MKT600/MKTG6002 Marketing Assessment 1 - Situation Analysis Sample
This assessment task requires you to develop a Marketing Environmental Analysis that comprises both the micro-environment and macro-environment. The micro-environment analysis involves scrutiny of the internal environment that facilitates specifying the strengths and weaknesses, while, the macro-environment analysis requires the scrutiny of demographic, economic, natural, political, technological, and cultural (DENPTC) dimensions which will assist in specifying the opportunities and threats. Changes within the macro-environmental forces are outside of an organization’s direct control requiring an organization’s marketing strategies to be adjusted to capture emerging opportunities and minimize any potential threats.
Therefore, in this assessment task you will need to:
• Articulate your learning about marketing concepts and principles covered from Module 1 to 3.1 to demonstrate your level of understanding to evaluate the organisation's overall situation;
• Critically analyse the link between marketing theory and practice;
• Demonstrate research skills to reveal the insights;
• Apply appropriate business report writing skills;
• Discuss appropriate strategies with regards to your SWOT analysis.
• Use the appropriate APA style both in text citation and the reference list at the end. You should use at least 10 relevant academic references from leading marketing journals and text books to showcase quality of your research.
Tasks: 1. Discuss the value propositions, core brand values and buyer behaviour of your chosen organisation;
2. Analyse the micro-environment (the company, suppliers, intermediaries, relevant publics, customers and competitors); 3. Analyse the macro environment, that is, demographic, economic, natural, political, technological and cultural (DENPTC) forces to demonstrate their impacts on your chosen organisation's strategies/capabilities to serve the target market (s; 4. List the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) as well as suggest appropriate strategies by incorporating the TOWS matrix to draw from strengths to capture opportunities, to overcome weaknesses and to defend from threats.
Situation analysis is a primary step while making marketing plan. In this technique, macro and micro environment analysis of market is done to extract information to support marketing strategy. The chosen organization for this report is Tony Ferguson. The company is well known for selling protein shakes to lose weight. The quick early growth of the Tony Ferguson’s weight loss product is the indication of successful overseas expansion plan of the company.
Value propositions, core brand values and buyer behavior
Value proposition is strategic analysis of a company which acts as unique selling proposition for a company. Core brand values and buyer behavior are associated with identification of main services provided by Tony Ferguson, and matching of these services with customer preferences to analyze market gap of that service (Osterwalder et al., 2014).
• Customers are facing challenges in identifying appropriate sources of protein which is also healthy in their daily life routine.
• Protein takes time to consume in the body; there is no proper diet available in the market which is a quick source of protein.
• All the protein containing products are not sufficient to fulfill the actual requirement of the protein by the body. The available sources have slow results and not suitable to every person (Murray, 2013).
• Protein shake provided by Tony Ferguson will solve the problem of carrying it from one place to another. The protein powder is easy to fit in hand bag and requires some filtered water to shake it.
• The availability of this product at every retail outlets and big malls makes it convenient for customers to choose it as a supplementary source of protein.
• The powder can even be packed in small pouches to carry into the pockets. This makes it convenient for people to consume it even in gym or while travelling for business tour where carrying big luggage is not possible (Canster blue, 2021).
• The Tony Ferguson’s protein shake product has high availability due to its sound distribution channels.
• The different packages of protein shake product makes it convenient for consumers to carry it easily from one place to another and use this product anytime and anywhere.
• After consuming protein shake, consumer doesn’t feel hunger and feel energetic. Another advantage of easy digestion makes this product attractive to those people who don’t have enough time to burn their calories (Murray, 2016).
• Protein gives immense energy to its users, thus consuming it in the morning makes consumers energetic and active (Tony Ferguson, 2021).
Core brand values
Its products can be included in the dining table to improve body alignment, and strength without adding too much weight. Many people can make a profit by adding Tony Ferguson to their menu:
Strong and dynamic adults: Adults who take part in regular exercise may find that Tony Ferguson helps improve body structure by helping to increase body mass, a level at which the body builds appropriate muscles. Tony Ferguson's 20 gram supplement increases protein synthesis when burned before or after the block (Winget, 2017).
Those trying to manage their weight: High-protein diets have been shown to help people feel fuller, which can reduce their weight gain (Kostelijk, 2017). More protein, further calorie reduction has been shown to improve the nature of weight reduction by increasing the deficiency of the muscle-to-fat ratio and also reducing the deficiency of lean muscle mass (Kostelijk and Alsem, 2020).
Mature population: Starting at the age of 40, many adults experience age-related loss of mass, capacity and strength, a condition known as sarcopenia. Exercise and protein supplementation, for example, including Tony Ferguson's protein with every meal, can be an easy way to harden your dick or measure this bad luck (Nguyen, Melewar and Brown, 2019).
Protein has seen significant development in recent times, characterized by an uncommon expansion in the apparent lack of development by buyers, awareness and development of plant-based protein use and the subsequent proliferation of high protein and advanced protein elements through various food and drink courses (Miller, Washington and Richard and Associates, 2017). In any case, the development of the previous year is down. Whatever the improvement over the previous five years, general information from consumers about the medical benefits of protein, especially muscle support / building in the past, is much needed, and potential for protein food / drink manufacturers. Also, there are changes between classes, with some logos and even reductions (Miller, Washington and Richard and Associates, 2019).
Interest in protein has skyrocketed in recent years. For example, in 2014, the majority of consumers were shown to be looking for high-protein foods, compared to 39% in 2006, and were shown to be close to 3/4 of consumers using high-protein food types / drinks in 2020. Of these, a quarter indicated that they would expand their use over the same period (Statista, 2020).
Clients see Tony Ferguson as a boon for muscle development and weight reduction. Buyer thinks this option is the best protein boost. Customers love to buy Tony Ferguson’s protein shake because it’s powerful and simple to process (East et al., 2017).
The continuous increase in the demand of protein supplements has been noticed for the past eight years. Like for instance, in the year 2014, more than 50% consumers prefers protein rich foods and supplements, while this figure was 39% in 2006. In 2019, it increases to 75% consumers who take high proportion of proteins compared to other nutrition's in their diet (Schiffman and Wisenblit, 2019).
Consumers perceive that Tony Ferguson is good for muscle growth and weight loss. Buyer considers this product as best supplement alternative for protein. Buyers prefer to buy Tony Ferguson’s protein shake as it is effective and easy to digest (East et al., 2017).
Micro environment analysis has main focus on company itself. Micro environment covers all those external factors which affect the performance of the company on small scale level. The micro environment analysis of Tony Ferguson has been done below:
Tony Ferguson's classic food substitutes are made for lasting slimming potential. It's perfect for those who need to shed pounds but are happy to do it at a steady pace that requires regular festival evaluation every day. The Classic program includes 2 classic snacks, a regular dinner and 2 snacks per day that add up to approximately 1600 calories. Not suitable for pregnant or lactating women and under 18 years of age (Marketing.net, 2020).
Tony Ferguson's suppliers include PSD network ltd., BHI nutrineo GMBH, Foodcom S.A. and many others. Tony Ferguson's suppliers are well organized around the planet. Lion's share of the company's products is traded with various countries (Tony Ferguson, 2021).
The intermediaries of Tony Ferguson includes malls, retail stores, online platform and sometimes gym instructors also act as intermediaries for protein supplement product.
Customers and competitors
The demand in protein products of the youth population usually extends to competitors as they offer a number of benefits such as lowering cholesterol, working muscles, extending strength, fighting disease, improves invulnerability and reduces pulse. As a result, this basic factor has a positive impact on the protein supplement market figure (Farroq, 2017).
Due to the presence of strong players in the market as well as the presence of several small and medium parts in the market, the global market for whey protein fasteners is very poor. The market is expected to develop at a CAGR of over 10% over the specified period. Manufacturers are trying to coordinate with the growing interest with changes in consumer sentiment, both in terms of taste and location. It can be removed from the pen for foods that contain whey protein, food and beverage manufacturers, supplements, and others generally use whey protein in a variety of details. The main customers of wheeled protein setters are manufacturers of sports support products and manufacturers of supplement products (Business Jargons, 2021).
Macro environment is kind of industry analysis where similar nature of small and large firms taken into consideration. Macro environment analysis is a brief about trend prevailing in the market of particular industry. DENPTC forces have been used to analyze the macro environment of Tony Ferguson.
Demographic factor includes population, and size of particular market segments. The main users of protein shakes are athletes and young bodybuilders. Thus increase in their population can also increase the demand for the product (Claessens, 2015).
A healthy protein shakes have high cost, which sometimes is not affordable for each economic group of the nation. To increase the demand of the product, it is necessary to increase income of lower economic groups.
Health conscious people prefer natural ingredients in protein shake rather than artificial flavored chemicals. Thus, including more natural ingredients in the product could raise the product demand in the market.
Government policies also play an important role in increasing and decreasing demand of any product. Thus, allowing subsidies on health products could increase the demand of the product at reducing prices.
Improvement in technology can help company in reducing its overall cost and increase the demand of the product at reducing price.
A health conscious and physical fit culture in the society can also increase the demand for protein shakes product in the market (Claessens, 2015).
It is a form of internal analysis of a particular company. Tony Ferguson’s SWOT/TOWS analyses are focusing on how company’s strength and opportunities can be channelized to mitigate its weakness and threats (Kiron, 2019).
· Produce a quality product that solves the customer's problems
· Employee reliability is also a strong strength of the organization
· Attract more consumers to expand their business more than competitors (Mariani, 2017).
· Inadequate number of sellers promoting the item.
· Lack of cash flow to support advertisement.
· Cases with messengers that accept a new logo.
· Offers common marketable items.
· Increase your awareness of leading a better lifestyle.
· More funding.
· Providing natural products in the market to fulfill customer needs.
· Rising in healthy lifestyle awareness through employee’s loyalty.
· Increased sponsorship through gaining more market share (Muth and Zive, 2020).
· Competition in market while offering natural products
· Increased in sponsorship can fulfill the capital requirement for advertisement.
· Increasing awareness will help company in increasing brand awareness.
· Competition from previous industry segments.
· The impacts of the crisis in a crisis that will make individuals spend less.
· Companies that offer other items for medical benefits
· Lack of ability to offer borders to customers (Ginter, Duncan and Swayne, 2018).
· Selling quality products can minimize the competition and avoid adopting discount strategy to attract customers for Tony Ferguson.
· The worldwide operations of the company can reduce the threat of competition in health benefits product (Academic Pr., 2017).
· Less availability of retailers for product promotion can increase the competition in preexisting markets.
· In the absence of discounts to the user can create the issues like consumers will find it difficult to accept the brand.
· Other health products deliver by companies can grab the market share of Tony Ferguson in the absence of advertisements by the company.
Based on above analysis, it can be concluded that Tony Ferguson has huge opportunity available to expand its business by adopting product differentiation strategy. It has also an advantage over other competitors in terms of positive buyer behavior for its protein shake.
Academic Pr. (2017). Social and administrative aspects of pharmacy in developing countries: present challenges and future solutions. http://public.ebookcentral.proquest.com/choice/publicfullrecord.aspx?p=5108510.
Business Jargons (2021). Micro environment. Retrieved from: https://businessjargons.com/micro-environment.html
Canster blue (2021). Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Program Review. Available at: https://www.canstarblue.com.au/health-beauty/brands/tony-ferguson-weight-loss-programs/#:~:text=The%20Tony%20Ferguson%2012%2DWeek,Practising%20Dietitian%20and%20Personal%20Trainer. [Accessed on 10th March 2021]
Claessens, M. (2015). The macro environment – six forces in the environment of a business. Retrieved from: https://marketing-insider.eu/macro-environment/
East, R., Singh, J., Wright, M., &Vanhuele, M. (2017). Consumer behaviour : applications in marketing (3rd ed.). SAGE.
Eckerle, C. (2017). Inbound Marketing: How nutrition brand Vega empowered employees to build friendships with customers. Retrieved from: https://www.marketingsherpa.com/article/case-study/Vega-friendships-with-customers
Farroq, U. (2017). Micro Environment Definition, Factors & Example. Retrieved from: https://www.marketingtutor.net/micro-environment-definition-factors-example/
Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2018). Strategic management of health care organizations (Eighth, Ser. Online access with dda: askews (medicine). John Wiley & Sons.
Kellow, J., (2021). Tony Ferguson: Weight Loss Phase. Retrieved from: https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/reviews/tony-ferguson-weight-loss.htm
Kiron, M. (2019). Company background and swot analysis of forever 21 (1. Auflage). GRIN Verlag
Kostelijk, E. (2017). The influence of values on consumer behaviour : the value compass. Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.
Kostelijk, E., & Alsem, K. J. (2020). Brand positioning : connecting marketing strategy and communications. Routledge.
Mariani, G. (2017). M & a and value creation : a swot analysis. G. Giappichelli.
Marketing.net (2020). Micro environment. Retrieved from: https://www.learnmarketing.net/microenvironment.htm
Miller, R. K., Washington, K. D., & Richard K. Miller & Associates. (2017). Consumer behavior 2017-2018 (12th ed., Ser. Rkma market research handbook series). Richard K Miller & Associates.
Miller, R. K., Washington, K. D., & Richard K. Miller & Associates. (2019). Consumer behavior 2019-2020 (13th ed., Ser. Rkma market research handbook series). Richard K Miller & Associates.
Murray, K. B. (2013). The retail value proposition : crafting unique experiences at compelling prices. University of Toronto Press.
Murray, K. B. (2016). The American retail value proposition : crafting unique experiences at compelling prices. University of Toronto Press.
Muth, N. D., & Zive, M. M. (2020). Sports nutrition for health professionals (Second). F.A. Davis Company. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&db=nlabk&AN=2291983.
Nguyen, B., Melewar, T. C., & Hemsley-Brown, J. (Eds.). (2019). Strategic brand management in higher education (Ser. Routledge studies in marketing). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780429029301
Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y., Bernarda, G., & Smith, A. (2014). Value proposition design : how to create products and services customers want (Ser. Strategyzer series). John Wiley & Sons.
Schiffman, L. G., & Wisenblit, J. (2019). Consumer behavior (Twelfth). Pearson.
Statista. (2020). Interest in nutritional trends in the UK 2019, by type. Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1085340/nutritional-trends-in-the-uk/
Tony Ferguson, (2021). Featured Products. Retrieved from: https://www.tonyferguson.co.za/
Winget, L. (2017). What's wrong with damn near everything! : how the collapse of core values is destroying us and how to fix it. Wiley.
Download Samples PDF
- EVN301 Events Policy and Strategy Assignment
- Constitutional Law Assignment
- BSBOPS505 Manage Organisational Customer Service Assignment
- MIS301 Cyber Security Assignment
- HI5003 Economics for Business
- External Auditing Process and Its Stages Assignment
- COIT11226 System Analysis Assignment
- ENEM28003 Fluid Power Engineering Control Assignment
- MGT616 Global Management Assignment
- ITC508 Information Technology Assignment
- MIS604 Requirement Engineering Assignment
- NSG3NCI Chronic Illness Management Plan Assignment
- BSBSUS511 Develop Workplace Policy and Procedure Assignment
- Environmentally Conscious Building Assignment
- MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design Assignment
- HI6028 Taxation Theory Practice and Law Assignment
- BUS500 Business and Management Assignment
- BE284 Strategic Management Assignment
- HI5002 Finance for Business Assignment
- Finance Broking in Practice Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing