MGT60040 Management Analyses and Problem Solving Assignment Sample
Your written report for assignment help should be 2500 words (+/- 10%) in length and will describe the analysis you have undertaken on the data you have gathered through news/media reports or research. You must use only secondary data sources.
What is required?
1. Identifies the problem properly and does a gap analysis of where the organization is at present and where it wants to be (performing SWOT analyses)
2. You should discuss the objectives or criteria that are most appropriate to the organization (for example cost; time; organizational capacity; etc.); You can formulate and present a means and fundamental objectives table.
3. You are advised to propose 4-5 distinct alternatives/options for closing the identified gap(s);
4. Analyse how well each alternative fares against the objectives/criteria chosen (including
objectives by alternatives table);
5. You need to provide a recommendation as to which alternative you suggest the client should choose. This should be done by performing/illustrating dominated alternatives and applying Evan swap technique to choose the best alternative. This can be illustrated in a table titled consequences table.
6. Discuss any risks, uncertainties and linked decisions associated with the chosen alternative.
7. Steps to implement the chosen alternative that helps close the gap between where the
organization is now and where it wants to be.
You are advised to write the report using business report format (https://swinburne.instructure.com/courses/44522/files/18000211?module_item_id=275531 ), incorporating Swinburne’s recommended APA referencing style guide.
This paper will shed light on Qantas as well as its operations. This report has identified some of the significant issues faced by the company along with its objectives. This study will also evaluate the company's functions and whether the company functions are following its objectives. A SWOT analysis will be done on Qantas to identify its weaknesses. Those have been evaluated further to identify alternatives Qantas could consider to mitigate the challenging factors and achieve the objectives. In order to help the organisation bridge the gaps between its goals and its actual situation, one solution has been selected to present to the client for further consideration. Risks, uncertainties, and linked decisions associated with the chosen alternative have been elaborated in brief. Finally, some steps have been shed light to implement the chosen alternative effectively.
1. Problems Based on SWOT
This section will highlight the four elements of the SWOT analysis of Qantas by focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
? Cost-efficient Operation
The company has been operating its functions in the market for over a century. Over these years, it has acquired experience saving operational costs to reflect through the generated revenues. For the last three years of its operation in the market, Qantas was able to save $2 billion in yearly costs (Heiets, Oleshko & Leshchinsky 2021). This was accomplished by working together with the airlines and the unions to cut back on the unwarranted compensation increases and the 18-month pay freeze.
? Expansion of Domestic travel
In Australia, the hospitality and travel industry is emerging rapidly, and thus, the rise of domestic travel has been observed. Some of its market competitors have been found to stop expanding their capacities during the post-pandemic scenario, primarily intended to recover from the significant financial losses (Heiets, Oleshko & Leshchinsky 2021). Qantas has identified this opportunity to expand its businesses in the Australian market. Thus, the airline industry was able to fill more tickets to enhance its domestic market returns to some noticeable margin.
Qantas has been performing its operations in the market for a century now, and over these years, it has gained much experience in developing suitable strategies for maintaining consistent growth. The company has considered multiple strategies or methods to maintain its revenue inflow since the beginning. Thus, in the contemporary scenario, it has been found to use a robust strategic framework to support it as a backbone (White, 2018).
? Brand Awareness
Qantas invests much in creating brand awareness in the global market, especially in the Australian market. In order to do this, the company considers using social media platforms, innovative advertising strategies, print media, and public relations (White, 2018). Significant events also have been found to be launched on behalf of Qantas from time to time. Hence, it has been identified to be one of its strengths.
? Disputes in Union
Due to a complex operational structure, Qantas has faced major unionization issues. This was due to the company not being able to fulfil the requirements of its unions to some extent which made the company struggle to maintain the established connection. Additionally, several outside forces forced Qantas to make significant adjustments to its business strategies and operations, which were later found to be at odds with the needs and demands of the affiliated unions, including the Transport Workers Union and the Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association (ALAEA) (Raynes & Tsui, 2018).
? Failed financial planning
It has been found that Qantas was not able to do its financial planning appropriately. Evidence suggests that the company could have used more capital to make significant improvements within its functions as well as provide quality services to the consumers, which has not been done (Raynes & Tsui, 2018). This was primarily due to the company's primary focus on reducing operational costs, which made it miss some valuable changes within its internal structure.
The company has planned to offer direct flights between Europe and Australia. In this case, it has been done swiftly and without any error. When it comes to offering long-distance flights, Qantas has faced multiple issues, including generating profitability for the company and creating demand with a competitive pricing strategy. This is primarily due to high market competition and maintaining correct pricing for the services.
? Economic Advantages
During the current scenario, increased consumer spending can be observed in the airline's services, especially during the post-pandemic (Heiets & Prakittachakul, 2020). Hence, it has been considered one of the significant opportunities for the company to consider.
? High Demand
Increased cargo service demand will likely grow significantly within the next few years. Hence, it has been considered a massive opportunity for the company to grow in the target markets and expand its business functions.
? Low Inflation rate
Since the market is stable enough to support the airline businesses, it has been considered to be another opportunity for Qantas to provide services at a competitive price range due to a low inflation rate (Heiets & Prakittachakul, 2020).
? Increased Business travel
During the post-pandemic, an increment can be observed within business travel, which would also benefit Qantas to provide services for the business classes. This has created many scopes for the company to generate desired revenues from the market as the frequency of business travel has increased significantly.
? Market competition
The airline industry is emerging, and thus, more businesses are showing up each time. This has put the company under pressure to attract consumers from the market.
? Increasing pay
Rising pay levels and prices have become significant concerns for Qantas (Oxenbridge et al., 2010).
? Management cost
The fuel cost is rising along with other management, which has been identified as a threat.
2. Objectives of Qantas
As per the statement of qantas.com (2019), the objectives of Qantas are:
Acting responsibly and transparently
Qantas aims to achieve top quartile TSR, and to meet this, Qantas follows six strategic pillars.
Following the financial framework
Qantas aims to deliver sustainable services to ensure a long-term return to its stakeholders, and this is done through a prudent approach to capital management (qantas.com, 2019).
Maintaining a balanced scorecard.
With the help of this approach, Qantas aims to measure its performance over time in delivering desired services to clients (qantas.com, 2019).
3. Alternatives to be considered by Qantas
Qantas can focus on improving its unionization by meeting their requirements and reaching a mutual understanding for generating desired profits for both sides.
Enhanced financial planning
This would help Qantas make innovative changes within the workspace and services, allowing it to use the capital appropriately.
Determining the service qualities
Qantas can provide competitive services to meet consumer demands and also generate profitability. This would improve the brand image of Qantas.
The company can consider innovation in making suitable changes within its operations, which would further help it mitigate the competition and financial planning-related issues.
4. Analysis of the Alternatives
This section will analyze each alternative chosen for Qantas to consider to mitigate the gaps between where the company is in the current situation and where the company is aiming to move.
As per the statement of Whitley (2022), the COVID-19 pandemic has affected all kinds of businesses, especially airline services such as Qantas, due to the temporary lockdown situations as well as restrictions for people to travel from one place to another. Hence, it has highly affected the financial health of businesses like Qantas. In order to recover from this adverse situation, organizations such as Qantas had to focus on making changes within its operations to some noticeable margin which would further support the organization restore their financial health and re-establish the brand image within the target markets. The unionization process has been complicated in the instance of Qantas because the demands of the affiliated unions have been seen to shift in response to the pandemic. In contrast, the company itself was focusing on restoring its brand reputation. Thus, Qantas was unable to consider its demands to include those in its operational change during the post-pandemic. 97% of staff belonging to such unions have rejected the company's offer of better pay and allowances (Whitley, 2022). Hence, it can be recommended that Qantas focus on and fulfill the demands of the associated unions in order to provide a better service to its global clients. Although this would cost the company some extra pennies to provide better pay to the workers of the union members, it would support the company in restoring its brand image as well as reputation by providing quality services to its global consumer base.
Enhanced Financial Planning
During the post-pandemic, Qantas could not perform its financial planning to some desired margin, which affected the internal operations of the company to some noticeable margin. COVID-19 has affected most of the hospitality and airline businesses to some significant extent, from which most have recovered by focusing on innovative and creative approaches. Although Qantas has been focusing on reducing its operational costs by considering various methods and strategies, it could not recover from the financial losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Hence, it can be recommended that the company improve its financial planning by aligning its goals and objectives, which would help it to deal with the adverse situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and reduce operational costs. With adequate financial planning, Qantas would also be capable of delivering desired services to the global client base by fulfilling their demands as well as requirements appropriately. This would further help it follow the financial framework and maintain a balanced scorecard, which is some of the organization 's objectives.
Lack of innovation also can be observed within the development of policies and determining the company's business functions. This has further affected the service qualities as well as the competitive advantages of the company. During the post-pandemic, other airline businesses have focused on innovative and creative approaches to determine their service qualities and achieve advantages in the market. According to Nolan (2022), the passengers of Qantas have been facing long flight delay issues due to some technical problems. The company still follows traditional operations methods; hence, the fast-paced market is producing significant challenges for the company. Hence, it can be recommended that Qantas follow both innovative and creative approaches in its operational planning, which would enhance the quality of the services and mitigate such issues faced by its passengers. The company can also consider technological innovation, which would support Qantas in making data-driven approaches to gaining the desired competitive advantages. This would also help the company deal with financial planning-related issues.
Enhancing the Service qualities
This is another alternative approach recommended for Qantas to meet its corporate objectives and its long-term and short-term goals. It was recommended as an alternative as it could provide certain competitive advantages to the airline company, which would further help Qantas generate desired profitability. According to Gans (2011), the company has been providing below-average domestic experiences to its global clients, which has contributed much to generating significant quality gaps within its services. Hence, this was presented as one of the alternatives to Qantas to focus on improving the service quality, which would further support the company in maintaining a balanced scorecard.
This section will highlight the chosen alternatives among all four with proper justification for choosing that particularly. In addition, the even swap method will be utilized in order to select the most suitable solution for the customer by analyzing the performance of each of the potential options.
Innovation has been chosen among all the alternatives, and this one is recommended to the client. There are multiple reasons to choose this one among the other alternatives discussed in the previous section of this report. During the post-pandemic, increased market competition can be observed within the hospitality as well as airline businesses globally (Amankwah-Amoah, 2021). Furthermore, adverse impacts of the pandemic compelled the governments to go through temporary lockdowns, which further affected the financial health of the companies to some noticeable margin. In order to deal with the issues, businesses belonging to the hospitality and airline sectors have been adopting innovative and creative methods to re-establish their brand images in the market and regain their competitive positions. This has helped them improve the service quality as well as company policies to operate the business functions. Hence, this particular alternative has been chosen to be the best one as a recommendation for Qantas as this would allow the company to go through major changes within its operations by introducing advanced technologies as well as innovative methods in improving the service qualities as well as delivery. This would also help Qantas follow its financial frameworks and maintain a balanced scorecard, which are some of its primary objectives. Thus, Qantas could mitigate its financial planning-related issues, which would help it further restore the financial damages caused by the global pandemic.
6. Risks, Uncertainties, and decisions associated with the chosen alternative
Although innovation can fetch multiple competitive advantages to the organisation , by which it can re-establish its brand image within the market, especially during the post-pandemic, innovation can bring certain risks as well as uncertainties (Yu et al., 2021). This can include a high operational cost for the company, which has been identified as a major risk for the company as Qantas has been focusing on reducing operational costs by taking the help of various strategies and methods. Thus, the company can find innovation costly to some extent, creating some points of concern for the company. Apart from this, innovation would require additional support from research and development on the functions of the airline industry in order to gather and evaluate data regarding the areas of development. This would draw the company's attention to other sectors, which can make the company's operations complex.
7. Steps to implement the chosen alternative
Innovation can be introduced in different sectors of the airline company, which are elaborated on in the following.
Innovation in the network operation can support Qantas in improving the efficiency of its operational capabilities in airport traffic control. This would further add value to its network operations by enhancing the use of advanced materials, more sustainable fuel consumption, energy storage, and conversion into digital systems, as well as mitigating environmental factors (Rengarajan et al., 2021).
Innovation in this section would support Qantas in making a data-driven approach to fetching operational excellence to ensure the proper trajectory (Di Vaio & Varriale, 2019). This would also help the company mitigate long-haul passenger flight issues by ensuring operational excellence.
Aircraft Separation Modes
This is the next step in implementing innovation that would allow the aircraft to enhance the efficiency of the aircraft separation (Koseoglu et al., 2019). The tower controller would also provide enhanced signals to the aircraft, which would further allow the pilots to handle the aircraft more efficiently.
System-Wide Information Management (SWIM)
Innovation in this step would allow Qantas to take complete control of the flights by evaluating the current situation of the air quality, weather, flight information, as well as the demands of its stakeholders (Drlja?a et al., 2020).
It can be concluded that Qantas should focus on innovation primarily, which would allow it to mitigate all the issues properly. On the other hand, the other alternatives would not be able to cover all the issues, although those are capable of mitigating some of the issues faced by Qantas. The steps for implementing innovation would allow the company to take complete control of the flights, which would further enable it to enhance the service qualities to some noticeable margin.
Download Samples PDF
- Analog Vs Digital Communication Essay Assignment
- AHCBUS408 Operate Within A Budget Framework Assignment
- ENGR9704 Engineering Management Assignment
- MBA622 Comprehensive Healthcare Strategies
- HCT199 Evidencing Learning in Specialist Professional Assignment
- Old Man with Pneumonia Case Study Assignment
- CGRM4000 Corporate Governance Sustainability and Ethics Assignment
- HVAC System Design Assignment
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in The Workplace Assignment
- EDUC9607 Preparation for Coursework Project Assignment
- BUS2003 Sustainability and Ethics Assignment
- ACCT6003 Financial Accounting Processes Assignment
- 3155IBA Operational Management Assignment
- LAW6001 Taxation Law Case Study
- ITBO201 IT for Business Organisations Assignment
- BSBPMG430 Undertake Projectwork Assignment
- PRJ5004 Procurement Quality and Risk Management Assignment
- BST903 Financial and Business Analytics Assignment
- COMP2003 Securing Networks Assignment
- Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing