Project Management Coursework Assignment Sample
1. General Assessment Guidance
Please note late submissions will not be assessed.
You are required to submit all elements of your assessment via Turnitin online access. Only submissions made via the specified mode will be accepted and hard copies or any other digital form of submissions (like via email or pen drive etc.) will not be accepted.
For this coursework, the submission word limit is 1,000 words. You must comply with the word count guidelines. You may submit LESS than 1,000 words but not more. Word Count guidelines can be found on your programme home page and the coursework submission page.
Do not put your name or contact details anywhere on your submission. You should only put your student registration number (SRN) which will ensure your submission is recognized in the assessment process.
You are required to use only Harvard Referencing System in your submission for assignment help. Any content which is already published by other author(s) and is not referenced will be considered as a case of plagiarism.
You can find further information on Harvard Referencing in the online library on the Hub (Found via Help & Support). You can use the following link to access this information: http://bpp.libguides.com/Home/StudySupport
BPP University has a strict policy regarding authenticity of assessments. In proven instances of plagiarism or collusion, severe punishment will be imposed on offenders. You are advised to read the rules and regulations regarding plagiarism and collusion in the GARs and MOPP which are available on HUB in the Academic registry section (Found via Help & Support).
You should include a completed copy of the Assignment Cover sheet. Any submission without this completed Assignment Cover sheet may be considered invalid and not assessed.
THE SMART CITY OS CONSULTANCY
In the role of a Project Consultant you are required to develop a project for the Smart City OS project by leveraging the techniques and concepts you have covered in the module.
Task 1 – The Project Manager
Critically discuss what skills the project manager of the Smart City OS project needs to develop to be effective and reflect on possible actions the project manager of the Smart City OS project should take to develop those skills. Support your arguments with academic literature and references to other similar real projects.
Task 2 – Problem Solving & Decision Making
Identify relevant stakeholders and create a stakeholder influence map for the Smart City OS project and discuss why these are the most critical stakeholders emerging from your analysis., Then, by leveraging the academic literature and similar real projects, critically discuss how you engage the stakeholders you have identified with the Smart City OS project.
Task 3 – The Project Triangle
Critically discuss the importance of the various project triangle parameters that will need to be managed by the Smart City OS project manager over the course of the project, and how they may inter-relate to each other. Discuss the impact of possible changes to this project. Support your arguments with academic literature and references to other similar real projects.
Presentation and Structure
Word-count: up to 1,000 words.
In this area of technological advancement Hull is the first UK city to develop ‘The Smart City OS’ to visualize real life data on large displays. The project management plays significant role when it comes to development and execution of project in systematic way through using skills and abilities. Therefore, the current study will shed light on the skills and attributes to be considered by the project manager for completing the project process. In addition to that, significance of stakeholder participation will be discussed in this paper. Apart from that, the involvement of stakeholders will be discussed as it helps in making effective decision.
The Project Manager
The job of project management is not as easy as it sounds. It requires a lot of knowledge and skills in order to make the project successful. The project manager majorly focused on the below mentioned skills while executing this project for attaining goals and objectives associated with it.
The project manager needs to develop his leadership in order to lead his team in the project making it successful. The project manager needs to mediate as well as motivate the entire team so as to make each part of the project perfect (Novo et al, 2017).
Communication and leadership are the two sides of a coin. In order to become a good and ideal leader the manager needs to have excellent communication skills. The project manager of Smart City OS is required to develop and implement effective communication skills for sharing relevant data information about the project scheduling and strategy to be considered by the project manager ((Novo et al, 2017)). For instance, for providing high quality service to the populace, the project manager is requiring to use advanced communication tools through which the project team will be able to have proper understanding of the project procedures.
A project can prove to be effective only when it gets finished within the prescribed time. For this the manager must ensure that a proper realistic schedule is set up for the employees.
Planning a project always comes with risk as a combined offer irrespective of the project being big or small (Srivastava and Rathod, 2017). It is the job of the project manager to identify access and find solutions for the risks before starting the project.
Actions taken by project manager to develop these skills are as follows:
Project managers act as the keepers of a calendar of a project, as they are responsible for the successful completion of projects. In order to develop this skill, they need to search on time chart flows therefore planning each phase of the project systematically.
Project managers also act as the budget managers for a project. For this they need to go through the past projects to analyse the mistakes and prepare a budget accordingly. Project team need to look through the project scope in order to estimate the approximate budget and implement a plan accordingly.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Stakeholders are the people who invest in a project and are directly involved with the respected project. They gain profits or loss with the implementation of the project. Some of the important stakeholders for the Smart
City OS are as follows:
Employees devote a major portion of financial as well as time in developing the project and making it successful making them an important stakeholder.
Managers play a significant role in deciding the strategy and operation of the project making them an important stakeholder for the Smart City OS project.
The owners hold major shares of the project marking them as an important stakeholder for the Smart City OS project.
The suppliers are the source of resources required for implementation of the project marking them as important stakeholders (Li et al, 2017).
The interest of the society towards the environmental effects of the project makes them a concerning and important stakeholder for the Smart City OS.
The government ensures the project runs properly as it aids in the economic way to the government providing productivity as well as employment. This highlights them as important stakeholders (Gil-Garcia et al, 2019).
Creditors lend money to the project making them a financially important stakeholder for the Smart City OS project.
Shareholders own the shares of the company reaping the profits of the company. Thus they are important because they help the project to earn money.
Customers are the sole reason behind the survival of the Smart City OS project in the market.
The project manager needs to identify the stakeholders and get to know them so as to make it easy to communicate and initiate the project successfully. The project manager needs to arrange for meetings and seminars so as to initiate discussions amongst the stakeholders. This will help thyme to find out the similarities and resolve the conflicts beforehand. The project manager needs to make the stakeholders believe that they are genuinely interested to hear their ideologies first giving them utmost priority.
The Project Triangle
Smart City OS is required to incorporate and follow key four parameters of project management for attaining effective comparative advantage. It has been observed that application of these specific parameters helps in improving the quality of the project process. The four parameters of project manager are discussed below:
Time plays a crucial role when it comes to accomplishment of project goals. Therefore, the project managers are required to focus on time management skills for meeting deadlines. The project deadline is bound to be one of the key parameters since it helps in creating strong brand image. Failure in meeting deadlines may negatively affect the growth and development process of the project. (Sanchez and Terlizzi, 2017).
Quality helps in determining the standard followed by the company towards accomplishment of the project. Quality parameter is beneficial for establishing quality standards that may help in attaining strong comparative advantage. (Radujkovi? and Sjekavica, 2017).
Cost is another primary parameter required to be considered while conducting a project. The project manager is responsible for ensuring a budget that will be used for completing the project within a specific time.
After the identification of the major factors that are known to influence the project triangle, it is important to be able to conclude with certain remarks to acquire a proper understanding of the project. It is hence important for the project manager to be able to potentially define the project aspects, which are further split into potential tasks that are spread among team members. This would involve the identification of the project milestones that would keep the stakeholders informed regarding the progress of the project. The current study mainly focused on acquiring the skills and attributes for attaining project goals in an effective manner.
Gil-Garcia, J.R., Guler, A., Pardo, T.A. and Burke, G.B., 2019. Characterizing the importance of clarity of roles and responsibilities in government inter-organizational collaboration and information sharing initiatives. Government Information Quarterly, 36(4), p.101393.
Li, Z.Q., Tan, H.C., Anumba, C. and Chia, F.C., 2017. Development of a web-based system for managing suppliers’ performance and knowledge sharing in construction project. Built Environment Project and Asset Management.
Novo, B., Landis, E.A. and Haley, M.L., 2017. Leadership and its role in the success of project management. Journal of Leadership, Accountability, and Ethics, 14(1), pp.73-78.
Radujkovi?, M. and Sjekavica, M., 2017. Project management success factors. Procedia engineering, 196, pp.607-615.
Sanchez, O.P. and Terlizzi, M.A., 2017. Cost and time project management success factors for information systems development projects. International Journal of Project Management, 35(8), pp.1608-1626.
Shrivastava, S.V. and Rathod, U., 2017. A risk management framework for distributed agile projects. Information and software technology, 85, pp.1-
Download Samples PDF
- BE167 Accounting and Finance for Managers Assignment
- PROJ6004 Contracts and Procurement
- MGN428 Developing Entrepreneurial Mindsets Assignment
- BSBITU404 Produce Complex Desktop Published Document Assignment
- DATA4900 Innovation and Creativity in Business Analytics Assignment
- EDUC1001 Language and Learning in Your Discipline Assignment
- CHCMHS006 Facilitate The Recovery Process with The Person, Family and Carers
- TCHR5003 Principles and Practices in Early Childhood Assignment
- MBIS4010 Professional Practice in Information Systems Essay
- PBHL20001 Understanding Public Health Assignment
- Artificial Nanoparticle Blood Instant Oxygen Boost Report Assignment
- COIT20261 Network Routing and Switching Term Assignment
- Knowledge and Attitudes of Nursing Students About Pain Management Assignment
- MOD005778 Dynamics and Fluid Mechanics Assignment
- MKTG7512 Strategic Marketing Management Case Study
- MIS602 IT Report
- MEM602 Engineering Risk Management Assignment
- 2128IBA Business Processes
- OPM400 Production and Operations Management Assignment
- 3038IBA Business Case Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing