BUGEN5930 Business, Society and The Planet Assignment Sample
As an individual, you are required to consider and submit your own responses to the following questions :
i. Identify and describe the two companies you have researched; their core business activities and the countries and/or industries in which they operate.
ii. What differences are evident between the two companies in terms of the range of issues dealt with in their social reports and the depth of coverage on specific issues? Please note – this question does not ask for a description or summary of the content of each company’s reports. Instead, you need to analyse the types of information, the major themes, the presentation, formatting and tone of each report – and explain the ways in which the reports are similar to each other and the ways in which they are different.
iii. Discuss which of the Sustainable Development Goals you believe are most relevant to these companies, their industries and the countries in which they operate. Discuss the extent to which these SDGs were addressed, explicitly or implicitly, in the CSR/Sustainability reports of your companies?
iv. Based on your analyses of your companies’ sustainability/CSR reporting, identify in which Sustainability Phase/s (Dunphy, Griffiths & Benn) each of your companies sit. Explain your reasons for these assessments.
v. Discuss the extent to which the social reports provided by these companies reflect their stated values.
vi. Briefly reflect on your group’s discussions of these companies. In what ways did the ideas presented by your group confirm your own conclusions, influence your thinking and/or present another perspective to you? Please note: this question does not ask for a summary of what your group decided or who said what. This requires reflection on how your thinking, understandings and perceptions developed through your engagement with your group.
This report consists of two companies from different countries that determine their business sustainability and development. The companies considered are NESTLE and TATA Consumer products, processing changes in the business management system in terms of sustainability. The report for assignment help overviews the business activities, performance issues, social report, strengths and weaknesses of the companies, range of issues, depth of issues, sustainable development goals, and more. It also involves the social, environmental, and economic impacts of the business. It analyzes the changes and improvements required in the business management system. It results in a better understanding and development of the business management system.
Identification of the Companies
The two companies that serve the most sustainable development are Nestle and TATA Consumers Products. Nestle and TATA consumer products both fall in the category of Food and Beverage industry. The food and beverage industry is the topmost platform that reflects the most sustainable development than other industries. Nestle is an Australian brand whereas TATA Consumer Products is a UK-based company. Environmental impacts are the relevant social report or performance issues similar for both the companies.
Core Business Activities
The core business activities of food and beverage companies such as Nestle and TATA Consumers Products are production, distribution, procession, conversion, preservation, preparation, transportation, certification, and packaging.
The operational activities of Food and Beverage companies such as Nestle and TATA Consumer Products are maintained by providing quality food and beverages, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, professional, hygienic, and attentive service, value for money items, retaining existing customers, and bringing new ones (BOAKYE et al., 2019).
Social Reporting or Performance Issues
The social or performance issue of Nestle and TATA consumer products is to maintain the environmental impacts and precaution issues.
• The main aim of the food and beverage industry is to deliver nutritionally superior products and efficient communication with the consumer in terms of nutrition, health, and wellness.
• In terms of environmental facts, the companies are also focusing on the availability and accessibility of the water and the impacts of the climatic changes.
• The organizational approach in terms of agricultural sources and supplier development.
• Operations in terms of employees’ efficiency.
Similarities and Differences in two Companies
In terms of similarities between Nestle and TATA Consumer Products, they both provide an efficient collaborating team for appropriate business development and sustainability. Both the companies have an appropriate business planning and management system. The stakeholders within the companies are pursued with efficient communication and leadership skills that support the employees in elaborating and understanding the requirement and needs of the project leading to better organizational development. Moreover, they do not follow the decision-making processes but deliver a proper working environment and balance within the organization.
The differences between the two companies are, that Nestle relies on long-term development and short-term profit whereas TATA consumer products depend on long-term investment and development.
Both the companies have presented their social reports considerably. They have categorized the report in terms of social, environmental, and economic impacts. The section completely visualizes the importance and necessity of the social report in the Food and Beverage industry. It results in a better understanding of the organizational benefits by the consumers and leads to better productivity of the companies which eventually improves the sustainability of the company.
In case of Nestle, they have categorized the impacts in terms of headings and further subheadings. As a result, it is difficult to study, analyze and understand. The organization requires presenting the report in terms of the level of consumer understanding (Hamann et al., 2014). Nestle has covered the social performance issues in detail. The report is informative and consists of all the impacts required.
In the case of TATA Consumer Product, it is supplied in the form of appropriate arrangements. It is visualized with graphs, diagrams, and efficient structural form. TATA Consumer Products completely visualizes the depth of the coverage in a basic form. It gradually results in it in better understanding of the requirement provided by the organization (Bennett et al., 2017). The arrangement will lead to better consumer satisfaction and experience.
Critical Analysis of the Companies
Strengths of Nestle
• Provides large distribution and supplier system.
• Efficient R&D system.
Weakness of Nestle
• Inappropriate control and organizational culture
• Unhealthy products
Strengths of TATA Consumers Products
• High Piotrowski Score
• Increase in Net Cash Flow and Operating activities
Weakness of TATA Consumers Products
• Labour intensive company and associated with issues
• Concentration risks in every product
Range of Issues Covered and Depth of the Coverage
The range of issues covered in terms of social, environmental, and economic impacts serves the organizations in terms of sustainable growth and development.
Table 1: Social Impacts on NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products
(Source: Developed by Author)
Table 2: Environmental Impacts on NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products
(Source: Developed by Author)
Table 3: Economic Impacts of NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products
(Source: Developed by Author)
Sustainable Development Goals
CSR/ Sustainability Report
In terms of Nestle, the main aim is to focus on enhancing the quality and providing a healthier future for long-term success. In terms of sustainable development goals, the organization also focuses on improving the supply chain management system in terms of manufacturing, packaging, and carbon-neutral brand. It leads the organization to better organizational growth and development.
In terms of TATA Consumer Products, the organization is associated with initiatives and programs based on sustainable sourcing, waste management, natural source management, community development, circular economy, and climatic leadership (Singh et al., 2016).
The goals are relevant in terms of business development, sustainability and growth (Vartiak, 2016). Nestle and TATA Consumer Products are the Food and Beverage industries and have operated their service and products in several countries. NESTLE has exported its contribution of products to Africa, Asia, Argentina, Asia, Oceania, Australia, Europe, and Austria (Wolf, 2014). On the other hand, TATA Consumer Products has contributed its resources to UK, America, Canada, India, Australia, the Middle East, and Poland. The distribution of sectors in different countries results in raising the productivity of the company and its sustainability.
Identification of key SDG’s
The key SDGs of both the companies, NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products is
• To meet the social, environmental, and economic impacts.
• Customers’ satisfaction and experience.
• Employee training and stakeholders’ engagement
• No compromise in terms of the quality of the product.
• Appropriate business planning and development.
The organizations, Nestle and TATA Consumers Products require efficient project planning and management systems to meet the demands. In terms of meeting the social, environmental, and economic impacts, the organization requires investments and the elimination of products. For further sustainable development of the companies, they should have an effective organizational culture.
Extent of Addressing SDG’s
The organizations, Nestle and TATA Consumer Products have explicitly demonstrated their SDGs. They have visualized the needs and necessity of the impacts in business management and real-life scenario (Miah et al., 2015). Moreover, it evaluates the purpose of introducing the impacts on the environment and how it is supporting the environment. On the other hand, it also demonstrates the reasons for terms of sustainable growth of the organization (Das, 2018).
Identification of the Sustainability Phases
NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products both focuses on sustaining the business. The organization must focus on the environmental, social and economic impacts in terms of customers’ satisfaction and maintaining healthy and safety guidelines for employees. Moreover, the sustainable phase’s model determines the step wise processes in terms of business sustainability. It consists of rejection, non-response, compliance, efficiency, proactivity and sustaining organization.
Figure 1: Sustainability Phase Model
(Source: Benn et al., 2014)
Reflection on Companies Stated Values
The report reviewed and analyzes that in what position, the shareholders of the company wants to their firm in the upcoming generation. In terms of TATA Consumer Products, it is visualized that development of environmental products with the use of renewable energy sources has highlighted the organization in terms of modernization. The report reflects the values in terms of the products and media releases are environmental. It further leads to further customer’s satisfaction and sustainable growth.
On the basis of NESTLE, with a highly competitive oligopoly is focusing on manufacturing environmental friendly products. The report further highlights the values around social sustainability. The organization also focuses on the strategies that may respond the social trends and an environmental issue further emerges in future.
Approaches to Social Responsibilities and Sustainability
Nestle promotes the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) policy to create better livelihood opportunities. It improves nutrition awareness and focuses on the education of the girl’s child. NESTLE in terms of sustainable development goals is to prevent poverty, inequality, pollution, and the indignation of climate change.
TATA Consumer products in terms of social responsibilities promote education, livelihoods, water and sanitation, skill development, healthcare and strengthening services, and rural development (Mokhtar et al., 2016). In terms of sustainability, it provides better sourcing, the planet, communities, and nutrition.
Personal Reflection and Understanding
In this report, I have analyzed and discussed about the impacts of environment. In this research, I have also identified the sustainable phases that help the organization in improving the management system and promote sustainable growth. Moreover, I have also learned the overview and application of sustainable development goals that helps me in identifying the organizational goals for sustainable growth and development. However, the overall report has helped me in determining personal development plan that includes critical thinking, and primary research.
The organizations NESTLE and TATA Consumers Products focus on measuring and reporting the shared values, sustainability, and compliances. They provide efficient communication within the organization to provide efficient organizational growth and development. They are based on precautionary principles such as climate change and waste management and community development.
The report provides the change in the business management system in terms of environmental, social, and economic impacts. It overviews the social report of two companies such as NESTLE and TATA Consumer Products. A perfect demonstration of the organization, its requirements, and demands for the changes are also visualized. The organization provides proper planning in terms of growth and development.
Download Samples PDF
- Stock Based Compensation Plans Assignment
- Igloo Construction Essay Assignment
- Finance Broking in Practice Assignment
- Implement and Monitor Transport Logistics
- MBA505 Business Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Assignment
- MBM BST 713 Analysing Financial Performance Assignment
- COIT20256 Data Structure and Algorithms Assignment
- Environmentally Conscious Building Assignment
- Auditing Coursework Assignment
- PBHL20003 Social Epidemiology and Statistics Assignment
- MBA633 Real world Business Analytics and Management Assignment
- Constantina Case Study Adult Female Marathon Runner Assignment
- Wind Turbine Power Production Estimation for Better Financial Agreements
- MBA5007 Managing Strategy and Innovation Assignment
- MGT610 Organisational Best Practice Assignment
- MKTG10001 Principles of Marketing Assignment
- BULAW5914 Commercial Law Assignment
- MGT501 Business Environment Report
- Risk Return and Capital Asset Pricing Model Assignment
- MGT603 Systems Thinking Assessment 3
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing