home network.
3. Physical Network interface: The physical network interface can be measured by using the network analyser as the speed of the router can be observed on screen.
Wireless Access Point
In computer networks wireless access point is a type of device that allow various wireless cards that can connect to all and devices without physical cables. Access points are also able to connect with LAN and create a wireless network. This is the only device that is able to connect from wired network environment to wireless network environment. Generally it is also use to transform network type at workplace or for home purpose. Wireless access point can physically connect with LAN and transform into a wireless network to all of more than two IP addresses for data communication in wireless network environment.
1. Model: The model of the Access point is Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) Catalyst
2. Technical specification: This is considered as most reliable that contains top speed of 9.6Gbps with 6TH generation 802.11 ax.
3. Physical Interface: The physical interface of this network device is reliable and strong with high speed.
R3: Data Communication Technologies and Standards
Generally, four type of wireless data communication technology are found such as wireless LAN wireless man wireless pan and wireless van. The only difference among all these four wireless data communication technologies is size or range including with connectivity requirements.
The data communication technology which is used in home network is Wi-Fi technology that is considered as one of the most common wireless data communication technology for small range connectivity requirements. Wi-Fi basically stands for wireless fidelity initiated by NCR corporation. This technology simply allows data transfer among more than one devices that is actually based on mobile computing. This technology allow devices to be mobile in nature through which devices can move from one place to another while connecting with her particular network for data transfer. Wi-Fi is basically a wireless LAN model that used for small range or size with minimum connectivity requirements. By using Wi-Fi a small wireless network can be construct from one end to another end that highly considered for home network
This section discuss this about technical specification of Wi-Fi data communication technology where the most important specification is frequency band of Wi-Fi data communication technology that is 2.4GHz ISM. The bandwidth of channel for Wi-Fi data communication technology is 25 Mhz. Wi-Fi technology have half duplex with all kind of bandwidth. The technology which is used in Wi-Fi data communication is direct sequence spread spectrum.
Application of wi-fi Technology
This section discusses about application of Wi-Fi technology as Wi-Fi technology have multiple applications.
The very first and important application of Wi-Fi technology is any wireless devices which are capable to connect wirelessly can connect with internet. Wi-Fi technology is able to provide access to the internet for more than one device.
The second most important application of Wi-Fi technology is that video, as well as audio streaming, can be done wirelessly with any devices for the purpose of entertainment.
The important files and data can be shared from one system to another system through wireless connection easily. There is another important application where Wi-Fi can be used as hotspot that will allow other devices to get access for the internet. That actors which are installed in Wi-Fi are non for spreading radio signals by using the owner network for providing hotspot to other devices. Wi-Fi data communication technology can also be used for poisoning system.
The Wi-Fi standard which is used for home network is IEEE standard 802.11g that provides a frequency of 2.4 GHz with a maximum speed of 54 mbps. This is standard is considered as quite common for the home network.
R4: Addressing Schemes
This section discusses the addressing schemes of home networks where each network devices has IP addresses for data communication. The physical and logical addresses for the connected devices in home network is defined considering the data transfer. The IPv4 Address is 192.0.2.1 where IPv6 Address is 2001:db8::1. The IP address of the Router is 192.168.1.1.
IP address is considered as logical address which is actually assigned by the software application in system or in router for data communication with other devices. In home network IP address is assigned to all the connected devices such as router laptops and other devices.
R5: Network Protocols
The wireless network protocols which is used in home network is 802.11g that generally a combination of 802.11a and 802.1 b. In this section wire Shark network analyser is used to analyse the technical specification of used wireless network protocol that is 80 2.11 g.
The above 2 pictures define status of package transfer and network traffic identified by the wireshark network analyser. Network protocol is basically basic guidelines which are made for data communication. The wireless network protocol called 802.11 g is considered as family network protocol standard that allow connection of multiple devices. The collection of protocols that contains multiple protocols for different purpose and functions is TCP /IP. This version of the network protocol is derived from the previous version where generally one version of the network protocol is transform in another updated version based on the requirements of connectivity and innovation in networking technology. As it can be absorb in the above figure that logical addresses of connected devices are shown while packet transfer.
R6: Network Services
In this section of the report network services will be discussed that allow to provide different type of services to client system. They are two important network services which are discussed in this section such as DHCP service and DNS service. Here DHCP services define dynamic host configuration protocol and DNS service define domain name system.
DHCP is a type of protocol that is used for network management where DHCP is responsible for assigning IP addresses to all the connected network devices so that they can communicate over a network utilising the allotted IP address. By using this service IP address can be assigned to any network devices which are connected or going to connect within a wireless network. The device with mobile nature IP addresses are changed while moving from one place to another so DHCP assign IP addresses to each location.
The DHCP server address is 192.168.29.122 and the DHCP client address is 10.1.1.100/24. The scope of IP address is defined and checked using command prompt.
The the DHCP service can be found almost every network in infrastructure that is based on wireless or wire based network because for every wireless network wireless devices are used that are mobile in nature. For sach devices which are mobile in nature required temporary IP addresses and these temporary IP addresses assign by the DHCP service.
Domain name system or DNS service is considered as phone book over the internet where humans while using the internet utilise domain names for assessing any information. Suppose a user typed isko.com then isko.com is a domain name that is used by user for assessing information. Here the browser use IP address and DNS service change domain name into IP address so that browser can find the relevant information by using the IP address from the server. DNS service simply reduce the complexity of remembering IP address that is actually difficult to remember by humans. So human can use website name or domain name for searching any information and DNS service translates these domain name into IP address through which required information can be access by browser easily. There is a simple purpose of DNS that is converting the horse name to IP address that is actually a system friendly.
The DNS IP address is 192.168.29.122.
R7: Network Security
Network security is one of the major concern that are discussed by many exports in literatures and articles. The network security exports continuously working on innovation in network security field so that numerous of attack and losses due to the attacks can be minimised. This section discusses about network security measures and the possible attacks on home network.
The common types of network security measures are intrusion prevention system, firewalls and intrusion detection system. These three are the common parameters based on which network security can be analysed where intrusion prevention system help in preventing home network from external attacks and intrusion detection system help in detecting the possible attacks from external sources over home network. Firewalls are the another important network security measures that will help in filtering out the malicious link and data from open source platforms
Top three Attacks
1. Malware: Malware attack is a very common type of attack where malicious link or file downloads automatically while using the internet or downloading any files from the internet. This attack include is stealing information or data from the system with the help of malware downloaded while using internet.
2. DoS attack: Daniel of service attack is another common type of attack where the network gets shut down and unable to access by the user. This can cause network flooding or high traffic on home network.
3. Phishing Attack: In this type of attack malicious link or email sent to the target system where user click on that link unknowingly and convert into a victim of attack.
R8: Performance Parameters
This section discusses about the performance parameter of home network with some basic parameters such as:
Bandwidth = 2.4Ghz
High speed = 54Mbps
Coverage area = More then 802.11a and 802.11b
Download Samples PDF
- The Role of Physics in our Daily Life Essay Assignment
- MITS4004 IT Networking and Communication Assignment
- EDUC1001 Language and Learning in Your Discipline Assignment
- External Auditing Process and Its Stages Assignment
- HI6026 Audit Assurance and Compliance Assignment
- MIC11108 Drug Delivery System
- HI5017 Managerial Accounting Assignment
- LAW2442 Commercial Law Assignment
- ENGR8762 Networks and Cybersecurity
- BSBMGT515A Manage Operational Plan Assignment
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations Assignment
- HCT343 Research Methods and Data Analysis in Healthcare Assignment
- TCHR2002 Children Families Communities Assignment
- CRIM2024 Discipline of Criminology and Justice Assignment
- The Role of Technology in Architecture Assignment
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety Assignment
- EDUC9136 Education Policy Politics and Practice Assignment
- Pure Gym 202202 Marketing Mid term Coursework
- ACCT6007 Financial Accounting Theory and Practice
- ECL101 Language and Print Literacy Development Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing