MKT60010 Marketing Management Assignment Sample
Assignment: Case Analysis
Aim: This assignment aims to assess ULOs 1, 2, and 3 for the unit of study.
Nature of assessment: Individual
Word limit: 2,500 words
Tesco in China: How could things go so wrong?
Case study link - https://www.neilsonjournals.com/JIBE/JIBEpromos/TescoinChina14P.pdf
TESCO is a well-known organization across the world, it deals with variety of goods ranges, however in China it failed terribly. There were many reasons of the failure of TESCO in China, one of
the key reasons were poor marketing and change in retail sector landscape in China. This study will focus on the Tesco, a big British multinational retailer's experience in China. Tesco's goal of actively participating into to the Chinese market did not succeed, considering the market's overall health and other favourable factors. The case focuses on the dynamic nature of the Chinese retail industry and the difficulties that companies like Tesco are encountering there. This example might be used by international business, marketing, and strategy professors to illustrate the difficulties of operating in China's rising market, where the battle for market share is fierce from both foreign and domestic firms.
The study will focus on key marketing issues & macro environment analysis including the PESTLE analysis of TESCO in china leading to threats and opportunities, further target customers and their behaviour along with the marketing mix & its 7Ps will be discussed to establish coherence of the marketing mix and target customers & Integration of the key and relevant marketing concepts. Further Survey will be conducted in order to attain the thoughts of people on failure of TESCO in china, lastly
2 key matrices for marketing and the justification of the choices will be done.
TESCO have faced a sever failure in the China and its marketing strategy failed due to number of factors, such as strict laws of China, cultural and community issues of China, poor marketing strategies and lack of conducting analysis for the customer segment.
Macro-environment analysis using the PESTLE framework
The success of a company is heavily influenced by macroenvironmental factors. Shareholders may be able to spot new trade opportunities, increase the size of the firm's inventory, and broaden their reach into existing and potential markets by keeping an eye on these macro-environmental variables, which affect the demand for a company's goods. Tesco, with headquarters in the United Kingdom, is only one of many multinational corporations that takes use of macroenvironmental elements in its international business operations.
Table 1: PESTLE Analysis
Opportunities and threats imposed on TESCO’s operation in the Chinese market
Table 2: Threats & opportunities
Target customers and their behaviours
Target customer segment
The key customer targeted by TESCO is the young ones and the middle-class family who loves to have the best quality goods and food at an affordable process.
Demographics- Male, female, kids
Marketing Mix strategy for Tesco
Product- Food, clothes, stationery, cosmetics, gadgets, financial services, and more are just some of the many categories that Tesco caters to. With a constantly growing selection of goods, it meets the needs of each buyer. It offers a wide variety of categories stocked with top-quality brands. It also manufactures its own goods. Tesco has many of its own labels, such as Everyday Value, Tesco Value, and F&F Clothing. However, it's important to note that the kind of establishments clients frequent determines the variety of product categories that are available to them.
Price- Every store, but notably those in China, appears to have the greatest trouble with its pricing approach. In light of regional differences in purchasing power and price sensitivity, stores should set their own pricing. TESCO Offering products at discounted prices has the potential to rapidly boost sales. An intricate process for maintaining profit lies behind the seemingly inexpensive pricing (Woohyoung et al., 2020). The market reference price, incentives, and promotional activities are three major contributors to the pricing process. Tesco offers competitive prices, however, the quality of its items is compromised.
Promotion- The widespread use of many forms of marketing is remarkable. Increasing TESCO's prominence in consumers' minds via consistent advertising campaigns increased the brand's perceived value. Tesco has to include a greater share of new media in its advertising plan, including instant messaging, Weibo, movies, Weixin, and public transportation. Tesco opts for a more conventional approach to advertising and pays little attention to the ascendance of new media (Khanta and Srinuan, 2019).
Place- A recent study found that choosing a good market location is the single most crucial aspect of a successful retail business. TESCO should not only consider the physical location but also the political, economic, social, and cultural factors as well. the financial might of each area and the kind of enterprise that will thrive there. The location's accessibility makes for promising prospects. Also, Tesco would do well to target smaller urban centers in an effort to expand its customer base (Tian, 2020).
People- the key targeted customers of TESCO are people who are cost conscious, it is well known that TESCO offers the facilities at affordable costs which makes it a promisingly desirable supermarket.
Process- A business process is a predefined series of steps used by an organization to complete a certain job, such as fulfilling an order placed by a client. To complete a purchase at a physical Tesco shop, consumers simply retrieve their items and go to the cash register. They may also utilise automated teller machines (ATMs) to settle their bills (Hanaysha et al., 2021).
Physical evidence- Included in the category of "physical evidence" or "environment" are things like furniture, aprons, menus, brochures, logos, postcards, reports, signs, and equipment. Tesco's logo is fantastic, and the company makes clever use of colour. The merchandise at offline businesses are well organised, making it simple for shoppers to locate what they're looking for. The Tesco website is equally impressive in its design and use (Rahman, 2018).
Figure 1: 7Ps of the marketing mix
(Source: Brooks, 2020)
Marketing research to gauge Chinese customers’ purchase-related decisions
1. Are the new Laws and regulations of Chinese government concerns with the marketing of TESCO?
Figure 2: Survey 1
2. Does integrating the marketing mix with the old marketing strategies will improve TESCO’s customer base?
Figure 3: Survey 3
3. Will the digital marketing of the TESCO in china bring improvement in the market and ROI?
Figure 4: Survey 3
4. Is poor marketing and not following the culture of China and its community the key reason for TESCO failure in china?
Figure 5: Survey 4
5. Will the rise of E-commerce affect other industries?
Figure 6: Survey 5
6. Will the introduction of TESCO in the industry of China or in the market of China lead to the competition?
Figure 7: Survey 6
7. Is the implementation the digital platforms and technology in TESCO a sustainable approach?
Figure 8: Survey 7
8. Does the consumer purchasing habits and TESCO not doing proper analysis and research the key reason for TESCO failure in China?
Figure 9: Survey 8
9. Will the late entry into the retail market of china affect the growth of TESCO?
Figure 10: Survey 9
10. Is it necessary to conduct a market analysis of the old failure of TESCO failure and segment the customer base?
Figure 11: Survey 10
The result analysis of marketing casestudy assignment help has shown that people in the favor of TESCO must conduct marketing research before entering into the China market of retail and the old marketing strategies, as well as Chinese laws and regulations, have created a severe hindrance in the TESCO business. Hence, TESCO must come up with an extraordinary strategy this time to avoid the loss and follow all the guidelines of the Chinese government made for the retail industry.
2 KEY MARKETING METRICS TO MEASURE MARKETING STRATEGY SUCCESS
Metrics in marketing for TESCO are parameters tracked by professionals to assess how well their efforts are doing. These metrics may help TESCO assess how well TESCO marketing is influencing customers to do the desired activities and ultimately create revenue. Marketers are experimenting with new strategies to connect with the digital-first demographic. Consequently, they feel compelled to diversify the parameters by which their marketing campaigns are evaluated.
As, TESCO has severely failed in the China and is now looking forward to establish their market into the China, they are also coming up with the digital marketing strategies and engagement of the digital platform in order to align with the Chinese culture and personalised services. For such scenario, the 2 key marketing matrices are as mentioned below-
1. (Retention matrix) Return of investment- this will indicate how much TESCO has invested and the gain it acquired against its investment in the Chinese market.
a. Customer churn- That's the pace at which consumers cease purchasing or paying. Especially important for premium account businesses.
b. ROI Growth in existing customers- If this measure goes up, it means that TESCO's marketing and sales efforts are successfully persuading clients to buy from the business more often or spend more money overall. Instead, if there's a fall, it has to be looked into and fixed right away.
c. Net promoter score- This indicator informs TESCO how inclined a consumer is to promote business products or services to others using a scale between -100 to +100 (a rating of 1-10) (Valve and Meter, 2018).
2. E-mail marketing matrix- One of the most effective methods to contact and interact with your target audience is via email. TESCO Marketers may evaluate the success of the email marketing by looking at things like-
a. Email open rates- Open rate is the ratio of email opens to total receivers. An engaging subject line increases open rates.
b. Bounce rate- It's the number of undeliverable emails. Hard bounces (false or non-working addresses) and soft bounces (limited difficulties) must be assessed to improve subscription lists.
c. Click through rate- Higher CTRs suggest good email text, design, CTAs, etc.
d. New subscriptions- Subscriptions trends may effectiveness uncover brand engagement drivers. This digital advertising statistic helps direct email promotion and marketing (Salesforce, 2021).
Justification of choosing these 2 metrices
In the world of digitalisation, it is known that TESCO is looking to expand its business through digital platforms however, China has banned the internet.
Nevertheless, it has introduced its internet explorer and TESCO can used for marketing. These marketing strategies are the most effective one, as they both will offer the measures for ROI of TESCO and further through the analysis and the results, TESCO will be able to develop new strategies. Email marketing metrics will help in analysing the customer base (interested and non-interested people).
Download Samples PDF
- ENT201 Sales and Negotiation Strategies Assignment
- Is AI Taking Over the Work of Financial Analysts
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in The Workplace Assignment
- HAGE20005 Health Promotion For Healthy Ageing
- PROJ6000 Principles of Project Management Assignment
- The Field of Nuclear Physics Assignment
- TACC602 Accounting for Business Assignment
- SYAD310 Systems Analysis and Design Assignment
- COIT20245 Introduction To Programming Assignment
- 7140SOH Health Policy in Organisations and Systems Assignment Sample
- 3155IBA Operational Management Assignment
- MBA643 Project Initiation Planning and Execution
- MBA600 Capstone Strategy Assignment
- CTEC104 Communication and Technology Assignment
- AC7026 Master of Public Health Nutrition Assignment
- DATA4000 Introduction to Business Analytics Assignment
- MIC11108 Drug Delivery System
- IND301A Industry Consulting Project Assignment
- BSBLDR601 Lead and Manage Organizational Change Assignment
- PBHL20001 Understanding Public Health Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing