MITS5002 Software Engineering Methodology Assignment Sample
In this assessment students will work individually to develop Software Specification document. Carefully read the associated CASE STUDY for this assessment contained in the document MITS5002CaseStudy.pdf. From this Case Study you are to prepare the following:
1. Given the MITS5002CaseStudy.pdf, what SDLC Model would you use to develop the associated software. You will need to justify your answer. Outline the advantages and disadvantages your SDLC model would have over other SDLC models that could be utilized in developing the software.
2. Discuss the techniques from the case study that you would use to gather the requirements.
3. Develop a Specification Document based on the given case study. The document should have the following sections. However, you could add other topics based on your assumptions.
Your report must include a Title Page with the title of the assessment and your name and ID number. A contents page showing page numbers and titles of all major sections of the report. All Figures included must have captions and Figure numbers and be referenced within the document. Captions for figures placed below the figure, captions for tables placed above the table. Include a footer with the page number. Your report should use 1.5 spacing with a 12-point Times New Roman font. Include references where appropriate. Citation of sources is mandatory and must be in the IEEE style.
In order to manage all the learning related activities and documents, XYZ company has decided to develop an e-learning platform. After a successful development and implementation of the, the platform will be able to perform a number of activities including course management, system administration, videoconferencing and collaboration. In this report, all the major aspects of the system development including scope identification, feasibility analysis, stakeholder identification, requirement specification, use case modelling and context modelling will be illustrated. Based on the company requirements, all the necessary documentations will be done in this paper. A comprehensive software engineering methodology will be conducted in this task. However, the use case and context models will be developed by using visio diagramming tool.
Within a software company, the SDLC is a method used for software projects. It comprises of a thorough plan outlining how to create, maintain, update, and modify or improve particular software. The life cycle outlines an approach for assignment help enhancing both the general process of creating software and the final product in terms of quality. In this task, the initial phase of SDLC will be illustrated including requirement gathering, use case modelling, context modelling, stakeholder identification and others . Based on the planning phase of any software project, the complete project is conducted by the project team members. In this task, SDLC methods for e-learning platform building will be illustrated.
Requirement Gathering Strategy
In order to build a particular system, all the major requirements must be gathers in the planning phase. This task is about the development of e-learning platform by XYZ company. In the given case study, all the major requirements including functional, technical, or non-functional have been given. On the other hand, a brief qualitative research on the given problem context will also be conducted from different secondary sources . In this context, few assumptions on the system development will also be done. After gathering all the major requirements, further planning will be conducted.
a. Executive summary
In this task, a brief analysis on requirement specification of an e-learning platform development has been conducted. The system will be able to perform multiple activities including enrolment, course management, communication, data storage and others. There are five major modules will be available into the system including system admin, course management, collaboration and video conferencing, electronic register and anti-plagiarism. In this paper, all the major requirement of the system have been identified. Depending on the system requirements, few assumptions and feasibility study have been done.
b. Scope and feasibility analysis
Few scope for the system have been identified that are given in the below points:
- The system would to be able to establish user groups for collaboration, communication, and content sharing.
- Administrators can choose the look and feel of the websites for various campuses, as well as from a variety of graphical user interfaces.
- A opportunity to provide users alternative roles and permissions, as well as control access to diverse e-resources inside the system .
- Plagiarism checking could also be included for both the students and institutions on the platform.
Feasibility analysis for the system has been conducted in terms of below aspects:
- Technical feasibility: Few new technologies for system development could be easily implemented by the developed team. JAVA, C++, DBMS, SQL, and many other techniques could be easily utilized .
- Operational feasibility: The goal of the project is quite clear. Therefore, the operational tasks and activities can be easily scheduled by the team members. However, a variety of operations could be done through this platform which is quite feasible.
- Legal feasibility: In terms of legal feasibility, all the necessary documents and papers can be developed by the project team members.
This system development project if quite feasible in terms of the above three aspects.
In this section, all the major stakeholders of the e-learning platform have been identified in the below table:
In the above table, all the major stakeholders for this project have been identified.
d. Requirement specification
In this section, all the major requirements of the system have been discussed:
- Functional Requirements
1. Students should be able to access materials from other webpages using the interface.
2. Restrictions on disc space ought to be capable of being set by system administrators for particular individuals, organisations, and courses.
3. The system should enable for the posting of notices that are open to all students or by giving relevant individuals particular access permissions .
4. Accessibility of included tools for encouraging student involvement in the educational process, such as platform for developing and managing comment sections, podcasts, content sharing, and notebooks.
- Non-functional Requirements
1. Productivity increasing for both the students and employees of the institutions is a major non-functional requirement.
2. Up to a million active users must become able to access the system concurrently, and more options should be available.
3. It should be possible to reach the platform over the network using HTTP or https, and it should be distributed remotely on one or more machines .
4. For accessible and secured areas, it should feature an internet user and management interfaces.
5. To make it simpler for them to access and utilise, the system should be modified for those who have visual impairments.
1. An advanced learning environment should be available to the users.
2. All the users will be able to build a proper communication channel through the learning platform.
3. Future improvement must be enabled into the system.
In order to develop the system, few assumptions have been made that are given below:
- The system will be used by the students, teaching staffs, admin, university management, third party service providers.
- All the data and information of the system will be stored into the cloud based storage devices.
- In terms of security checking for new websites, automatic virus scanning facility will be included into the platform.
- The system will be cost effective for both the XYZ company and third party service providers.
f. Use cases
In the above figure, the use case diagram of e-learning platform has been developed. All the major actors and use cases have been shown in the above figure .
Description of the use cases are given below:
Description of each use case has been given in this section:
- Registration: Through this use case, users will be able to logged in into the system. Details of the users will be given during registration phase through this module.
- Course tracker: All the course related activities could be done by the users through this module. Submission of documents or marks checking could be done through this section.
- Interface: This is the main use case which will give access to each of the actors. The system admin will be able to manage each activities through this portal.
- Reward management: Students will be able to handle their financial rewards through this module. Any kind of fees or dues could be paid through the use case.
- Communication: In order to establish communication through video calling or messaging, this portal could be used by the users. By using their user name, students will be able to make communication with administration.
- Plagiarism Checker: In order to check similarity score of any assignment, both teaching staff and students will be able to use the plagiarism checker.
In this section, all the major description of use cases have been given. The system will be developed based on the users requirement and actors specification.
g. Context model
A context model gives the complete overview on the activities performed by the actors and system. All the necessary process and activities are identified in the context model. In this section, the context model of e-learning platform has been developed. This gives a brief description of each activities and operations performed into the learning platform.
Figure 2: Context modelling
In the above figure, a context diagram of e-learning platform has been created. All the major activities and process have been identified. Relation between different process and system has also been illustrated . Based on the system requirement, this context diagram has been developed. A cloud based data storage devices has also been installed into the figure. Institute management and service providers will have direct access to the cloud based storage.
Download Samples PDF
- MCR004A Accounting System and Process Assignment
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations Assignment
- LST2001 Introduction to Business and Company Law Assignment
- BSB40215 Diploma Certificate IV in Business
- MANU1381 Sustainable Engineering Systems and Environment Assignment
- OPM400 Production and Operations Management Assignment
- ACCT20080 Governance and Ethics Assignment
- FIN921 Impact of CSR on Corporate Performance Assignment
- Research and Data Modelling Assignment
- BULAW5914 Commercial Law Assignment
- PPMP20009 Project Management Report
- COIT11226 System Analysis Assignment
- Accounting Coursework Assignment
- ICT80008 Professional Issues in IT Assignment
- MBA652 Strategy and Leadership in Tourism and Hospitality
- Big Data and Analytics Assignment
- ECO500 Economics for Business Assignment
- FINC20023 International Financial Management Assignment
- AC7026 Master of Public Health Nutrition Assignment
- IND301B Industry Project Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing