CSE2HUM Ethical Issue on Current Cyber Context Assignment Sample
In this assignment, you will be provided with two context briefs. You will be required to select one for your analysis and complete the tasks below (1 & 2). As much as possible, focus on the details provided in the brief. Where information is not provided but integral to your analysis, make reasonable assumptions (which should be clearly stated and explained). (Note: You must clearly specify the selected context brief in your report,
Risk Assessment Report
Identify and discuss at least three cyber security risks faced by the organization. Since the organizations are based in Australia, the discussion must identify;
1. Where these threats are most likely to originate (outside Australia and within)?
2. Who those threat actors might be?
3. What are the key drivers, or motivations behind those threats?
4. Do ideological, cultural, political, social, economic factors influence those motivations?
5. What kind of vulnerabilities they might exploit?
Please note as this is an important part: The course is “Human Factors in Cyber Security” , therefore you must relate the vulnerabilities to the concepts taught during week 3,4,5, and 6, including but not limited to; personality types, limitations of human cognition, types of learning – associative and non- associative, conditioning – operant and classical, Pierre Bourdieus theory of practice (capital; habitus; field; practice).
2. Cyber Security Awareness Plans
Once you have identified the risks in part one.
1. Describe detailed steps to counter those threats by designing a cyber security awareness plan.
2. The plan must contain a general cyber security awareness campaign for all the participants of the organization.
3. The plan must also identify awareness campaigns for specific groups of people with specific job roles (These are for people in the job roles that are either privy to important assets/data or manage key operations).
4. You must think and address the following aspects while designing the plan:
a. Tools, and mechanisms to ensure maximum impact?
b. Cultural, economic, social, ideological, or political factors which you think might impact the content and/or communications.
c. Can techniques such as personality type identification, conditioning (operant and classical), habitus, learning types (associative and non- associative), be used to deliver an effective plan?
d. Can ethnography be used for developing such plans?
The following study will aim to identify three potential cyber security threats that might occur with the Australian-based hospital. A cyber security awareness plan will also be developed in order to address the identified threats.
Risk assessment report for assignment help -
Cyber security risks and origination of the risk
Malware attack: Attackers make use of different types of methods to input malware into a device and this is mainly done by social engineers (Gunduz and Das, 2020). In order to input malware into a device, the attacker might develop a link containing malware and as the operator of the device click on that link.
Denial-of-service: The main objective of a denial-of-service attack is mainly to overwhelm a target system’s resources and make its functions and operations stop and also deny access to the system to the user.
Password attacks: A hacker can obtain an individual's user credentials by monitoring the network connection, employing social engineering, guessing, or gaining access to a password database (Coventry and Branley, 2018). A hacker can 'predict' a password in a systematic or random manner.
The attack might originate within Australia and also outside Australia since most hackers do not require the actual system to hack it, they can also do it remotely.
Identification of threat actors
Lack of proper security: Cyber security risks often occur when there is a lack of security assurance (Happa, Glencross and Steed, 2019). People handling passwords and storing data in the hospital’s cloud system need to have the proper knowledge regarding how they can assure the security of the system and the files stored in the system. In the hospital, there are various patients who ask for passwords and one among them might have the skills to hack the system using the password.
Vulnerabilities in systems: Cybercriminals often hack systems that have a weak spot. It makes it easy for hackers to attack a system that has weak cyber security systems installed or when the cyber security system is out of date (Happa, Glencross and Steed, 2019). If the password of the operating system is weak, hackers can easily predict the password and attack the system. Hence, it is important to keep cyber security up to date.
Key motivations and drivers behind the threat
The hospital contains the data and information of many patients and hackers who want to hack the system might have a certain purpose in mind before hacking the system (King et al., 2018). Hacking the operating system of a hospital will provide a hacker with all the data regarding the patients and also the hacker will get access to raw data and information about the hospital. If the hacker has the motivation of leaking sensitive data regarding patients or the hospital, this might act as a key driver or motivator behind the attack.
Influencing factors in motivation
There is a huge cache that economic, political, social, ideologically and cultural factors might be one of the prime influencing factors behind the motivations. Hackers hacking the system might be culturally or ideologically influenced to do so. The influence of any political party or social group also might influence the hacker to attack the system (Nurse, 2018). Accessing data about the hospital and selling the data will also bring in some money which might be an economical factor behind the attack.
The potential vulnerabilities referring to Bourdieu's theory of practice that might occur include the influence of habitus which indicates that individuals with their resources and nature react differently in different situations (Nurse, 2018). Bourdieu also talks about misrecognition as a potential vulnerability in this case.
Cyber security awareness plan
Modern society is much more technologically dependent than ever before, and numerous areas of our being, such as power, businesses, rule of law, security, and so on, are highly influenced by technology (Mashiane, Dlamini and Mahlangu, 2019). As a result, cyber security becomes critical for preventing the misuse of these sources of data and IT infrastructure.
The steps that will be included in the cyber security awareness plan of the hospital in order to address the threats that the organisation might face include:
- No employee of the hospital should click on any link before verifying its authenticity of the link.
- The password of the Wi-fi must be changed from time to time.
- The installed cyber security must be up-to-date (Zwilling et al., 2022).
- If any suspicious cyber activity is witnessed, it must be reported immediately.
- The networks used by the staff must be protected using well-developed cyber security since staff mainly input the data of patients.
- The desktop and iPads given to the doctors and nurses must be protected by strong passwords and the web activity must be checked from time to time.
- The cloud storage of the hospital also needs to be protected using well-developed cyber-security (Sabillon, 2018).
The behaviour modification theory can also be referred to for enhancing the knowledge of the employees of the hospital regarding cyber security. The behaviour modification theory will help in enhancing the behaviour and develop the actions of the employees and make them more aware regarding cuber security. If the entire workforce becomes more aware and alert regarding the importance of cyber security, the organisation will be able to achieve good outcomes with respect to cyber security.
The receptionists and other staff must have basic knowledge regarding cyber security so that they can identify and report any suspicious activity to the higher authority. The doctor and the nurses must keep their devices with them all the time in order to prevent the device from being stolen or used without consent (Hepfer and Powell, 2020). The staff involved with data entry must be well-aware of how to protect the data files so that the data can be prevented from being manipulated or stolen.
The tools and techniques that will be mostly included in this plan include the installation of antivirus software, firewall tools, penetration testing technique, packet sniffers and encryption tools. Conditioning, personality type identification, learning types and habitus techniques can also be used. Ethnography can be used to address economic, political, social, ideologically and cultural factors.
It can hence be concluded from the above study that the cyber security threats identified in the study might negatively affect the organisation and sensitive patient data and data of the hospital can be accessed by the hacker if there is an abuse of proper cyber security. The cyber security plan will be quite helpful in addressing the identified threats.
Download Samples PDF
- Analysis of Glucose Molecules Assignment
- MKT60010 Marketing Management Assignment
- ACG508 Accounting Standards Application and Disclosure Assignment
- MBA633 Real world Business Analytics and Management Assignment
- MIS609 Data Management and Analytics Assignment
- ACCT6007 Financial Accounting Theory and Practice
- CLWM4000 Business and Corporations Law Assignment
- BUSN20017 Effective Business Communication Assignment
- BUSM4738 Strategy Assignment
- IND301A Industry Consulting Project Assignment
- DATA6000 Capstone Industry Case Studies Assignment
- MBA5006 Managing Organisational Behaviour Assignment
- Elisa Test Its Development Uses Procedure and Types
- 3155IBA Operational Management Assignment
- PUBH6005 Epidemiology Assignment
- ITECH5402 Enterprise Systems Assignment
- CPCCBC4012 Building and Construction Assignment
- HI6007 Statistics for Business Decisions Assignment Sample
- Agile Project Management Assignment
- CHCPRP003 Reflect On And Improve Own Professional Practice Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing