BE955 International Marketing and Entrepreneurship Assignment Sample
- The title should not be too long
- It should reflect the topic chosen (e.g. three key words in the title)
- The title is posed as a statement, not as a question
- The topic should fit your master’s degree
- The topic should not be too wide/general in scope
1. Introduction (about 150 words)
- You will link your topic briefly to your master’s programme
- The focus of your study and how it is placed in a research context in terms of your discipline.
(E.g. international marketing - customer relationships - branding – India to China - service sector)
2. Rational for the research (about 200 words)
- Justification for the dissertation research: Given what is already known on the specific topic, what is the knowledge gap that deserves a study? For an applied research project that does not address a knowledge gap in the literature, please establish the strategic importance of the concerned practical problem to an organisation or a population.
- Significance of the study: Why do you believe the proposed study is important? (e.g. the research problem is of strategic importance to an organisation, or potential impact on the society)
3. The objectives and scope of the research (about 150 words)
- Research aim: Overarching statement on what the study aims to achieve in one or two sentences
- Research questions: What is the research question or questions? The research question or questions should directly address the identified knowledge gap or practical problem.
- Research objectives: List at least two or three specific objectives. E.g. to find out what enables or hinders a circular economy, etc. If necessary, provide additional information to define the scope. For example, the context of the study is the UK, or this study only considers the perspective of consumers and excludes other stakeholders, etc.
4. Literature review (theories, concepts, definitions, the most relevant studies on your chosen topic and their key findings) (about 800 words)
- In relation to your disciplinary area, in general (e.g. consumer behaviour, supply chain management, etc.)
- In relation to your chosen topic, more specifically (e.g. brand management)
- What others have studied on the most relevant topics in a same context or different contexts, and what are their key findings?
A short paragraph at the end of this section to summarise the knowledge gap on your chosen topic, which will be addressed by your proposed study. For an applied research project, please summarise the potential solutions to your practical problem.
5. Methodology (about 400 words)
Describe your methodology, data collection procedures, data analysis methods, and justify each of them briefly. The justification should be related to the nature of your research and your research questions/objectives.
6. Expected outcomes/contributions (about 150 words)
‘Wrap up’ as to how all aspects above fit together and will be relevant. It should link back to the introduction by saying e.g. ‘this study is innovative; this study will generate new knowledge on...; this study will solve an important practical issue faced by ...’ etc.
Expected outcomes: e.g. empirical data that can help to understand:
- The what (variables; experiences; perceptions, attitudes, behaviours; actions)
- The how (processes, practices, systems, etc.)
- The why (internal and external conditions, causation, correlations, etc.)
These should be in relation to your research questions(s)/objectives: e.g. the link between networking behaviour of Chinese immigrant entrepreneurs and their business chances in the town of Southend; e.g. a robust NHS staff scheduling heuristic to cope with the unpredictable demand in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Potential contributions: e.g. to support policymaking; a model or framework to improve environmental sustainability; to improve operational efficiency of an organisation.
7. Timeline for completion (about 150 words)
Draw a Gannt chart or something similar considering the following:
- Most research works will be done in the Summer
- Ethical approval is required before primary data collection
- Including the deadline for submitting the draft to the supervisor!
- Set a time for your fieldwork (in the UK or abroad of about 2-3 weeks in July, on average)
- Set a time for your analysis and write up after the fieldwork
- Practical issues: assess likely contingencies; calculate the time of any potential holiday breaks or other commitments (this must be subtracted from any activity in the plan to make it viable.
Contingency plan: You should also highlight potential challenges which may prevent you from carrying out the proposed study, and your contingency plan.
References (excluded from the wordcount)
Biography information of the references cited in the main text, presented in the Harvard or APA 7th edition referencing style but not a mixture of both
Leaders are vital assets of the organisation that aims to bring co-ordination among employees and attains the organisation’s goal. Involvement of effective leadership skills is crucial to bring great confidence among employees and motivate them well in order to satisfy the customer’s need further. They are responsible to create a positive organisation culture and sustain enthusiastic environment around the community for assignment help.
The proposal will try to investigate the essential leadership skills that can exert great impact on organizational performance and promote the overall growth of business. Role of a manager is only restricted to achieving the short-term business goals but leaders are responsible for creating long term vision and influence others to achieve the vision. Therefore, the research will assess the impact of leaders that can make significant changes on organizational performance.
2. Rationale of research
The research will shed light on the differences between management practices and leadership practices as often both the concepts overlap and create confusion (Guhret al. 2019). In this research, the researcher will try evaluate the impact of leadership on organisational performance and prepare objectives based on the research phenomena. Collecting evidence based on phenomena on the participant for a specific period of time will allow the researcher to point out the present issues in leadership. As poor leadership style concerns a negative performance in the organisation, it is intricately important to study the effectiveness of leadership practices. Improper communication issues of leaders can also imply a challenge in the surrounding environment of employees that also need to be resolved to create a sustainable organisation culture.
Significance of the research
Role of leaders not only impact on the performance of organisation but also impact on the development of community. The research will try to generate the importance for leaders that can motivate their employees to reform their practice and contribute in larger context.
3. Objective and scope of the research
The aim of the research is to explore the impact of leadership on organizational performance and evaluate the benefit of effective leadership style application on an organization.
- How can poor leadership imply a negative performance in the organisation?
- What are the potential challenges confronted by the leaders in the organisation?
- How communication issue creates a gap between leaders and employees in the performance of the organisation?
- How have the leaders challenged themselves in the ongoing Covid-19 crisis?
- To identify the factors that affect the leadership styles
- To determine the impact of effective leadership in organizational performance.
- To evaluate the common leadership challenges.
- To suggest plausible recommendation to overcome the current issues in leadership
Scope of the research is to determine the contemporary issues in the modern-day leadership and use relevant real life examples of leadership so that impact of the leadership on organizational performance can be elaborately depicted. In order to evaluate the impact of effective leadership on organization, the research will consider the perspective of both internal and external stakeholders that will help in understanding the overall influence of leaders on organizational performance.
4. Literature review
Factors affecting leadership style
Technology can influence the business environment dramatically overnight. The leaders try to adopt different leadership styles and adjust according to it to accomplish the technological needs of the organisation. Research and development practices also trigger the leader’s minds to deploy innovative techniques in the firm to make the operations easier.
Culture varies widely depending on the history and crisis of the existing and potential leaders in an organisation. Based on the views of Al Khajeh(2018), culture is difficult to change as it is highly dependent on the customs, formal systems, traditions and long-held information of the company. To suit the needs of the firm, leaders undergo transparent leadership style to respond appropriately for different circumstances.
As organisations have their own specified working environment, the values of the company are recognised to be the legacy of the past and current leaders. The leaders often care for the shareholders, employees, customers and working community through a defined leadership style to make up the personality of the firm.
Impact of leadership in organisational performance
The leadership style encountered by the leaders of the organisation significantly impacts the level of engagement and dedication of employees. They are able to inspire, motivate and nourish the potential employees by building loyalty and trust to influence the team’s actions. Positive leaders alert the mind of the workers where the employees greatly respond to the leaders to seek their interests with a positive outlook (Mui, Basit & Hassan, 2018). Involvement of effective leadership strategy in the organisation increases the customer satisfaction rate as employees tend to be happier and cohesive to provide better service to the consumers. Good leadership raises the sales and revenue of the organisation as it is a crucial part of the leaders to be committed and have guts to imply higher growth expectation for the firm. Increased productivity is another positive impact of leaders towards organisational performance as they concentrate on engagement and motivation instead of authority style.
Challenges of leadership
Poor communication between the leaders and employees indulges a frequent leadership challenge. The most common and authentic problem disassociates with the business leaders as their communication sometimes lacks authenticity. It is either due to failing in understanding the employee perspective or due to external environmental implication that has led to a barrier between the employer and employee (Razzaq, Sami & Hammad, 2020).
Inappropriate leadership can discern poor management with the employees due to which they remain unclear about their roles and responsibilities in the organisation. It tends to create disengagement and lack of motivation among the employees as they are unable to focus on their duties with too many distractions.
Lack of problem-solving and negotiation skills
Failing to acquire proper problem-solving skills incurs the absence of a methodological approach of the leaders to solve the problem. It occurs due to the lack of commitment to address the problem or misinterpret it on the cause of having no knowledge on the problem solving and negotiation tools or techniques.
Overcome the issues of leadership
Open communication is the foremost way to address the leadership challenge of communication as it can improve the employee’s confidence level and boost increased growth in the organisation. As per the views of Khan et al. (2018), leaders need to respect and accept feedback based on their engagement level with the employees as it can clarify the roles of the workforce as well as endorse sustainable culture within the firm. Allowing collaborative practices within the company is crucial to split the teams into smaller groups for larger projects to avoid management issues with the employees. On the contrary, reduction of the cultural gaps among the workers by creating more awareness in the company is important to overcome the barriers between the employees and leaders.
Implementation of Behavioural leadership theoryis effective to focus on the actions of the leaders as per the demands and requisites of the employees. It promotes the value of leadership style by encouraging the workforce to support the individual needs based on the circumstances (Alhashediet al. 2021).
Figure 1: Behavioural leadership theory
(Source: Alhashediet al. 2021)
Involvement of the Michigan model of Leadership is crucial for the leaders in order to achieve the highest employee productivity and satisfaction rate. The leaders need to change their attitude by positive means by understanding the discrepancies of the workplace and the physical needs of the employees.
Figure 2: Michigan model of Leadership
(Source: Arif&Akram, 2018)
The study has used qualitative research methodology that is often time-consuming and can imply complex result work due to the subjective responses of the leaders. Another literature gap is the use of a cross-sectional time horizon for the study that is not effective to analyse the behaviour of leaders over time to showcase their impact on the organisation’s performance level. The ongoing crisis of Covid-19 is regarded to be a knowledge gap due to which the researcher has not presented vivid findings of leadership effectiveness in different realistic organisations (Para-González, Jiménez-Jiménez & Martínez-Lorente, 2018). In order to resolve the literature gap, the researcher can use mixed methods of research that could ensure contextualised insights of both qualitative and quantitative data. Involvement of longitudinal time horizon could be advantageous in terms of conducting the research for a longer time by identify the different behavioural characterises of leaders for organisational performance. The researcher needs to identify the potential problems of leaders in the pandemic crisis in order to provide a realistic solution to the problem and increase the visibility of the research scope.
5.1 Research philosophy, approach and design
1. Research philosophy
The research will apply pragmatic research philosophy as it will allow the researcher to collect both qualitative and quantitative data and build compact ideas about the research phenomena. As the research will try to investigate the influence of leadership on organization, therefore, pragmatism research philosophy will enable the researcher to form both subjective and objective knowledge about the research topic (Snyder, 2019). Pragmatism research philosophy also enables the researcher to select the most effective research approach that can help in addressing the research issues. Involvement of Behavioural theory of leadership was followed to address the leadership challenges in the study through a pragmatic approach.
2. Research Approach
Implementation of a specific research approach will help in developing details and plan and process of data collection so that aim and objective of the research can be attained. The research will include the inductive research approach to include specific information about the research phenomena. Inductive research approaches provide opportunities to develop research objectives and allow the researcher to apply specific theories and models that help in setting the pattern of the research.
3. Methodological Choice
There are three types of research methods such as mono method, mixed method and multi-mixed method that provide guidance to the research to conduct their research in a specific way. Mono method comprises only one type of research methodology such as qualitative or quantitative. On the other hand, the mixed method commonly used the combination of two methods and the multi-mixed method selected a wider range of methods to address the research phenomena (Al Khajeh, 2018). In this research, a mono method will be most appropriate for the research that will allow the researcher to collect qualitative data. Inclusion of non-numerical data will help the researcher to develop authenticated outcomes that develop clear understanding about the impact of leadership on organizational performance.
4. Research Strategy
Research strategy plays a critical role in introducing the main components of the research; therefore, selection of effective research strategy will enable the researcher to attain the research objectives.In this research, application of qualitative interviews will be appropriate as it will allow the researcher to collect concise information from the selected participants. The research will include 5 randomly selected participants and gather their view about effective leadership impact on an organization.
5. Time horizon
The research will include the cross sectionaltime horizon method that allows the researcher to collect data from a singular point of view and it restrain the researcher to practice any type of data manipulation technique. Longitudinal studies are more suitable for acknowledging the impact of changes on population. However, in this case, cross sectional study is more significant as it will provide an opportunity to describe the present situation of an organization and its employees.
5.2 Data collection and analysis technique
Primary and secondary data collection processes will be involved within the research to collect information that has already been tested. Due to the nature of the secondary data collection process, risk of failure of data will be minimize and the research will be able to present more accurate and authenticated research outcome (Cr, 2020). On the other hand, primary data collection process will also allow the researcher to conduct interviews with participants and encourage them to share their opinions about the research phenomena so that fresh hand information can be incorporated within the research.
Thematic data analysis method will be incorporated within the research so that appropriate themes can be made based on the collated information (Mohajan, 2018). Involvement of thematic analysis will enable the researcher to evaluate both numeric and non-numeric data and present significant research outcomes.
6. Expected Outcome
It is expected from the study that organisational environment, cultural background of the company and technological alliances are regarded as the most important variables for underlying the leaders on a good note. This study will generate an innovative knowledge on the impact of leadership on the performance ability of the organisation as it is responsible to boost sales revenue, generate increased employee motivation rate and loyal customers. Involvement of qualitative research methodological process is utilised in the study as it will incorporate the human experience of leaders. The researcher can also solve the practical issues of the leaders by fostering open communication channels and maintaining transparency among the employees through increased feedback sessions. In order to make a significant impact for the leaders for organisational performance, they need to reduce cultural gaps and foster open communication in a positive way (Arif&Akram, 2018).
Missing the deadlines of each work can incur over budget of the research project and delay the step-by-step acts with a great surge in the management schedules. The researcher needs to take care of the timeline through a time tracker to maintain a healthy workflow in the project.
Download Samples PDF
- HRM202 Human Resource Planning and Development Assignment
- HI5002 Finance for Business Assignment
- HND731 Learning and Teaching for Health Professionals Assignment
- DSAA204 Data Structure and Algorithms Assignment
- MEM604 Engineering Management Capstone Assignment
- Business Capstone Project Assignments
- TACC602 Accounting for Business Assignment
- External Auditing Process and Its Stages Assignment
- ITECH3001 Evaluating a System Assignment
- IND301B Industry Project Assignment
- MBA505 Business Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Assignment
- BUSI1591 Leadership Professional Development and Career Management Assignment
- Customer Experience Strategy Assignment
- COIT20245 Introduction To Programming Assignment
- PRJ5002 Enterprise and Resource Planning Assignment
- MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design Assignment
- MOD005778 Dynamics and Fluid Mechanics Assignment
- MIS301 Cyber Security Assignment
- Principles of Data Protection Act Assignment
- BE167 Accounting and Finance for Managers Assignment
Academic Writing Services
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment for University
- College Assignment Help
- SPSS Assignment Help
- HND Assignment Help
- Architecture Assignment Help
- Total Assignment Help
- All Assignment Help
- My Assignment Help
- Student Assignment Help
- Instant Assignment Help
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Global Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Solve My Assignment
- Make My Assignment
- Pay for Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Business Management Assignment Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Logistics Management Assignment Help
- Global Business Strategy Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- MBA Assignment Help
- Portfolio Management Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Hospitality Management Assignment Help
- Healthcare Management Assignment Help
- Investment Management Assignment Help
- Market Analysis Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- CRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Research Assignment Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Business Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Business Statistics Assignment Help
- Business Ethics Assignment Help
- 4p of Marketing Assignment Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Do My Finance Assignment For Me
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Behavioral Finance Assignment Help
- Finance Planning Assignment Help
- Personal Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Services Assignment Help
- Forex Assignment Help
- Financial Statement Analysis Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Business Finance Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Accounting Assignment Help
- Perdisco Assignment Help
- Solve My Accounting Paper
- Business Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Taxation Assignment Help
- Activity Based Accounting Assignment Help
- Tax Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Theory Assignment Help
Computer Science and IT
- Robotics Assignment Help
- Operating System Assignment Help
- Data mining Assignment Help
- Computer Network Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- IT Management Assignment Help
- Network Topology Assignment Help
- Data Structure Assignment Help
- Business Intelligence Assignment Help
- Data Flow Diagram Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- R Studio Assignment Help
- Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Social Media Law Assignment Help
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Human Rights Law Assignment Help
- Evidence Law Assignment Help
- Administrative Law Assignment Help
- Enterprise Law Assignment Help
- Migration Law Assignment Help
- Communication Law Assignment Help
- Law and Ethics Assignment Help
- Consumer Law Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Philosophy Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Geography Assignment Help
- Agroecology Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Social Science Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Mass Communication Assignment Help
- History Assignment Help
- Cookery Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Managerial Economics Assignment Help
- Econometrics Assignment Help
- Microeconomics Assignment Help
- Business Economics Assignment Help
- Marketing Plan Assignment Help
- Demand Supply Assignment Help
- Comparative Analysis Assignment Help
- Health Economics Assignment Help
- Macroeconomics Assignment Help
- Political Economics Assignment Help
- International Economics Assignments Help
- Academic Writing Services
- Essay Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Essay Help Online
- Online Custom Essay Help
- Descriptive Essay Help
- Help With MBA Essays
- Essay Writing Service
- Essay Writer For Australia
- Essay Outline Help
- illustration Essay Help
- Response Essay Writing Help
- Professional Essay Writers
- Custom Essay Help
- English Essay Writing Help
- Essay Homework Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay Help
- Research Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essays
- Writing Essay Papers
- Write My Essay Help
- Need Help Writing Essay
- Help Writing Scholarship Essay
- Help Writing a Narrative Essay
- Best Essay Writing Service Canada
- Biology Dissertation Help
- Academic Dissertation Help
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Help Online
- MATLAB Dissertation Help
- Doctoral Dissertation Help
- Geography Dissertation Help
- Architecture Dissertation Help
- Statistics Dissertation Help
- Sociology Dissertation Help
- English Dissertation Help
- Law Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Proofreading Services
- Cheap Dissertation Help
- Dissertation Writing Help
- Marketing Dissertation Help
- Write Case Study For Me
- Business Law Case Study Help
- Civil Law Case Study Help
- Marketing Case Study Help
- Nursing Case Study Help
- Case Study Writing Services
- History Case Study help
- Amazon Case Study Help
- Apple Case Study Help
- Case Study Assignment Help
- ZARA Case Study Assignment Help
- IKEA Case Study Assignment Help
- Zappos Case Study Assignment Help
- Tesla Case Study Assignment Help
- Flipkart Case Study Assignment Help
- Contract Law Case Study Assignments Help
- Business Ethics Case Study Assignment Help
- Nike SWOT Analysis Case Study Assignment Help
- Thesis Writing