7069SOH Global Healthcare Management Report
Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of resource planning and management in a health system you are familiar focusing on the following key areas:
1. Priority setting and decision-making processes
2. Workforce planning and development
3. Human resource and talent management
Conclude your evaluation with recommendations for improvement of the health system in each of the three key areas.
3000-word individual report addressing Learning Outcomes 2 -4
This assessment component counts for 15 credits
In 3000 words, addressing learning outcomes 2-4, complete the following assessment
Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of resource planning and Management in a health system you are familiar with, focusing on the following key areas:
1. Priority setting and decision-making processes
2. Workforce planning and development
3. Human resource and talent management
Conclude your evaluation with recommendations for improvement of the health system in each of the three key areas.
Your individual report will be assessed using the HLS Faculty Postgraduate Assessment Marking Rubric and the coursework 2 assessment guidelines, which you will find in the appendices in the module guide.
For coursework 2 please comply with the following submission guidance:
It is important to you and the tutors that your project is written and presented in a professional manner. The following requirements must be adhered to in the format of assignments:
1. Your limit does allow for +/- 10% words in length. The limit includes words used in Tables, graphs, charts and diagrams, but excludes the front cover, references list and Appendices. If you exceed the word limit you will be penalized 10% from your mark
2. The front cover page - see appendix 4 for the template in the module guide.
3. The font type should be Arial and the font size for the body of the text 12 point.
4. One and a half (1.5) line spacing must be used.
5. All pages should be numbered consecutively, in the footer on the right.
6. Your student number should be in the footer on the left.
7. References, citations, and quotations should be in Coventry University APA Referencing only. Ensure that all statements and arguments are supported with reference to the evidence in the relevant literature.
8. Any diagrams, tables, photographic images etc. should be appropriately labelled and referenced.
The primary objective of the resource planning and management is to ascertain and achieve and suitable number, mix, and distribution of employees at a price that is affordable by the community. For Assignment help It should be noted that, resource planning and management consists of priority setting and decision-making procedure, workforce planning and advancement, and human resource and talent management (Baldwin, & Hamstead, Mark, 2015). In the present study, Ramsay health care is chosen and its management emphasizes on the connection among doctors and employees, providing a high quality of results for patients regarded as the most significant element of being at the forefront for its achievement. Further the weaknesses and strength in context of this is provided below and recommendation to the organization accordingly.
Overview of health system
Resource planning and management plays significant role as it is orderly procedure for sake of explaining and undertaking the methods with respect to health connected elements of the people and to abide through the values of professionalism (Abu Madi, 2018). In relation to the resource planning and management, critical analysis of the priority setting and decision making process, workforce planning and advancement, and human resource and talent management at Ramsay healthcare is explained. Further the Ramsay Australia owns 72 private hospitals and is the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. The operations performed by Ramsay include three public facilities and mental health related facilities. In addition to this the company has established a retail franchise network for Ramsay pharmacy which is supported by 59 or more pharmacies community. The health care centres in Australia admit around 1m patients on annual basis. Further the Ramsay employs around 31000 or more employees annually to its centers which are located in Europe, Asia etc (Ramsay healthcare, 2021). Company is committed to ongoing improvement in healthcare of individuals in each sector in some management elements like medical reimbursement, implementing more security to patients, and scanning models and safety. Ramsay healthcare acquires well reputed position across the globalized healthcare industries. They are engaged in providing efficiency and quality healthcare operations and keeping a superb record in caring of patient as well as hospital management.
Assessment of Current Key Approaches of Resource Planning and Management in the System
Priority setting and decision making procedure is defined as method of making decisions with respect to the manner in which organization allocate the restricted resources for improvement in the population health. At the Ramsay, effective priority setting is primary to creating resilient health system that could assists towards adoption and responding to the changing requirement of health needs and demands by individuals in effective way (Reed, & Ulrich, Dave, 2017). Further the company recognizes that its employees are essential resources which would help it to strives the improvement and excellent in its practices at workplace. Further this would also promote the healthy and positive harmonies at the centers where people would love to work. Therefore currently the strong focus of company is on its human resources and is representing unique workplace culture and values, also has embedded the ethos within the organization that “people caring for people”. Also the key business principle of the health care is to stay committed towards the safety and health of employees and other people visiting in the centre. In order to keep its journey continuously improving the company is committed towards- Monitoring, improving, Legislative compliance, consistent safe practice across our businesses, fostering a culture that empowers and encourages everyone, Being consultative and reviewing its measurable objectives and targets. Further the current approach of Ramsay towards its resource planning and management in the system is to deliver with diversity. The company delivers problem solving, innovative, decision making diversity through its people. Also polices, programs and procedures of its HR is currently reasonably practical and is inclusive to all the age groups. This diversification assists the strategic goals and objectives of the global value and sustainability. Further the company is also consistent in application of all the human and labor rights and laws in its operations (Susanto, et al 2020). The company commits at sustainable development for its people and also balances its global presence which helps in providing career development opportunities for the localities.
Evaluation of Strengths and Weaknesses
Ramsay is one of the leading firm in the industry has various strengths that it helping it to thrive in market place. The highly skilled workforce of the firm and successful training and learning programs is resulting in increased market share as well as penetrating in new markets. The organization is also employing over more 30000 employees annually which results in diversified skills and talent availability in the organization. Further the organization has successfully integrated with the technology companies in current years to build a reliable supply chain (Panik, 2019). The firm is currently focused on building new revenue stream through this which turns out as its strength. Also it track its record related to development and innovation in the resources successfully which helps it to make timely improvement in such resources (Cantoni, et al. 2018).
Workforce planning is the critical and strategic part of the resource planning and management in the system. It is meant to ensure that company is implementing all the HR functions and is delivering sustainable development to it workforce. Ramsay Health Care is notably proactive in deploying its human resources, but there seems to be some issues and potential problems turning out to be weakness for the organization. The main concern is towards the recruitment of new employees in the company. As there is an issue of ageing workforce within the organization, as sustainable no. of employees are older and have attain at their retirement age (Collings, & Szamosi, Leslie 2019). Yet there is no such group available to replace them, their skills and talent. Additionally the company is facing challenges in managing the new entrants and this is resulting in its loss of market share in niche categories. Further there is low level of current assets availability as compare to its liability and this would create issue in liquidity areas. In addition to this the poor diversification and performance appraisal programs at the company is resulting in low morale. Further this is due to recent development of low culture and politics regulations in the organization and hiring of more local people which is creating diversification issues (Crumpton, 2015).
RECOMMENDATION FOR IMPROVEMENT
In the current report, the concerning issue of organization that has not attained yet is the matter regarding the retention of its employees. Therefore the Ramsay is bound to face the potential issues in it employment due to the steps that have been taken to maintain employees who are 50 years and over (Baldwin, & Hamstead, 2015). This has resulted in high ratios of aging workforce in the organization as the maximum number of employees working in it has attained their retirement age and yet there is no such substitution for them is available (Leatherbarrow, & Fletcher, Janet, 2019). Keeping in mind such issues related to generational gaps, the option are provided to the organization to resolve this issues (Wehrmeyer, 2017). .
The main objective behind providing this recommendation is to suggest the Ramsay health care to incorporate the younger employee’s recruitment in the workforce to mitigate the issue of transitional gap in case the aged employees leave the organization (Friedman, et al, 2018). This would help them to maintain the generation gap too in the workforce. It could be done when embracing employee performance programs, the team must considers all the employees of various age groups instead of focusing on certain generation of employees. Within the duration of 6months to 1year such transition is to be done to fulfill the generation gap issue.
The strategic priority of the company is to provide with the improved outcomes for the current as well as future generation equivalently. Therefore the modern HRM managers of the organization must be tasked to sustain the workforce that allows easy transition of skills from a given set of employees to the other (Wickramasinghe, & Bodendorf, Freimut, 2020). This would help them to bridge the generation gap and the rate of compatibility would also increase at local as well as at national level.
Encouraging multi-generational team working by hiring from local region as well as from outside to improve the balance of diversification too (Chiva, 2021).
Set of clear cultural values- There are some fundamental difference in working patterns of the different generation. For instance the older people wishes to work for fixed duration and hours while the current generation prefers to work as per their convenience (Seropian, et al 2020). This issue could be resolved by set clear cultural objectives such as output and goal must be the concerning issue at the end not the time and location of work (Das Gupta, 2020).
Another option is, encouraging use of technology which drives collaboration (Davies, Malek, & Rushmer, Rosemary 2017).
Multi- generational workforce
At the national level, as per the world economic forum study states that investing in multi- generational workforce would help in raising GDP per capita almost by 19% in the coming three decades (Multi- generational workforce as a key to economic growth, 2021).
Clear cultural values as per the different generations-
These cultural values would help the organization to bind the workforce together and make a strong and united team (Journé, et al. 2020).
For the purpose of motivating the employees, keeping the morale and productivity of the organization and its employees high the employees who are under fifty’s must be included (Hall, 2019). The programs to establish such culture would steer the employee’s performance, which assists towards enhancement in cost (Nankervis, & Connell, Julia, 2020).
Stereotypes and discrimination
The multi- generational workforce could create discrimination around the age groups at the organization (Lawler, et al. 2018). The aged generation might perceive the younger one as oversensitive, open minded, while the younger one might perceive the aged generation as stubborn. This could easily disrupt the internal culture of the organization (Mateev, & Nightingale, Jennifer, 2020).
Provide educational trainings to the employees to boost understanding respect and provide them with the opportunities to reflect the generational differences. Working toward dispelling stereotypes can lead to a more harmonious work flow.
Apart from this, company should implement management tool such as SWOT analysis for betterment of resource planning and management –
On the basis of this, company can take action for responding on weaknesses and threats by utilizing its strength and opportunities (Journé et al. 2020)
Further, Ramsay can also implement PESTLE analysis, by which it could ascertain about external environmental factors that are affecting business activities.
Risk assessment and management analysis:
Apart from this, risk assessment and management analysis should be used by company for betterment of resource planning. There are five stages of risk assessment and management such as identification of risk, assess and prioritize risk, development of risk response strategies, implementation of strategies, and monitoring of risk.
Further, by the following manner, risk management strategies could be improvised by company –
• Building a transparent culture of company.
• Creation of safeguard for protection of employees from digital threats.
• Continuous monitoring of risk assessment.
• Building internal team to remain aware of trends.
• Link with external security resources.
• Development of contingency plan
In nutshell, it is concluded that Ramsay is a well reputed organization across the globalized healthcare industries. They are engaged in providing efficiency and quality healthcare operations and keeping a superb record in caring of patient as well as hospital management. In its workforce planning and development there are certain loopholes such as high ratios of aging workforce, lack of diversification etc. For them the organization id recommended to encourage the multi- generational workforce which would help them to increase the productivity as well as resolve the issue of generational gap in the organization (Ogunyemi, 2016).
At the Ramsay, effective priority setting is primary to creating resilient health system that could assists towards adoption and responding to the changing requirement of health needs and demands by individuals in effective way. Further in context of workforce planning and advancement the health and safety of the workers at the workplace is the major priority of the business culture. The company is committed to the safety issues for all the workers and other peoples entering in the organization whether they are patients, employees or any other individuals (Rey et al. 2019). In order to maintain their journey of improvement consistent the company is focused on followings commitments- continuously improving a model of consistent safe practice across our businesses, fostering a culture that empowers and encourages everyone to uphold these objectives and policies, being consultative and communicating with all key stakeholders, maintaining systems which add value etc. Everyone at the organization is encouraged to speak up and stand for their safety and health in case it is been violated or observed to be violated. Ramsay values its people and is delivering the services as per the terms and conditions of the employment and is further consistent in application of laws related to labor and human rights at its maximum. These policies requires the human resource managers of the organization or the risk chief officersto contract on terms and conditions that are consistent with the realization of those rights for each employee and which comply with or exceed regional minimum wage standards (Crumpton, 2015).Further the organization is committed in ensuring the flexible working hours for its employees, they focus on the fact that their people won’t have to work for excessive hours. Therefore in order to stick towards this commitment the organization regularly monitors and tries to reduce in case such excessive working hours are been noticed. The promotion of labor standards and norms in the regions where the organization is operating is done by them through representing and involving the key industrial and workforce bodies within the relevant jurisdiction.
Download Samples PDF
- SITXFSA002 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practice Instruction Assignment
- BST904 Creativity Innovation and Enterprise Assignment
- BSBWOR502B Ensure Team Effectiveness Assignment
- Research and Statistical Methods for Business
- PROJ6003 Risk and Communication Management Assignment
- BSBLDR801 Lead Personal and Strategic Transformation Assignment
- BUSN20016 Research in Business Assignment
- MGT604 Strategic Management Report
- MBA652 Strategy and Leadership in Tourism and Hospitality
- ECO500 Economics for Business Assignment
- Early Childhood Education Assignment
- MCR006 Financial Management Assignment
- MGT602 Business Decision Making Process Case Study
- Capstone A Applied Research Project in Public Health
- MIS500 Foundations of Information Systems Assignment
- Project Management Workshop Assignment
- LC3002 English For Academic Purpose Resit Information
- BIS2005 Enterprise Architecture Assignment
- ENGR9704 Engineering Management Assignment
- BSBFIN501 Manage Budget and Financial Plan Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing