MIS604 Requirements Engineering Assignment Help
Individual/Group - Individual
Length 1500 words (+/- 10%)
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Demonstrate methods for eliciting, analyzing, documenting, and maintaining requirements in an organizational context.
b) Synthesize key principles of requirements management and communicate to stakeholders in order to solve problems.
Submission - Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday end of Module 2.2
Weighting - 25%
Total Marks - 100 marks
This Assessment requires you to respond to a case study. The same case study will be used for all three assessments so that you can develop insights into the different facets of Requirements Engineering.
For this assessment, you are required to produce an individual report of 1500 words (+/-10%) detailing a
requirements elicitation plan for the case organization. The report should contain the following:
1. A Stakeholder Engagement Plan detailing:
a. Stakeholder list
b. Areas of influence and Power mapped on a Power/Interest Grid
c. Definitions of the stakeholder’s power and interest.
2. An Elicitation Activity Plan detailing:
a. Four elicitation methods
b. An explanation of each method and why it has been selected
c. A tailored and customized example of the information gathering tool you will use for each method
d. Which stakeholders will be engaged for the elicitation activity and why?
Task Instructions for assignment help
1. Please read the attached MIS604_Assessment_Case Study.
2. Write a 1500 words (+/-10%) requirements elicitation plan for the case organization.
3. Review your subject notes to establish the relevant area of investigation that applies to the case. Re-read any relevant readings for module 1 and 2 for this subject. Perform additional research and investigation and select five additional sources in the area of elicitation methods to add depth to your explanation of method selection.
4. Plan how you will structure your ideas for your report and write a report plan before you start writing. The report does not require an executive summary or abstract.
5. Please structure the report as follows:
A professional custom title page with the subject code and subject name, assignment title, student’s name, student number and lecturer’s name an introduction (100-150 words) which will also serve as your statement of purpose for the report. This means that you will tell the reader what you are going to cover in your report. You will need to inform the reader of:
• The key concepts you will be addressing,
• What the reader can expect to find in the body of the report
The body of the report (1200-1300 words) will need to cover two specific areas:
• A Stakeholder Engagement Plan including:
i. Stakeholder list
ii. A Power/Interest Grid
iii. Definitions of each stakeholder’s power and interest
• An Elicitation Activity Plan.
i. Four elicitation methods
ii. An explanation of each method and why it has been selected
iii. A tailored and customized example of the information gathering tool you will use for each method
iv. Which stakeholders will be engaged for the elicitation activity and why?
The conclusion (100-150 words) will summarize any findings or recommendations that the report puts forward regarding the concepts covered in the report.
6. The report should use font Arial or Calibri 11 point, should be line spaced at 1.5 for ease of reading and page numbers on the bottom of each page. If diagrams or tables are used, due attention should be given to pagination to avoid loss of meaning and continuity by unnecessarily splitting information over two pages. Diagrams must carry the appropriate captioning.
7. You are strongly advised to read the rubric which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading the assignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
There are requirements for referencing this report using APA referencing style and it is expected that students reference any lecture notes used and five additional sources in the relevant subject area based on readings and further research. It is essential that you use the appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here http://library.laureate.net.au/research_skills/referencing
Submit Assessment 1 via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in MIS604 Requirements Engineering. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my own work. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure
Student Gigz Pty Ltd is a recently formed student start-up company in a university accelerator program in Adelaide. Their business focuses on ensuring that organizations can call on students, in short notice, to fulfil their short-term vacancies/ needs for specialized skills. Student Gigz Pty Ltd is building a web and mobile application combination. This application should allow organizations that require short term assistance to register for the service online to source students with the appropriate skills. The company will be funded by apro rata commission charged per hours worked by each student.
The web will be a portal for organizations s where they will be able to sign all contracts and undertakings and post listings for their short-term employment needs. They will be able to send job alters to students with the appropriate skills in their listing, who are able to work in their location via a message broadcast. The organizations will also be able to review student profile’s and send targeted message to students with the experiences in a specific area. The mobile application is designed as the primary student interface. Students will be able to create a profile where they will be able to select their skills from a pre-existing list as well as the locations where they are able to work. Typical jobs might include project support, accounting support, wireframing, high fidelity html prototyping and marketing.
Contact can be made post-matching for students to find out more about the job or the organisation to find out more about the student’s availability. Once the job is completed, payment can be made securely through the app. The organisation will also be able to rate and review the student. Your company has been engaged by Student Gigz (Pty Ltd) to help them with the requirements analysis for this project.
REQUIREMENTS ELICITATION REPORT
The practice of researching and inventing a system’s requirements from users, customers, and other stakeholders in requirements engineering is called requirements elicitation or requirement gathering. The statement need, feasibility, statement scope, list of users participating in the requirement elicitation constitutes the work product for the system.
In order to satisfy the people’s needs of the new solution while starting a project, requirements will need to be gathered. Given that stakeholders will be affected by the project’s results, the solution that is being developed will be expected by them. It is important to understand their needs and develop a deep knowledge of their expectations, interest, influence and impact on the project for ensuring satisfactory results.
Through this study, the researcher mainly aims to identify the stakeholders for the case of Student Gigz Pty Ltd. Moreover, the study also focuses on different elicitation methods that can be used by the stakeholder for this study.
1. Stakeholder Engagement Plan
a. Stakeholder List
Table 1: Stakeholder List for the proposed case study
(Source: Created by the author)
b. Areas of Influence and Power/Interest Grid
In a project, the top management, team members, manager, peers, resource manager, and internal customers constitute the internal stakeholders while the external customers, government, contractors and subcontractors, and suppliers constitute the external stakeholders. The various types of stakeholder matrices are: Power interest matrix, Stakeholder analysis matrix, Stakeholder Engagement Assessment matrix. One can determine who has high or low power to affect the project, and who has high or low interest when plotting stakeholders on a power/ interest grid. It is required to keep people with high power satisfied and people with high interest informed. In stakeholder management, the simple tool that helps in categorizing project stakeholders by the power and influence they have on the project is called the Power/Influence Grid or the Power/Influence Matrix. And the technique used for categorizing stakeholders based on their power or influence and interest in a project is called the Power-Interest Grid. Stakeholders can be identified by looking at the existing documentation, organizing workshops, developing ‘as is’ business process maps and simply talking to people within the business. In this case study the name of the stakeholders is: Robert Anderson, Eddie Murphy, Bill Burr, Lliza Shlesinger, Dave Chapelle, and Liza Peter (Baernholdt et al. 2018).
c. Definitions of stakeholder’s power and interest
In any project, it is found that stakeholder management is an essential concept. Managing the stakeholders can help in successful completion of the project. In this study, the researcher focuses on the case of Student Gigz Pty Ltd. which now tries to launch a short-term assistance service for the student. Once, the stakeholders for this study have been identified, it is now important to prioritize them (Nguyen, Mohamed & Panuwatwanich, 2018). Prioritization of stakeholders becomes easy with the help of Power/Interest Grid.
From the above list formulated by the researcher for identification of the stakeholders, power and interest for different stakeholders have been highlighted. As observed from the table, the power and interest of the project manager, both are high. That means, engaging the project manager in this case would be beneficial in fulfilling the requirements. At the same time, power and influence for business analysts is also high. Managing both these stakeholders closely is quite essential. On the other hand, the CEO of this company shows high power but less interest (Campagne & Roche, 2018). That means, putting enough work in with such kind of people is required for achieving satisfaction. The software developer of this project shows low power but high interest. So, providing adequate information to such people and talking constantly with them can help in ensuring that there are no major issues. Moreover, the accountant is less powered and also less interested. Again, monitoring the accountant is important. Security manager for the same project shows high power and high interest. This shows that Engagement of the security manager will allow in securing the application and hence data breaching is not possible.
2. Elicitation Activity Plan
a. Four Elicitation Methods
An elicitation method is a collection of data that is used to gather information from people in fields related to education, knowledge engineering, management and so on. There are four elicitation methods which include interviews, user observation, use cases and prototyping.
b. Explanation of each method and selection
Interviews are used for collecting data from a small group of people on a specific topic. Generally, there are two types of interviews: they are structured and unstructured. In structure interviews the questions are placed with multiple choice answers for each subject and people are given choice to answer according to their view point (Pacheco, García & Reyes, 2018). But, in unstructured interviews questions depend on answers based on previous questions, a fixed set of answers is not possible here.
User Observation- It is based on observing a user or group of users regarding their behaviour with the product which they use in their daily life. This method can give qualitative output.
Use Case- This method is used for identifying system requirements and is used for organizing it. Moreover, this method is based on interaction between users related to a particular topic.
Prototyping- Prototype method is a method used for development in software like a prototype is built, tested and reworked. Rework is done until an acceptable prototype is attained.
For the case of Student Gigz Pty Ltd, the researcher takes the help of Use case. This is considered to be the foremost method for elicitation activity plan as it helps in explaining the system process and provides ideas accordingly. It includes four elements like Actor, Stakeholder, Primary Actor, Preconditions, Triggers, Main Success Scenarios and Alternative Paths.
c. Example of information gathering tool
The information gathering tool used for interviews is Questionnaires. In this the questions are placed with multiple choice answers for each subject and people are given choice to answer according to their view point.
On-site observation can be used as the information gathering tool for observing users’ activity. It is used in identifying people, objects and the information that is collected through this method is used for noting.
Use Case can be developed using Case studies. This method can be used in identifying and organizing system requirements which is based on interaction between users related to a particular topic (Rafiq et al. 2017).
Sketch can be referred to as the information gathering tool for prototyping. It is providing a prototype with designs and animations which is convenient for users to understand data. But, this method requires artboards in a document.
d. Stakeholders involved for elicitation activity
Project Manager is responsible for planning, procurement, and execution related to the project. Project Manager helps its team members by guiding them the right path. They show their leadership qualities by hiring employers fit for the job. In this case, the project manager is responsible for conducting interviews with business analysts to identify the key requirements for the proposed solution.
Business Analyst and security manager is responsible for conducting research and provides analysis for optimal business operations and services, they do their jobs in an efficient and productive manner. It also includes coordination with different departments to develop functional services, setting goals and budgets, managing schedules, and establishing new projects to improve organisation’s performance (Tiwari & Rathore, 2017). In this case, the business analysts and security manager are responsible for observing the behaviour of the user and then identify the best services that can be provided to them.
Software Developers will here try to design the use case for the system. Through this, it would be easier to see how different actors are associated with this system and helping to organize the requirements. Apart from that, the software developer will also try to design the prototypes for the system. With the help of a prototype, it would be easier to test the overall concept or process.
From the comprehensive study, it can be said that stakeholder management is vital as this is the lifeline for effective completion of the project. There must be efficient involvement of stakeholders for the fulfilment of the project. Meanwhile, requirements elicitation is also required for completing the project. The overall study has been conducted by considering the case of Student Gigz Pty Ltd. This company wishes to introduce an application for the student that will help them in getting short-term assistance. With the help of this study, the researcher tried to focus on identifying the stakeholders and prioritizing them on the basis of their job roles. For the sake of prioritization, the stakeholder took the help of Power/Interest Grid. Moreover, here different techniques of elicitation have been discussed and then applied for different involved stakeholders. Along with that, here, the researcher also mentioned different information gathering tools for the mentioned techniques.
Baernholdt, M., Dunton, N., Hughes, R. G., Stone, P. W., & White, K. M. (2018). Quality measures: A Stakeholder analysis. Journal of nursing care quality, 33(2), 149-156. Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://journals.lww.com/jncqjournal/Fulltext/2018/04000/Quality_Measures__A_Stakeholder_Analysis.10.aspx
Campagne, C. S., & Roche, P. (2018). May the matrix be with you! Guidelines for the application of expert-based matrix approach for ecosystem services assessment and mapping. One Ecosystem, 3, e24134. Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01785010/
Nguyen, T. S., Mohamed, S., & Panuwatwanich, K. (2018). Stakeholder Management in Complex Project: Review of Contemporary Literature. Journal of Engineering, Project & Production Management, 8(2). Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tuan_Son_Nguyen/publication/326801226_Stakeholder_Management_
Pacheco, C., García, I., & Reyes, M. (2018). Requirements elicitation techniques: a systematic literature review based on the maturity of the techniques. IET Software, 12(4), 365-378. Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/iet-sen.2017.0144
Rafiq, U., Bajwa, S. S., Wang, X., & Lunesu, I. (2017, August). Requirements elicitation techniques applied in software startups. In 2017 43rd Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) (pp. 141-144). IEEE. Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8051340/
Tiwari, S., & Rathore, S. S. (2017). A methodology for the selection of requirement elicitation techniques. arXiv preprint arXiv:1709.08481. Retrieved on 8th March 2021 from: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8051340/
Download Samples PDF
- HCT343 Research Methods and Data Analysis in Healthcare Assignment
- HVAC System Design Assignment
- Project Audit and Quality Assessment Models Assignment
- SITXINV001 Receive and Store Stock Assignment
- Gonocytes Coursework Assignment
- PBHL20009 Assessment Sample
- COIT20256 Data Structure and Algorithms Assignment
- EDUC8731 Motivation Cognition and Metacognition Assignment
- TSM11105 International Tourism Assignment
- PROJ6009 Business Process Management and System Assignment
- BUSN20016 Research in Business Assignment
- Advanced Network Design Assignment
- EDUC9136 Education Policy Politics and Practice Assignment
- MGN428 Developing Entrepreneurial Mindsets Assignment
- BE460 Organisation and Leadership in a Globalised World Assignment
- HI6006 Competitive Strategy Assignment
- HI5002 Finance for Business Assignment
- SAM11486 System Analysis and Modeling Assignment
- Recognitions Measurements and Disclosures of IAS 41
- MBA642 Project Initiation Planning and Execution Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing